Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:09

Sign in to follow this  
Preacher

US Military Groups

Would anyone be interested in role-playing as a US military group. I haven't seen one around in a while or reinstating the 1MZED?

Phatal    46

US Military groups are always entertaining, but if not rped correctly they get quite dull. Also, as far as the Mod is concerned, what purpose does the US Military have in Chernarus at this point?

US Military groups are always entertaining, but if not rped correctly they get quite dull. Also, as far as the Mod is concerned, what purpose does the US Military have in Chernarus at this point?

Thats like ask why the Russians are here.

Phatal    46

Thats like ask why the Russians are here.

Disclaimer: I've had quite a lot of fun with US clans, I have nothing against them.

To answer that question, Russia is noticeably closer and would have been expected to send help during the outbreak, as well as having supply lines and other resources they have the ability to enter and aid or strip from chernarus, SVR's backstory helps with this as well.

The US on the other hand, as far as the mod is concerned have No supply lines, no means of aid and are most likely still trying to hold out in their country, thus calling all outward troops back that can make it with the exception of Utes. Russia, on the other hand, consider Chernarus and Zagoria its "Satellite nation" (Look at Ukraine and what they did to try and force it to rejoin). Therefore, the sense in Russia being there is much greater than US, but then you can argue why a lot of other clans are there. As long as the backstory and RP in game are good enough, I say power to you and go for it man.

Cjbustuup    1

I say why not! That is if you can come up with a plausible backstory to be in Chernarus.

Frozen    45

No thx.

If you role play it correctly then I see no problem

@cut4SFOD-D

*Looks eagerly for Mav*

OT: No issue as long as it makes sense and you aren't a special forces, uber, cyborg ninja squad.

Hex    31

To be fair, in the current mod there is literally zero place for an organized US military group. However, the Standalone has many more options for such groups!

McDugals    37

To be fair, in the current mod there is literally zero place for an organized US military group. However, the Standalone has many more options for such groups!

But....didn't US help in the joint operation with the Russians to keep the infection at bay...thought I read that in the lore.

Wunsleh    10

@cut4SFOD-D

Hex    31

But....didn't US help in the joint operation with the Russians to keep the infection at bay...thought I read that in the lore.

Dosent mean US forces couldn't wander in, their reasoning for being in Chernarus is really being the only thing that could be a problem, though it could be as simple as knowing this is where the virus started from and wanting to try and restore order or something/find a cure.

McDugals    37

Dosent mean US forces couldn't wander in, their reasoning for being in Chernarus is really being the only thing that could be a problem, though it could be as simple as knowing this is where the virus started from and wanting to try and restore order or something/find a cure.

I'm confused then, so do you think that it makes sense for them to be here or no? Your original post and your new one is kinda throwing me off.

Hex    31

I'm confused then, so do you think that it makes sense for them to be here or no? Your original post and your new one is kinda throwing me off.

Then I have done my job!

My original post stated its hard for them to be in the mod, what I was speaking about was the SA lore and time frame, due to the infection just starting ( relatively speaking ) only 1-5 months ago, major groups that were not smashed by hordes of infected would most likely still be together, namely naval groups and carriers who are practically floating cities in their own right and largely cut off from the infection.

Dishes    159

Would definitely be interested in randomly coming across them sometime

Frozen    45

2 yeara ago and they failed.

UEF is the only organized military composed of Americans/British and then some very little amounts of French and etc..

Sin    113

It makes total sense for US military groups to be in Chernarus. After all, they're everywhere else, aren't they?

Policemen of the World! 'Murrica! Fuck yeah!

Dougie    23

It makes total sense for US military groups to be in Chernarus. After all, they're everywhere else, aren't they?

Yeah we love interfering with every single conflict possible... So why not Chernarus

Spotter    0

Yeah we love interfering with every single conflict possible... So why not Chernarus

Play the Arma 2 campaign. Literally reason for US occupation on a silver platter.

Risen Paul    0

Perhaps the occurrence of African pirates, Mexican smugglers and Samurais has forced them to intervene :troll:.

Zero    276

The answer to your question lies in the entire history of the United States. Doesn't matter why, they always end up sending money and aid to some god forsaken country we never even have close ties too.

Would you rather watch the world burn around you and wait for your own demise, or send infiltration teams to try and find the source of the problem and possibly a cure?