Server time: 2017-08-23, 10:17

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Neubia

Ebola Questions

Neubia    0

Greetings Forum members and Zombie hunters!

I come with a request and on offer for you. For school I am working on an essay on Ebola, specifically the dangers it poses first world countries. For this I need to ask a group of between 20 and 40 people a set of questions. I will post these question below, and would appreciate it if you could answer them. They are mostly Yes and No questions.

My offer is this, since I've been researching Ebola for quite some time now (On the internet, news reports, books, interview with medical professionals. Not in a lab) I know a decent amount on the topic. So if you have any questions on it, please post them below and I will answer them as best I can.

To those that are completely uniformed, Ebola is a disease in west Africa that has reached epidemic levels. It kills between 50-90 percent of the people it infects and there is no cure as of yet.

If you do not wish to post your answers here, send them to [email protected]

The Questions:

How old are you?

Male or Female?

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat?

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries?

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)?

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola?

Disclaimer: I am not a Medical Professional, all my information comes from other Sources. While I will answer any question posed to the best of my knowledge, do not take them with blind faith. I am human I make mistakes.

The Questions:

How old are you? 38

Male or Female? Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? Not in the slightest

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? Nope. We have a standard of basic hygiene and with simply washing your hands and avoiding direct contact with body fluids the virus will die.

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Yes, direct contact with infected bodly fluids.

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? None...I bathe on a regular basis and do not touch other people's body fluids. Especially those with possible contamination.

Masulii    24

How old are you? 19

Male or Female? Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? It is a serious threat but I don't believe it is -that- serious (just media going nuts about this kind of subject)

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? I believe there is a good level of hygiene and it is pretty easy to prevent.

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Yes, direct contact with blood / body fluids.

Pretty much nothing. I ain't going to touch anybody who may have possible ebola

Conor    243

How old are you? 18

Male or Female? Male

Not in the western world.

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? No, there might be the odd patient here and there like we have had already but nothing significant.

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? It is most easily transmitted through blood and other bodily fluids.

In African countries it has also been noted to spread through the handling of bush meat.

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? None

Laurence Taylor    3

The Questions:

How old are you? 17

Male or Female? Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? Serious threat to less developed countries, not very serious in 1st world countries as we have a generally good health care system and basic hygiene.

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? not a serious out break, but a couple here and there from traveling to countries known to have bad cases of ebola.

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Direct contact with the body or bodily fluids

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? Nadaaa

Rifleman    14

How old are you? 17

Male or Female? Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? Partially, The most recent outbreak in West Africa is a major issue as those countries have limited healthcare and infrastructure. But to first world countries? Not too much of a severity. Rehydration techniques have already shown to improve survival rate.

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? It's always a possibility, and I'm not going to deny that it could ever infect first world countries. But there are countless countermeasures that can easily be set in place to prevent the spread of Ebola.

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Yes, Ebola spreads by direct infected bodily fluid (Blood, etc.) contact with infected individuals or animals. Ebola's natural host is believed to be a species of fruit bat that lives around the Ebola river area.

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? I don't see the need to, it isn't an airborne disease, and only spreads by direct fluid contact. It hasn't even arrived in the UK yet.

Yuval    2

The Questions:

How old are you? 17

Male or Female? male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? no

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? don't care.

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? yes, bodily fluids

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? nopes

redspear461    0

How old are you? 17

Male or Female? Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? Not in the slightest

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? I don't believe so, we have proper medical supplies, and so long as we don't do anything stupid, I believe we will be ok

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Yes, by coming into contact with infected body fluids

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? None, because I'm not worried about it spreading, I wash my hands, and don't go near sick people often, so I should be fine.

Bulld0g    0

How old are you?18

Male or Female?Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? Nope

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? Nope, Hard to spread ebola in countries with good healthcare and decent hygiene standards

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Body Fluids

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? Nothing, Ebola is insignificant in my life.

Oldman    22

Greetings Forum members and Zombie hunters!

I come with a request and on offer for you. For school I am working on an essay on Ebola, specifically the dangers it poses first world countries. For this I need to ask a group of between 20 and 40 people a set of questions. I will post these question below, and would appreciate it if you could answer them. They are mostly Yes and No questions.

My offer is this, since I've been researching Ebola for quite some time now (On the internet, news reports, books, interview with medical professionals. Not in a lab) I know a decent amount on the topic. So if you have any questions on it, please post them below and I will answer them as best I can.

To those that are completely uniformed, Ebola is a disease in west Africa that has reached epidemic levels. It kills between 50-90 percent of the people it infects and there is no cure as of yet.

If you do not wish to post your answers here, send them to [email protected]

The Questions:

How old are you?

Male or Female?

male

moderate threat mostly to for the global economy

It will reach, but I am confident it will not spread further in first world country's

limited knowledge, by close contact???

none so far

Disclaimer: I am not a Medical Professional, all my information comes from other Sources. While I will answer any question posed to the best of my knowledge, do not take them with blind faith. I am human I make mistakes.

How old are you? 16

Male or Female? Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? Not really

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? Possibly, but it will die off due to decent health care

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Yes, contact with infected bodily fluids

giphy.gif

Washing hands, staying hygienic

Texas532    0

How old are you? 17

Male or Female? Male

Not to me at the least

It depends if one case counts as "spread" if so it already has. If not it probably will considering the lack of seriousness surrounding the issue.

Kind of, I believe that it is transmitted through bodily fluids like blood and sweat and maybe saliva.

None currently as there have been no reported cases in my country.

How old are you? 17

Male or Female? Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? No

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? Unlikely, if so only very small amounts that will be swiftly contained.

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Spread by direct contact it is not an airborne disease.

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? None, if it does spread to the UK in a serious way then I would most likely continue as normal until there was a direct threat in the local area and then I would probably stay indoors and limit contact with others. Personally I feel it is best to remain calm and not to panic, more people die every year from the common flu than have been killed by ebola. Of course that's not to say that it isn't a problem that shouldn't be taken seriously, I just have faith in British medical and research teams.

Sin    114

How old are you?

Male or Female?

Male

Not personally, but it is clearly a major problem in its native territories, but that is primarily due to cultural and hygienic practices in those regions.

There have already been a handful of confirmed cases in the US, and I believe a few in European countries, with scores more potentially infected quarantined. It's unlikely that it will reach 'outbreak' proportions in first world countries due to better education, awareness and hygiene practices.

Primary infection vector is contact with blood or other body fluids of infected individuals. Most such individuals are easily identified because they present symptoms such as fever or hemorrhagic bleeding; but not all infectious individuals present. There have been a number of cases in which an infected person has been identified as the initial vector, but said individual did not have any symptoms.

The CDC has admitted that it is possible for ebola to spread via aspirated aerosols, such as those naturally created when an infected individual coughs, sneezes, or vomits blood. In fact, such aerosols can travel 3 feet according to some CDC sources, though others cite as much as 6 feet. Other studies have shown that small moisture droplets within the aspirated cloud travel much further; "Indeed, the study finds, the smaller droplets that emerge in a cough or sneeze may travel five to 200 times further than they would if those droplets simply moved as groups of unconnected particles — which is what previous estimates had assumed. The tendency of these droplets to stay airborne, resuspended by gas clouds, means that ventilation systems may be more prone to transmitting potentially infectious particles than had been suspected." Ventilation systems. In a US government facility in Reston VA, in 1989, a group of macaques (monkeys) appear to have contracted ebola from a separate group of monkeys in another room. There is some question as to whether the virus spread through the ventilation system, or if they were infected before shipment, but 4 humans who worked with the monkeys tested positive for presence of the filovirus in their blood, though none subsequently presented symptoms. "It is likely that one of the four infected himself when he cut his finger while performing a necropsy on an infected monkey. The mode of transmission for the other three handlers is not known." See https://web.stanford.edu/group/virus/filo/ebor.html for more details.

"Ebola on dry surfaces, such as doorknobs and countertops, can survive for several hours; however, virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature." Source

But yeah, it's probably nothing to worry about. Have a nice day.

Reece    1

The Questions:

How old are you? 17

Male or Female? Male

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? Eventually

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Yes, Bodily fluids

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? No measures taken (I live life on the edge :) )

How old are you? 16

Male or Female? Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? Yes And No Its a Virus and can mutate Never Underestimate... But Im not too concerned

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? Yes already Has

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Yes Ebola is transmitted through direct contact with the blood or body fluids of a person who is sick with Ebola, However There is no proof that it can be spread through other means... IE Cough Sneezing

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? None At the moment except learning about it.

Mellstrom    21

The Questions:

How old are you? 23

Male or Female? Male

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? Eventually but it will never settle down and spread, we have very good education, awareness and hygiene practices.

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Yes, direct contact with infected bodily fluids.

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? None, i wash my hands and don't make contact with people with Ebola.

Revilo    7

How old are you? 16

Male or Female? male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? as it stand now no. if it spreads more (Or is released as a bio weapon, yes its already been weaponised) then yes it will be a VERY serious threat

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? i think it already has? but is being contained if i am wrong then yes, i think it will spread

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? it will only spread just after the first set of symptoms are developed such as a fever and other that i am not sure of

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? im not taking any measures, the NHS should have me covered ^_^

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? i think it already has? but is being contained if i am wrong then yes, i think it will spread

Very Poorly Quarantined ;-)

GeriX    0

How old are you? 19

Male or Female? Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? No...I have a slight suspicion it's once again an exagerated thing created by the pharma industry, such as swine and bird Flu. (Let the flamewar begin!)

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? No for the reason I wrote before. And if it is real, we have for sure so good medication and care this wont be serious

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Nope.

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola? Nada

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

How old are you? 20

Male or Female? Male

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? Yes for Africa. No for first world countries.

Do you think the Ebola outbreak will spread to First world countries? Nope

Do you know how Ebola infects and spreads(If yes, how)? Yes Ebola through direct contact with the blood or body fluids

What, if any, measures are you taking against Ebola?None. I don't need to (yet *cough*)

Neubia    0

You guys are amazing, thank you.

Do you consider Ebola to be a serious threat? No...I have a slight suspicion it's once again an exagerated thing created by the pharma industry, such as swine and bird Flu. (Let the flamewar begin!)

Brief reply to this, First, its not being hyped by the Major pharma companies, because they cannot make money off of it. There is no money to be made on a vaccine that will be deployed only in Africa.

To the swine/bird flu. The main fear was that it was similar to the Spanish influenza that killed between 50-100 million people. In addition no human had any built up natural resistance to it, since it was a new strain of disease. In this case it turned out to be harmless.

Thunderf00t on the swine flu: