Server time: 2017-10-23, 13:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Galland

Houses and Locks

Question

Galland    89

Grüss Gott

I was able to get my hands on some shack plans yesterday.

Thanks to the help of Mr Mannerheim i was able to complet it but now i`m standing infront of it and i think... can i lock this at all?

because otherwise its just a nice bad weather shelter but my stuff would be saver in a stash far far away.

Thanks in advance

Galland

12 answers to this question

Owen    16

There are currently no locks avaliable ingame i believe to close these but they have been thought of I think. It is a shame really that there are no locks present as it would be a great addition to the building system.

Masulii    25

You can't lock it in anyway. There is no lock ingame I believe.

It would be nice to have lockable buildings in mod but then it would also kinda limit RP :/

Mikachu    26

There is a padlock model (which works) in the files and locking doors is something we were looking into but dunno if the current dev team will or not.

It's all there ready to go except for a way to break in :)

This does sound pretty ok, I would like if you can still find a way to break in.

Ill mark this solved but leave open for discussion, even poke some devs to look at it and provide some input. :)

J.D.    2

There is a system that you can lock the house up and when someone tries to break in it will send an email to the owner informing of them of a break in.

If you try to break in there is a chance that you will just break your tools and not be able to get in.

Galland    89

thanks ;)

to the point of breaking into a house, there should atleast be one way to store a limited amount of loot savely without the chance of anyboy else to get it

like a ``iron reserve``, the house would be perfect for that

to the breaking in, in RL you could sleep in there and if one wants to break in... hust hust AUG burst to the door hust hust

Igi    4

Adding a 100% safe method of storing gear is a no go.

Gear whoring isn't something we'll ever promote, even if it's only a few items. It all adds up.

If we ever add locking systems to buildings, we will add a method to break in.

We learned from Epoch that allowing people to store gear safely just ruins the experience for everyone.

EDIT: Break in methods will likely be difficult though... so you can still consider it 'safe' storage. It just won't be 100% safe.

Galland    89

Break in methods will likely be difficult though... so you can still consider it 'safe' storage. It just won't be 100% safe.

thats good enought! i just thought it might be like epoch 3 numbers and just time as the enemy of the thief

Grihm    16

Would be very kind if we could avoid calling it "gear whoring " please. Not every suggestion to add a lock needs to be related to such behavior.

Dougie    23

Isn't this being implemented right now in SA? I saw the whole lockpick deal on the patchnotes, sounds pretty cool. I guess this is for the mod but I thought I would throw this in there.

Igi    4

Would be very kind if we could avoid calling it "gear whoring " please. Not every suggestion to add a lock needs to be related to such behavior.

I didn't mean to imply that it's the intention of every one but it isn't something that can be ignored when suggestions like this arise.

Grihm    16

I didn't mean to imply that it's the intention of every one but it isn't something that can be ignored when suggestions like this arise.

No i understand that, but it has been used in anger comments before, so i thought we could just dissarm the word =)