Server time: 2017-10-17, 00:33
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Olledabest

Resurrected as Undead

I don't know if this is possible, but here we go.

1. I was thinking that if you die from example a zombie, your corpse would reanimate as a zombie.

I have no idea whatsoever if this is possible, but if it would be possible, it would be a nice addition to RP.

If there is much work in it, perhaps it wouldn't be worth it as we might change to standalone soon.

2. Take away all CR rights from camps and let whoever takes the camp control it for so long they can.

I think there is a huge glitch in the system that CRs should be able to shoot, rob or kill in their camp without a valid reason if they feel so. Also hoarding vehicles in the camp and shooting out the wheels is bad RP in my opinion.

These suggestions might've been suggested before, but I'll give it a try.

Rolle    2926

1. I know we can change players into actual zombies using admin tools, question is if it's possible through a script of some kind and if the players are interested in that kind of gameplay. Having actual intelligent zombies would be awesome :)

2. So basically disregard campfire RP and let the bandits or groups who have most members attack and grief the settlement. I don't see that working, you'll have to compromise here instead of just removing every regulation.

Masulii    25

1) I think that there was a DayZ mod that actually allowed players to become zombies after they died (don't remember what, have seen a video). Basically, after a player died but didn't go to the lobby, he became a zombie after a moment, being able to attack players as a zombie.

2) I don't really see why this would be a good idea. Solace (atm only settlement) is considered as a PCB when there is no CR's online.

Hex    31

I belive DayZero ( or something silly ) had a system where if you were infected and then died to zombies, you spawned as a zombie. Was a pretty cool mechanic because it allowed you to attack players in a smart way, stalking them, pretending not to see them before flanking them, calling in a horde. good times +1 to that.

1. I know we can change players into actual zombies using admin tools, question is if it's possible through a script of some kind and if the players are interested in that kind of gameplay. Having actual intelligent zombies would be awesome :)

2. So basically disregard campfire RP and let the bandits or groups who have most members attack and grief the settlement. I don't see that working, you'll have to compromise here instead of just removing every regulation.

2. Yeah, indeed a compromise would be required as what I suggested would need to be modified. But I do believe some rules need to be changed

1. Love the idea, if it was a choice to do so when you died though. But would it have a time limit? Do you re spawn as a human again once the zed you dies?

2. I think that defeats the effort and time put in by the CR's and those who built the settlement, also could cause a lot more confusion and drama then it would be worth imo. Yes the rules make it hard for hostile people but in the long run I personally do not mind. Although I think the KoS things may need some looking at again.

Igi    4

Epoch or origins was the one that had the players becoming zombies if they died while infected.

Really easy to do ^_^

I feel a lot of troll RP happening though... plus I personally find it annoying when I spawned as a zombie and would often just climb onto a building to suicide.

Always funny to run up to your friends and scare the shit out of them though.

Two things from a story perspective on idea number 1:

This would mean that characters would die. This would add permadeath on here. I'm not adverse to the idea, I think it could add an interesting addition if it was made more optional.

If not then it can break immersion a bit if you saw your friend become a zombie only to meet up with the same character later on.

Epoch or origins was the one that had the players becoming zombies if they died while infected.

Really easy to do ^_^

I feel a lot of troll RP happening though... plus I personally find it annoying when I spawned as a zombie and would often just climb onto a building to suicide.

Always funny to run up to your friends and scare the shit out of them though.

The NVFL rules would still apply for zombies.

And if they would troll, they would get a punishment.

I also think that if you choose not to control the zombie, it would just wake up as a NPC and could be killed as easily as any other zombie.

About suggestion (2) I think that perphaps CRs are needed, but they should not be immune in the camp. If they decide to initiate on someone for not for example showing ID, the accused and his clan mates should be able to do something about it

Pirate    3

Sign me up for that zombie shit :D

Red    233

I don't see idea 1 working out, unless you're willing to technically perma-kill your character.

You would have to make it so that you get to choose if you want to spawn as a zombie.

Plus I could imagine it being abused during firefights.

Thats my opinion thus far, maybe i'd just have to see it in action to really fully decide.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

I don't believe it's a perma kill of ur character, i call that bu*sh*t :P. In the end of the day when i kill you, do u perma ur char? No. But i don't believe it will work out. I'll give you an eg. You die in kamenka of azombie and u spawn there as undead. Then what? Will you run till you find someone to kill you so you can get a normal respawn?Nah, too much hassle man.

2. Take away all CR rights from camps and let whoever takes the camp control it for so long they can.

Again, i disagree. By doing that you would basicly have conflicts 24/7 as grp 1 would be there claiming the camp and then grp 2 would try to get it off them. Now imagine grp 3 and 4 jumping on the fight because they want the camp aswell. Chaos!

I don't believe it's a perma kill of ur character, i call that bu*sh*t :P. In the end of the day when i kill you, do u perma ur char? No. But i don't believe it will work out. I'll give you an eg. You die in kamenka of azombie and u spawn there as undead. Then what? Will you run till you find someone to kill you so you can get a normal respawn?Nah, too much hassle man.

Again, i disagree. By doing that you would basicly have conflicts 24/7 as grp 1 would be there claiming the camp and then grp 2 would try to get it off them. Now imagine grp 3 and 4 jumping on the fight because they want the camp aswell. Chaos!

Read what I said after that ''About suggestion (2) I think that perphaps CRs are needed, but they should not be immune in the camp. If they decide to initiate on someone for not for example showing ID, the accused and his clan mates should be able to do something about it''

Frayzies    6

Have to second SumoS' point. If you're present and you see your buddy old pal turn into a zombie, I think that pretty much implies an inarguable permadeath of the character on the dead-ing end of the deal. I've got no problem with that (I think it'd be a fantastic thing to see) but I'm doubtful as to whether or not our rules or DayZ itself could properly handle that sort of sudden game-changer.

Just throwing out another suggestion.

Would a random name generator after every death be possible? There is pros and cons with this, but it would be interesting to discuss it!

What do you guys think?

Chernov    0

Just throwing out another suggestion.

Would a random name generator after every death be possible? There is pros and cons with this, but it would be interesting to discuss it!

What do you guys think?

A random name generator for your character? I'm confused, why? Also I love the idea of people coming back as a zombie, but what if people see you turn after death? Do you not have to perma your character then? I know somethings have happened to people's characters that would warrent a perma death but they are attached to their character so they pretend it didnt happen or play it off, but this seems to me like something that is a guaranteed perma death for your character. There is no "just barley crawled away" from turning.

Pegasi    0

I don't know if this is possible, but here we go.

I think there is a huge glitch in the system that CRs should be able to shoot, rob or kill in their camp without a valid reason if they feel so. Also hoarding vehicles in the camp and shooting out the wheels is bad RP in my opinion.

These suggestions might've been suggested before, but I'll give it a try.

There is already a type of camp that runs this way, called the PCB (Player Controlled Base). Settlements are a different category that are meant to be like towns administered by a clan. If we did what you are suggesting, we would be eliminating the Settlement category, in effect just making larger PCBs instead. We used to have that and it was boring.. The only thing that ever happened was hyper-militaristic Russians conducting interrogations and executions in these places.

Also CRs are heavily discouraged from killing without reason. It really just is not an issue because bad CRs that don't follow clan CR guidelines will be, and have been in the past, simply removed from these factions and their CR privileges revoked..

But CR privileges is a discussion that has been brought up elsewhere.

I really like the zombie idea, especially if the player has full control, however I don't understand the argument that it would involve permadeath. How is dying and spawning as a zombie more permanent than literally being shot to death right in front of your friends, who still pretend it never happened later on? You don't get any more permadead than dead, and we seem to be able to ignore it and not feel obligated to permadie every time.