Server time: 2017-10-22, 13:49
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dave

CSGO Mentor

Dave    1

OK so I'm starting to get tired of not being particularly good at csgo with so many hours.

Therefore I am looking for someone of a high rank to mentor me on how to get better at the game.

It will be really helpful and greatly appreciated

My apologies if this should be in another thread please just close it and tell me if it should

Kanen    108

probs in the main csgo thread maybe i dont know but all you need to do is practice your aim in deathmatch or 1v1 aim servers, find a nice sensitvity and get a good few teammates your muscle memory should kick in with your favourite sensitivity and it should become much easier.

Dave    1

Watching streams is good

I watch a lot of streams and I know positions and some grenade throws but its mainly aim

probs in the main csgo thread maybe i dont know but all you need to do is practice your aim in deathmatch or 1v1 aim servers, find a nice sensitvity and get a good few teammates your muscle memory should kick in with your favourite sensitivity and it should become much easier.

OK thanks for the advice :)

Hatch    0

Watching streams is good

I watch a lot of streams and I know positions and some grenade throws but its mainly aim

Just go on aim servers and practice, play more comp to learn muscle memory on positions, get a sensitivity that suits you and possibly a crosshair.

Dave    1

Watching streams is good

Just go on aim servers and practice, play more comp to learn muscle memory on positions, get a sensitivity that suits you and possibly a crosshair.

I like my current sensitivity and my custom cross hair. I'll try just practising on aim servers. Thanks guys

When I use to play a lot of CS:GO, I pretty much just watched streams (usually a stream I bet skins on) and see how they did stuff. Sometimes when I was bored, I'd just play with BOTS alone on the hardest difficulty to just practice my aim.

Also, there's

video, which covers a lot of basics, but this is a Frankie video, so you might want to look at a streamed match or something. :P

Dave    1

When I use to play a lot of CS:GO, I pretty much just watched streams (usually a stream I bet skins on) and see how they did stuff. Sometimes when I was bored, I'd just play with BOTS alone on the hardest difficulty to just practice my aim.

Also, there's

video, which covers a lot of basics, but this is a Frankie video, so you might want to look at a streamed match or something. :P

Thanks Carib. It seems that most of it is just down to practising aim so I'll do that.

Thanks guys :D

Macyn    0

If you want specific tips put a demo of one of your average games in here and let people critique it. I'd be sure to look over it and help with any basic mechanics you need to get down.

Dave    1

If you want specific tips put a demo of one of your average games in here and let people critique it. I'd be sure to look over it and help with any basic mechanics you need to get down.

Thanks I'll be sure to do that

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Get James, that's how I learnt

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

I taught biddy through a series of insults and laughing. Also many facepalms. And now months later he is now a great CS:GO player.

Guest LethalWoman   
Guest LethalWoman

I taught biddy through a series of insults and laughing. Also many facepalms. And now months later he is now a great CS:GO player.

LOLOL you're silver :troll:

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

No no Cleo.

Gold Nova now :P

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

this

James is pretty useless, he usually just tries to do stupid ninjas that never work

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

this

James is pretty useless, he usually just tries to do stupid ninjas that never work

My ninjas work and I taught biddy and then he got a ninja. See? I'm a great teacher

Guest LethalWoman   
Guest LethalWoman

But ya, If you want to improve your aim, I personally feel DM is the best way to do it. Don't just run and gun tho, that could resolve into bad muscle memory, make sure you aim before you shoot and dont just blindly spray and pray, concentrate on each kill.

Conor    254

Playing with James I have learnt a few of the map call outs and got my first Ace but I still suck :D

Guest Brāy   
Guest Brāy

In my opinion Retake servers are the best practice you can get. Retake puts you in realistic scenarios defending or retaking bomb sites on all of the popular maps

http://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?query=Retake

If you're not sure how to join from just an ip open your console and type "Connect -insertiphere-"

Dave    1

In my opinion Retake servers are the best practice you can get. Retake puts you in realistic scenarios defending or retaking bomb sites on all of the popular maps

If you're not sure how to join from just an ip open your console and type "Connect -insertiphere-"

Thanks I'll definitely try that out :D

Hofer    20

I second this. Aim arena is also a good alternative for pure aim.

In addition to those two I would also suggest watching TheWarOwl's youtube tutorials. They are very informative, but while watching you should take note and practice what he actually says.

Watching streams is good

I don't aim practice but I am still good at the game ;)

Phatal    50

I learned how to play by watching n0thing.

Part of the reason I jump and get kills mid air, anyway. I suggest watch streams, find your perfect dpi, and aim for upper body and head.

kyoto    4

I learned how to play by watching n0thing.

Part of the reason I jump and get kills mid air, anyway. I suggest watch streams, find your perfect dpi, and aim for upper body and head.

Your play style makes me want to murder you.