Server time: 2017-10-21, 04:37
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Guest LethalWoman

My minor dilemma

Guest LethalWoman   
Guest LethalWoman

Hii loves,

Ever since CRA got shut down I've stopped playing Dayzrp, I don't know why exactly, because I really want to play. I just feel like I have noone to play with, which is weird because half of Ex-CRA are still playing rp, but then they are more ''searching for sensation'' sort of speak. Last time I found sensation I ended up KoSing someone and banned for 3 days, Obviously thats not my cup of tea.

There's also the part where I have no idea what to do with my char, I want to keep Elizabeth and I spoke with Conor about just adding some story about how I lost contact, which I would want to do but, how does that work out ig, Does she still have the same enemies because she's Ex-CRA? Can this be used as a reason to just rob or kill her ? I'm so confused..

Then there's the option to make a new char, I prefer not to but I kind of feel forced to do so, however that would kind of screw up my lore and story section thing thing.

This is me making a dilemma out of something small, but I just want to play again but I don't know where to start, and I keep stalling.. I hope you guys have some ideas :D

Thank you my beautiful little petunias !

ps: I don't know if I'm suppose to write this in the General Discussion topic.

Rick    19

I'd treat her with more of an individual perspective, rather then being tied to everything CRA did in the past. You have to decide what you character is really like. If she was super nationalistic, then she probably would have similar enemies that CRA did. If she was more of a survivor who just happened to wind up with CRA, she'd probably have a lot more neutral outlook, and tend to avoid hostilities. Past events definitely influence your character, but it depends on how much she cared about them to begin with.

If your looking for a starting place, I'd just decide what type of person you want your character to be (hero, bandit, neutral, friendly, ect). From there, it's a lot easier to judge how she would react to situations in game. No need to make a new character, especially considering you don't want to.

Hope that helps :)

Roman    0

Well I've only played once since I left B-17 and when I met SVR and told them that I was out they didn't let old grudges affect the roleplay, they understood that I was a civi (don't have a patch) and treated me like that, we had a nice little chat and it turned out great.

So I think you are pretty safe, as long as you don't go around boasting that you were in CRA or anything I don't think people care, you'll probably get robbed for a thousand other reasons.

Maybe find a clan with former CRA members, I think B-17 has a couple of them.

I had the same problem when my first clan that i joined closed, I was sat there for a while not knowing what to do as i had spent pretty much all of my time in RP playing with them and felt kinda lost without them. In the end I took a while away from the game over the summer. Then I joined a clan where a lot of the ex members had joined so that i could play with them again. Still it wasn't the same and now I've found a new place with different people who have similar enemies to my old group and similar allies.

For me I've kept my character alive from the start and although I don't use it as a exact reason to rob someone i still use past interactions as topics during interrogations and such. I don't see any problem with keeping your character alive and still using past hostilities to rob people as you can still provide some good RP out of it. There's no rule against saying you were in a past clan even if its gone now.

Plus keeping your character alive gives you allies in many different places if your friends are still using the same characters in other clans. so my advice keep your character alive and either find a new place to call home or just wander the earth and interact with new people you might not have had a chance to before.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

I had the same problem when my first clan that i joined closed

not knowing what to do

had spent pretty much all of my time in RP playing with them

kinda lost without them.

yeah :(

Dougie    23

When I left B-17 the most recent time I just played as a civ. I would join a TS room and mute sound and just run around with whoever I met. It was/is very immersive when you just run around without TS on and RP everything with everyone. I found myself throwing flares at cars (Worked pretty well til I threw one at a B-17 car and got captured :P) to try and get pickups and not picking and choosing who I RP with, but instead I was trying to RP with everyone I saw.

I kept the same character because I had enjoyed playing on him a lot and thought it would lead to good RP with B-17 as I was a "traitor" of them now and it also got me into a lot of sticky situations. I told everyone that I used to be a part of the Block and would let people react to that. Some people instantly changed their opinion on me no matter how nice I had been to them and wanted to execute me, while others let it go.

I enjoyed playing as a civ and playing by myself because you aren't as limited in my opinion in your RP. Sure you don't have shared KoS rights or any of that fancy stuff but when I left I wasn't robbed nearly as much and had a lot of good times. Generally I could roll around with whoever I wanted because the patch wasn't on my arm.

If I were you I would keep your character and not really change anything. Make up some story as to how she left and just go along with it. I'm sure you'll have fun.

Good Luck!

Matt    24

I think you should give this thread a look http://www.dayzrp.com/t-free-agents-looking-for-a-group?page=62

I can understand the situation you are in I have felt like that when I left a certain clan a while back I felt I had no one to play with and was just aimlessly running doing nothing but then I gave another clan a go what just so happened to be the freemedics and I was in them for a very very long time and met many of my friends their.

So it could not hurt to give another a clan a go hell you might have great fun.

Oh also about your character don't stop playing on it I have played my Dr Matt character when I first joined the community a year a go and I still do play him even if I have many enemies :)

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

Easy fix

Unban Pandi

Allow CRA back

Guest LethalWoman   
Guest LethalWoman

-individual perspective-

That does help a lot thanks, I know who I want my character to be, I just wasnt sure how she is suppose to react to certain past enemies, tho I see how that can also be seen as what personality would I want her to have.

Maybe find a clan with former CRA members, I think B-17 has a couple of them.

I rather not join another clan yet. I'd like to experience the game without being in a clan for now.

-I felt lost-

Exactly. Cause I was so used to being with them.

Join a clan!

Nah, Not interested in that atm.

Siorre    0

Go around the world of chernarus and RP with random people. There's always standalone aswell whic you can play and have a more survivor like RP

Seiceps the Deceiver    309

Just get on TS and talk to everyone, or join countless clans and make friends everywhere like me!

Guest LethalWoman   
Guest LethalWoman

Just get on TS and talk to everyone, or join countless clans and make friends everywhere like me!

That's scary :troll:

Risen Paul    0

I'm not sure how aware you are of the recent developments with the clan-camps, but if you feel lost in Chernarus the best way to meet new people is a travel to Solace, in my opinion!

Once you've lingered around there for a while, you might have found some ideas about which people you like and want to play with, as there is a lot of traffic going on.

Guest LethalWoman   
Guest LethalWoman

I'm not sure how aware you are of the recent developments with the clan-camps, but if you feel lost in Chernarus the best way to meet new people is a travel to Solace, in my opinion!

Once you've lingered around there for a while, you might have found some ideas about which people you like and want to play with, as there is a lot of traffic going on.

I'm not aware of it at all. Thank you I'll look into it.

Risen Paul    0

I'm not aware of it at all. Thank you I'll look into it.

You are welcome.

To tell the truth, I tend to camp in Solace at the moment and farm the perimeter for my daily needs :beans:.

That will likely change once I have enough information about the other settlement-locations to risk a journey.

kyoto    4

She's not aloud to join others! She is stuck with CRA5eva :P

Wunsleh    10

I've personally had the feeling that once I joined my first clan I could never go lone wolf again. being with teammates is too much fun ;)

Guest LethalWoman   
Guest LethalWoman

I've personally had the feeling that once I joined my first clan I could never go lone wolf again. being with teammates is too much fun ;)

True, but I never experienced it without having teammates, so I just want to know how thats like.

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

-I understand this fully :(-

Sadly I have got to this point also, I decided to open BVW in an attempt to spark enjoyment but after the comment Rolle made on the first page it kinda made me feel as if its dead in the water already. I loved RP while in CRA they were my friends and I miss a lot of them that have 'Moved' away from the group. I have felt the repercussions of the closure of CRA so badly I find it hard to even contemplating playing RP at all. I aired a lot of frustration with Rampage last night but if anything it made me realize how much I missed the CRA and how much I contributed to the closure. I want RP to be how it used to but CRA is done forever and that makes me think that I am.

Guest LethalWoman   
Guest LethalWoman

Sadly I have got to this point also, I decided to open BVW in an attempt to spark enjoyment but after the comment Rolle made on the first page it kinda made me feel as if its dead in the water already. I loved RP while in CRA they were my friends and I miss a lot of them that have 'Moved' away from the group. I have felt the repercussions of the closure of CRA so badly I find it hard to even contemplating playing RP at all. I aired a lot of frustration Rampage last night but if anything it made me realize how much I missed the CRA and how much I contributed to the closure. I want RP to be how it used to but CRA is done forever and that makes me think that I am.

Look, I just needed some advice.. you need dr, phil :troll:

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

Look, I just needed some advice.. you need dr, phil :troll:

Motherfudger PLS, Why you gotta be so mean all the time :P

Risen Paul    0

I know that the clan-life can be great.

On the other side I've never been a member of an DayZRP-group and can't complain about the fun so far.

I'm always trying to meet new people, but at the same time I didn't find a band my character would fully fit in.

So while clans are definitely important for the game, my play happens with the leading question 'how can I unfold my skills best' - the answer is: go along with survivor-crowds and become a lone wolf again when you have enough of that :vampire:.

kyoto    4

Sadly I have got to this point also, I decided to open BVW in an attempt to spark enjoyment but after the comment Rolle made on the first page it kinda made me feel as if its dead in the water already. I loved RP while in CRA they were my friends and I miss a lot of them that have 'Moved' away from the group. I have felt the repercussions of the closure of CRA so badly I find it hard to even contemplating playing RP at all. I aired a lot of frustration Rampage last night but if anything it made me realize how much I missed the CRA and how much I contributed to the closure. I want RP to be how it used to but CRA is done forever and that makes me think that I am.

Pretty much this

I have joined some other clans in attempt to have as much fun as I did in CRA. It's just not there though. We can only blame ourselves for what has happened to the clan though. At the end of the day CRA isn't coming back and we will just have to deal with it.

-Back on topic-

Lethal just go around by yourself roaming with people you meet on the way. This is how I started and enjoyed it a lot. Try visiting Solase or other highly populated areas to see if you can get more rp as stated above by others.