Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:05

Sign in to follow this  
SafeString

Time to brain strom about rules for SA

Lets have a brain storming session people that play SA on what the rules should be I will add the best idea's below (this is to help the Admin with the rule process):

Cheating (copied and pasted)

Definition

DayZRP has a zero tolerance policy for cheating, exploiting or any attempt thereof. Anyone caught using third-party modifications that give you an advantage over other players will be permanently banned without a possibility to appeal the punishment.

Examples and extras

If you know someone who is using third-party modifications and you do not inform the admins you may be banned along with that person for harbouring a cheater.

Placing tents or stashes underwater, in rocks, buildings or in any other normally not accessible or possible locations is considered an exploit.

What NOT to do

Do NOT post reports about cheaters publicly. If you see someone or suspect someone cheating please contact a GM or an Admin personally as soon as possible.

I personally think all groups should be "Dynamic" IE no sharing of KOS across the map however you can still have a group thread and all that lovely stuff and be identified as part of said group in game but if you're not at the situation IE within the same area for example you are not considered as part of the "group" in terms of KOS.

Unless a use of a walkie talkie is used to tell near by friends

Eh, I feel the same about cannibal RP as I do zombie RP. You let it out IC, I am shooting you as a direct threat to my life. If that's a violation of the KOS rule, so be it.

I don't see it any other way. Hopefully you guys will be tactful about it, and your 'victims' will not know until it's to late. But, I do not think you should be against a bullet to the head if someone figures it out through the RP. It should be considered hostile.

Special Rules For SA

Rule 1

I personally think all groups should be "Dynamic" IE no sharing of KOS across the map however you can still have a group thread and all that lovely stuff and be identified as part of said group in game but if you're not at the situation IE within the same area for example you are not considered as part of the "group" in terms of KOS.

Or maybe with that rule you would have to communicate in-game to pass KOS rights. It could make walkie talkies useful.

Alpha22' pid='875138' dateline='1415027544']

Or maybe with that rule you would have to communicate in-game to pass KOS rights. It could make walkie talkies useful.

Like a walkies talkie ?

Thats sort of what I mean if you're out of a certain range theres no way you can really justify being involved sort of thing so therefore you arent.

Thats sort of what I mean if you're out of a certain range theres no way you can really justify being involved sort of thing so therefore you arent.

Ya, I don't know the range on the walkie talkie, but if a buddy calls on the WT for help then I'd say you should be able to help.

Tamaster92    14
Alpha22' pid='875157' dateline='1415028175']

Ya, I don't know the range on the walkie talkie, but if a buddy calls on the WT for help then I'd say you should be able to help.

1Km but at that range the distortion makes its pretty much useless

Am i right in saying that they dont work at the moment? Someone told me they put a battery in one and it did nothing.

Tamaster92    14

Am i right in saying that they dont work at the moment? Someone told me they put a battery in one and it did nothing.

sadly yes :(

they worked so well before too, I dunno what happened

they worked so well before too, I dunno what happened

Maybe they'll work again in .50 i would love the ability to drop in on some peoples conversations if they were actually using them in game sounds amazing.

Clammy    0

Walkie Talkie idea is good, but its broken. You put the battery in and you cant change from direct to walkie by pressing . or , it just stays on direct

Grihm    16

I support the idea of having very hostile roleplaying being treated as a possible lifethreatening situation. As such, you can defend yourself with deadly force if needed. The initiators need to be a bit careful and precise.

Smith    1

I agree with the sentiment that if someone reveals to me that they're a cannibal, that's a direct threat to me, as RP-wise I wouldn't want to get fucking eaten. So revealing you're a cannibal and wish to eat me is, in my eyes, an initiation of sorts. Of course it would be stupid to admit it if I'm not already subdued but if you ARE that stupid to admit it prematurely then I'm gonna shoot you and get the fuck outta there.

I'd like to elaborate on this. If the radios do not work, all IC information on TS must be said in both TS and in game. Even if you whisper on the radio, someone will hear it. Now I don't mean to transmit your OOC chatter about bewbs, and your drug habit, but anything about kos, positions, anything about IC knowledge must be transmitted. If you are caught not doing so, BadRP ban.

Dougie    23

I agree with the sentiment that if someone reveals to me that they're a cannibal, that's a direct threat to me, as RP-wise I wouldn't want to get fucking eaten. So revealing you're a cannibal and wish to eat me is, in my eyes, an initiation of sorts. Of course it would be stupid to admit it if I'm not already subdued but if you ARE that stupid to admit it prematurely then I'm gonna shoot you and get the fuck outta there.

Personally I wouldn't shoot the guy. Sure in real life you wouldn't hang around with a guy that wants to eat you but if the guy is giving me some good roleplay I would most likely take him hostage. Some interesting role play could come from that, maybe you two have a chat about why he eats other people or something along those lines. I'd prefer to role play rather than just shoot the guy even if it doesn't make the most IC sense. That's a great story to tell a campfire later on and hopefully the cannibal you capture provides you with some enjoyable role play.

Hex    31

On the note of groups sharing KoS rights, I think the solution can be much simpler: If a group ( official clan/group of random civilians working closely together ) gets KoS or gets KoS rights on themselves for another individual or group, KoS rights can only be given to those directly involved or within 1k for clans.

This pretty much means you wont have 1 guy in a group getting initiated on and then 4000 of his clan coming with KoS rights, it enforces people to stay together to a degree.

Smith    1

-snip-

-snip-

Hmm, that is definitely a good point, and i'm always for RP over ruleplay. In terms of my character though, the thought of taking someone captive isn't going to really cross his mind - not that killing someone would, either. But in stressful situations where my life would be at risk, my immediate reaction is fight or flight, and probably fight then flight.

But it's something to think about, thanks for the reply.

Dougie    23

Hmm, that is definitely a good point, and i'm always for RP over ruleplay. In terms of my character though, the thought of taking someone captive isn't going to really cross his mind - not that killing someone would, either. But in stressful situations where my life would be at risk, my immediate reaction is fight or flight, and probably fight then flight.

But it's something to think about, thanks for the reply.

That's a good point as well, my character isn't to the point where he would willingly kill someone and I would think that taking them captive and releasing them alive. I guess it somewhat boils down to what your character would do in the situation as long as you aren't breaking any rules obviously. But roleplay > rule play as always.

Grihm    16

About rules etc, is there any form of "almost done" or something set already in any form?

This goes for lore as well. A bit stale to meet people that are on the left in their first days and the other one has lived in this for a few years O_o