Server time: 2017-08-22, 18:51

Sign in to follow this  
Grihm

DayZRP SA Canibalism aspect.

Grihm    16

There seems to be some interest into playing a Canibal, or close to that if im not mistaken. If not, then im fairly sure someone will think about doing it down the line.

My thoughts here though is that something as playing a Canibal should carry with it a level of consequence, part from the obvious one of most likely being either feared or shot dead, and that is the medical outcome of it.

In short, can a player consume human flesh without having to risk Kuru or some form of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease?

If you cook the meat correctly I don't see why you would get a disease.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's only when you eat raw human meat that it can get you sick.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

im sure any raw meat will get you sick

human meat, if eaten in a correct way

(only very little, then slowly work your way up on how much you eat)

you should be fine, physically

physiologically, no, but that won't really effect your health ig

Personally if i meet a cannibal IG and I know he is one. I will shoot and kill as he is a risk to my life.

but I would do it in a RP way not just KOS

Personally if i meet a cannibal IG and I know he is one. I will shoot and kill as he is a risk to my life.

Im tempted to say i kinda agree but at the same time I dont it depends what kind of cannibal they are I see a lot of people play them "wrong" in a sense that all they think about is chopping up other humans and eating them which simply isnt even close to what a real cannibal is like most cannibals that come out about it in real life are not malicious bloodthirsty eaters of other humans they were simply curious at one point.

they dont get a hard on and starting dribbling on themselves as they lick their lips and such just by looking at another human and thinking about the taste of him/her which is what a lot of the cannibal players seem to do here....

If they play like that then I aint taking any chances. if they just happened to eat another human because they absolutely had to id probably be disgusted but i doubt id kill him there and then.

Im tempted to say i kinda agree but at the same time I dont it depends what kind of cannibal they are I see a lot of people play them "wrong" in a sense that all they think about is chopping up other humans and eating them which simply isnt even close to what a real cannibal is like most cannibals that come out about it in real life are not malicious bloodthirsty eaters of other humans they were simply curious at one point.

they dont get a hard on just by looking at another human and thinkign about the taste of him/her which is what a lot of the cannibal players seem to do here....

I talking about the bandit kind of cannibal which they treat humans like cattle.

I talking about the bandit kind of cannibal which they treat humans like cattle.

Yeah I know I said at the end if they were that type I wouldnt take any chances either id do the same.

Cedrea    1

For text roleplayers it's kind of hard to deal with this kind of situations(my opinion at least) because if we would want to initiate, it would be slow and would most likely end up in our death.

So.. pretty much.. hide.

As I feel this is directed at Alphas, I will respond.

I want to re-assure you all that we give out RP to the best of our abilities and want to make it enjoyable for the victim aswell as us. We don't go round robbing anyone we see, we stalk then pick on lone survivors who cannot be helped. We'll either make ourselves known first then initiate or initiate from cover and then surround him/her when they've complied. We'll then go on to do a long session of RP and portray our characters.

To people who we don't initiate on, we'll creep them out and talk between ourselves as if the person wasn't there. They'd be confused and may have a hint about what we're on about but the uncertainty lingers about and scares them. We will not be an immediate threat to anyone, mostly that's because of the rules - We can't just stab someone straight up without any KOS rights.

I understand that ICly you feel that we're a threat, and that is because we are in a way. However, I don't feel that you should just shoot us on sight. There's no RP in that and it ruins it for us, we've all been complimented on our RP so it must mean that we're doing something good.

Hope this helped understand how Alphas work and have a good day :)

Grihm    16

I have a suggestion that will include aspects such as playing as a canibal. Will post that later on in a thread of it´s own, but in short, i feel that if you play as a canibal, then you should be forced to be prepared to be shot on sight more or less.

EDIT after Hatch´s post.

No i wont shoot you, but IC, i would shoot you dead on sight the second i heard about any form of canibalism. Problem if i do that is that i will probably be punished for it since canibalism will be in essence a form of initiation.

As I feel this is directed at Alphas, I will respond.

I want to re-assure you all that we give out RP to the best of our abilities and want to make it enjoyable for the victim aswell as us. We don't go round robbing anyone we see, we stalk then pick on lone survivors who cannot be helped. We'll either make ourselves known first then initiate or initiate from cover and then surround him/her when they've complied. We'll then go on to do a long session of RP and portray our characters.

To people who we don't initiate on, we'll creep them out and talk between ourselves as if the person wasn't there. They'd be confused and may have a hint about what we're on about but the uncertainty lingers about and scares them. We will not be an immediate threat to anyone, mostly that's because of the rules - We can't just stab someone straight up without any KOS rights.

I understand that ICly you feel that we're a threat, and that is because we are in a way. However, I don't feel that you should just shoot us on sight. There's no RP in that and it ruins it for us, we've all been complimented on our RP so it must mean that we're doing something good.

Hope this helped understand how Alphas work and have a good day :)

No what I was saying is that we should be given the option to execute with RP and cannibal as they are a lot more then just alpha doing it.

I have a suggestion that will include aspects such as playing as a canibal. Will post that later on in a thread of it´s own, but in short, i feel that if you play as a canibal, then you should be forced to be prepared to be shot on sight more or less.

Not much RP in that tbh

we'll creep them out and talk between ourselves as if the person wasn't there. They'd be confused and may have a hint about what we're on about but the uncertainty lingers about and scares them.

thats sort of the thing for me really if you're going to follow me and talk between each other about how you're going to cut me up and eat me then yeah i can understand why people would shoot you if they heard that.

Also to be fair id be interested to know why you would stalk and eat another human just cuz as I said earlier cannibals dont exclusively eat humans they still eat other things too they just partake in it from time to time.

we'll creep them out and talk between ourselves as if the person wasn't there. They'd be confused and may have a hint about what we're on about but the uncertainty lingers about and scares them.

thats sort of the thing for me really if you're going to follow me and talk between each other about how you're going to cut me up and eat me then yeah i can understand why people would shoot you if they heard that.

Also to be fair id be interested to know why you would stalk and eat another human just cuz as I said earlier cannibals dont exclusively eat humans they just partake in it from time to time.

We don't just go up to someone and say to ourselves "Lets eat this guy" we'll go around it and not directly mention it. We don't always eat someone, we'll just take abit from time to time.

Grihm    16

Not much RP in that tbh

How is it that every single threat to your life has a demand to it for counterpart rp?

If i shoot at you, do you rp against me? No you would probably shoot back the second i fired my rifle, right?

Potato potato perhaps, but canibalism is not like stealing some random persons chilinuts. You are about to become food. I would place a 9mm center mass and be gone in no time at all.

Cedrea    1

Also to be fair id be interested to know why you would stalk and eat another human just cuz as I said earlier cannibals dont exclusively eat humans they just partake in it from time to time.

IC informations: From what I managed to gather about the Alphas, they used to eat zombies(really? or is it just false information?) and after a while they got bored of the taste and moved on to humans.

These are things I've heard in-game, so I suppose they are not real but if they actually are, then the whole group is not eating human flesh because they are forced to but instead because they like(?) it.

We don't just go up to someone and say to ourselves "Lets eat this guy" we'll go around it and not directly mention it. We don't always eat someone, we'll just take abit from time to time.

Well yeah I imagine you indirectly hint at it the above was just an example that if they clock on to what you are hinting at or they do overhear you say something as obvious as "i wonder what he would taste like" or something along those lines I can see why people would shoot at you for it it makes perfect sense to me to eliminate an obvious threat as you clock on to it I personally wouldnt I would run because thats my character but at the same time if your gonna sit there salivating over what my IC wife might taste like then yeah id probably put you down fairly quickly as it makes sense to from my perspective.

Reedyy    0

As i agree with hatch we are the only cannibals so this feels like it is directed at us.

When you meet us in-game we will obviously creep you the fuck out, that's the point, if you get initiated on and comply, i personally guarantee that my members will give you RP that's worth while instead of the current "run that way" that has come back to RP on SA.

If you do not comply, that's your own problem, do not go and cry when you call bad rp because we initiated, do you expect us to kindly ask you if we can lend a leg? cannibals cannot be friendly.

I wouldn't compare a cannibal to a bandit, we have completely different reasons, you should look into the Alphas and see how we have developed our story to fit such a weird personality.

Thanks for your interest in cannibalism though ;D!

IC informations: From what I managed to gather about the Alphas, they used to eat zombies(really? or is it just false information?) and after a while they got bored of the taste and moved on to humans.

These are things I've heard in-game, so I suppose they are not real but if they actually are, then the whole group is not eating human flesh because they are forced to but instead because they like(?) it.

We used to just scavenge supplies but since there has been an increase of people in the area due to the infection hitting, we cannot find barely any supplies, so we moved onto animals, this worked for a while until zombies started growing in speed and smartness and managed to begin eating the animals and chasing them, the next thing was going back to eating scavenged supplies, but not the exact supplies, more the vitamins and nutrition found inside the food that is now inside the human ;).

TL;DR: YOU HAVE AS MUCH AS A REASON TO PUT DOWN A NORMAL PLAYER THAN US.

As i agree with hatch we are the only cannibals so this feels like it is directed at us.

When you meet us in-game we will obviously creep you the fuck out, that's the point, if you get initiated on and comply, i personally guarantee that my members will give you RP that's worth while instead of the current "run that way" that has come back to RP on SA.

If you do not comply, that's your own problem, do not go and cry when you call bad rp because we initiated, do you expect us to kindly ask you if we can lend a leg? cannibals cannot be friendly.

I wouldn't compare a cannibal to a bandit, we have completely different reasons, you should look into the Alphas and see how we have developed our story to fit such a weird personality.

We used to just scavenge supplies but since there has been an increase of people in the area due to the infection hitting, we cannot find barely any supplies, so we moved onto animals, this worked for a while until zombies started growing in speed and smartness and managed to begin eating the animals and chasing them, the next thing was going back to eating scavenged supplies, but not the exact supplies, more the vitamins and nutrition found inside the food that is now inside the human ;).

This is a cannibals in general thought. Not the normal type of conbals like tribes do no a days but ones that hunt humans. If you know that there a canibal hunting you what do you expect the survivor to do ?

Murdercool    32

EDIT after Hatch´s post.

No i wont shoot you, but IC, i would shoot you dead on sight the second i heard about any form of canibalism. Problem if i do that is that i will probably be punished for it since canibalism will be in essence a form of initiation.

The thing is, they are still living breathing human beings. You're going to put down a life just like that are you? My character recently met a cannibal (Hatch) we didn't actually know he was a cannibal but he told us he enjoys killing people slowly. My friends and I had a long argument to whether we should kill him and my character was completely against it. As if you think about it, it wouldn't be easy however fucked up they are. I know later on in my character's development he will regret not killing every cannibal he sees, but if we're role-playing as the start of the apocalypse it would be very very hard to just end a human life like that, no matter what they do.

Reedyy    0

This is a cannibals in general thought. Not the normal type of conbals like tribes do no a days but ones that hunt humans. If you know that there a canibal hunting you what do you expect the survivor to do ?

I feel more scared stood next to someone i know is a bandit than a cannibal as i would prefer RP over Gear Robbery.

I feel more scared stood next to someone i know is a bandit than a cannibal as i would prefer RP over Gear Robbery.

Why? Id rather get robbed of meaningless possessions than have parts of me cut off and eaten in front of me.

but if we're role-playing as the start of the apocalypse it would be very very hard to just end a human life like that, no matter what they do.

This is the thing if its the start of the apocalypse you wouldnt resort to eating people that fast either but from my perspective IC if its me or him he can go first.

Cedrea    1

Why? Id rather get robbed of meaningless possessions than have parts of me cut off and eaten in front of me.

but if we're role-playing as the start of the apocalypse it would be very very hard to just end a human life like that, no matter what they do.

This is the thing if its the start of the apocalypse you wouldnt resort to eating people that fast either but from my perspective IC if its me or him he can go first.

From what I know they at least ask you OOC before removing parts of your character.

It's a stereotype to show cannibals eating everyone. No, cannibals are people who agree that they will eat someone if they have no other choice. You're character would have to be pretty fucked up to think cannibilism is a good thing. Most cannibals(I have actually met one since I took Law class and we went to jails) That they are doing it to taste what it is like or if they live up in the mountains, to survive. They will not eat(unless necesarry) or talk about eating someone unless you're an insane fuck with no soul. and since a lot of people are using the month into infection template, how would one person resort to it so quickly without being one before the outbreak?

Doc    3

they dont get a hard on and starting dribbling on themselves as they lick their lips and such just by looking at another human and thinking about the taste of him/her which is what a lot of the cannibal players seem to do here....

If they play like that then I aint taking any chances. if they just happened to eat another human because they absolutely had to id probably be disgusted but i doubt id kill him there and then.

I agree with Valkerion. Most real cannibals have been forced to do so and don't enjoy it. Also, if option one is chosen, then people wouldn't just go cannibal after 2 weeks.