Server time: 2017-10-22, 11:56
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Oldman

seperate rules?

Oldman    22

Are there going to be seperate rules that will be put in place just for standalone?

I ask this, because I have some concerns with some game mechanics in the game.

example:

If someone robs me I can grab some alcohol tincture or desinfectant spray and scroll and click force feed. Then there is nothing he can do about it if he does not have ninja reflexes to move away from him. You could argue that you can shoot him if he grabs a bottle in his hands or handcuffs or just simply raises his hands quick. You can knock out people pretty easy and quick with fists if you time it right.

For the sake of RP I hope no one actually tries to do that and so far I have not been robbing people so I don't know if people will be using these tactics or not so I was wondering if people have tried this on you?

Another example would be that if I am with just one other guy I can grab handcuffs and just handcuff him pretty easy in a dull moment where he does not pay attention. In real life he would automaticly struggle against it. It seems a bit powergamish to handcuff someone if he is not disarmed yet.

What is your opinion about this and has this happend to you?

Valkerion    0

Well the handcuffs and stuff dont work unless they are actually stood still if they move a single step it fails also the animation and the sound is very obvious then you will have to deal with those consequences of trying that.

However this is already a rule really kind of the same how you can just open someones backpack from their front without them noticing on the mod it falls under abuse of game mechanics and bad RP however if done right I see no problem.

Hatch    0

Seems kinda NVFL and power gaming if it doesn't work. I suppose you could do it in a RL scenario but it's a very low chance of working, mostly due to you couldn't just pull a bottle of alcohol from your nipple and kill a guy.

Just got to think of the common sense rule

Valkerion    0

Seems kinda NVFL and power gaming if it doesn't work.

Depends really if they are silly enough to leave you with a pair of handcuffs or even a gun down your pants since such a thing is possible in the SA if they neglect to check your trousers or shirt etc. then surely its their own fault if you pull it out when they have their back turned and get themselves handcuffed, shot or whatever.

I know someone from TOR did it the other day he was told to drop his weapon and vest which he did yet they neglected to check he still had an mp5 down his trousers and low and behold he got out the mp5 when he wasnt looking and that was his bandit days done :P

Mikachu    26

IMO there will need to be separate rules for SA due to changed mechanics.

none of the current group rules would work at all for example

radio rules won't work

so on and so forth

Oldman    22

I can see pulling a side arm from your ass is legit, since once the gun is noticed it is game on, but an alcohol tincture(not sure if right name) is harder to spot. On the other hand there are some counter meassures like making them have there hands up all the time until you looked trough everything.

Lets just say that grabbing an item that can directly harm is legit, but force feeding sound a bit stupid if not rp'ed out correctly. I always force feed Fackmos red berries for the lols and it seemed very easy to do.

Rolle    2968

Of course, in due time we will have separate rules :)