Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:56

Sign in to follow this  
Misty

What kind of PCB's would you like to see?

As the title says, I was wondering what kind of PCB's the community would like to see on the DayzRP server. And I don't mean how you want them to look like, but more what kind of purpose you want them to have. If you think there shouldn't be any more PCB's added, for whatever reason, feel free to post here aswell.

I made this thread because I have been playing with the editor a lot and would really like to put my ideas/concepts into something real. But to actually have a useful PCB that adds to roleplay and immersion, I would like to hear your opinions and ideas.

Some concepts I was working on include derailed trains, small survivors camps on top of a gas station, and a ruin of an old castle or cathedral.

Let me know what you think what future PCB's should be all about and your wishes, if you have any?

Owen    13

An old over run FOB set up to try and combat the infection in Chernarus but it would now be an empty place which is dangerous to visit. Maybe located in a field somewhere in the map as it was the safest place to set up due to towns being infected.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

The Kabaninino radio station, but slightly destroyed after all the battles fought around it.

#cutforradiostation

WarMachine    11

The Kabaninino radio station, but slightly destroyed after all the battles fought around it.

#cutforradiostation

I wouldn't mind this, +1 makes good roleplay sense.

An old over run FOB set up to try and combat the infection in Chernarus but it would now be an empty place which is dangerous to visit. Maybe located in a field somewhere in the map as it was the safest place to set up due to towns being infected.

I like your idea. One of my little projects is an old ruin of a church/religious area from the late medieval ages. It would have been like a tourist site, like the castles in Chernarus, but with parking spots etc for visitors. Then, after the apocalypse, survivors took shelter in this old church ruins and reinforced it to protect it against zombies and what not. I think I will try and merge your idea into this, making it an abandoned site where signs of the fight against the zeds are still visible, where they tried to combat the infection and got run over..

A good looking scrapyard.

Hmm Daniel once made a large settlement project that was a scrapyard. If I remember correct, there was a lot of small paths,moving up, over and under car wrecks to enter the core of the settlement. Might try something like this, but then a little bit smaller to stick within PCB guidelines. I'm thinking about a small scrapyard, with a lot of ways to get into, maybe some kind of maze can be created with car wrecks on top of each other.. And then a reward in terms of a safe place to sleep overnight, safe from zeds and bandits. Thanks for your thoughts.

That is a really good idea whaz xD I'm guessing it would be best if the fuel tank finally exploded for real this time, not coming back every restart. And then maybe signs of battle, some kind of unwritten story that is told when you see and walk through the ruins of radio station.. All my yes! I will try to see what I can do with this idea. Good one!

Thanks so far for sharing your thoughts guys, I hope more people will post and give their opinion on what kind of PCBs, and their purpose maybe, they would like to see in Chernarus. Feel free to post your thoughts, ideas, wishes on future PCBs!

Anyone else want to share their opinions on PCBs and what they'd like to see in the future?

(If you're negative about PCBs feel free to post aswell ;) )

Risen Paul    0

I know it's probably not going to happen, however I would like to see more movable items in the style they are on wasteland- or some dayZ-servers.

I've always had a lot of fun with active base-building and defending it against enemy forces, zeds or both.

I understand it would increase the lags, isn't appropriate to the game play etc.

Still, if you are interested and if it's technically possible you might try to design a PCB-area in which parts, for example fences to close of accesses between courtyards, can temporary be modified in fights against walkers, even if only during events.

Igi    4

I know it's probably not going to happen, however I would like to see more movable items in the style they are on wasteland- or some dayZ-servers.

I've always had a lot of fun with active base-building and defending it against enemy forces, zeds or both.

I understand it would increase the lags, isn't appropriate to the game play etc.

Still, if you are interested and if it's technically possible you might try to design a PCB-area in which parts, for example fences to close of accesses between courtyards, can temporary be modified in fights against walkers, even if only during events.

You should try building some fences/gates/buildings sometime ;P

Risen Paul    0

You should try building some fences/gates/buildings sometime ;P

I have a faint idea that this is already possible, but before I have all the needed parts together, I might be robbed, killed, or I've forgotten what I've wanted to do :thinking:.

Whereas on other servers you fill up your vehicle with stuff you find along the road and barricade yourself in a barn.

I'm not saying it's needed for dayZRP, although some funny situations might result out of it, especially in events.

A military training facility.

A plane-graveyard to make up for all the background stories

:troll:

Yeah, I think the coast would be the perfect place for that, somewhere next to all the shipwrecks people used to arrive in Chernarus :P

Hahah!

On a serious note, I think it would be pretty good though and could promote some nice RP!

+1

I would like to see Prud lake back as it was in may 2013 without any CRs! Just a casual camp where people go to hang out without anyone being able to boss around.

Oldman    22

would love to see clans making their own bases and maby have some different buildings to place down. Hope clans can use their bases for their roleplay.