Server time: 2017-10-21, 03:23
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Risen Paul

Official in-game-notice when entering/leaving camp-boundaries

Risen Paul    0

I've seen way too many reports regarding conflicts around group-settlements like Solace, where it looks like the survivors having problems to recognize if they are within or outside the camp-boundaries.

Therefore I'm wondering if it might be possible to install an automatic in-game-message when one enters or leaves said borders.

We've already had a similar system for the Trade Post, so could it also work for the camps?

Conor    254

No.

I wouldn't want to see this because to me - it would give the impression of some sort of bubble/ safe zone.

If you cannot tell if you are within the 100m radius from the walls, then don't commit hostilities.

Risen Paul    0

Ok, I respect that opinion. My idea primarily results out of the feeling, that there is a certain chaos going on with the camps. It's beyond me why people even are fighting, complaining about the residents (and trolling) over there, while they have the whole country of Chernarus for that, which is 225 km² in size (according to wiki).

Mikachu    26

This was planned but I don't know why it never happened. From a dev POV it's EzPz

IAmJackBandit    80

Yeah I can see this being abused as when the TP was in it was abused...

Mikachu    26

Yeah I can see this being abused as when the TP was in it was abused...

How would it be abused? It isn't a safe zone just letting you know you are entering the camp

I don't agree here. It does give too much of a sense of a safe zone or bubble even though we know its not and I can see abuse of the boundary. People not knowing just how far they are and exactly the danger they could be getting themselves into gives more reason for them think twice about their actions and behaviour around a settlement.

Risen Paul    0

So what about this idea then: To use the example, there are already zombie-spawns in the woods around Solace. Would it be possible to increase the number of infected, to build a wall of steady swarming creatures against the settlements, but maybe make them a bit slower and more harmless? That way survivors would be more occupied with finding ways through the masses etcetera, while the camps would remain relatively safe places.

Lil_Beefy    0

I believe even that would create a lot of lag (considering the amount of lag that pursues during a horde event) so I'm not sure if a large wall of zeds surrounding a settlement would work either.

Risen Paul    0

I believe even that would create a lot of lag (considering the amount of lag that pursues during a horde event) so I'm not sure if a large wall of zeds surrounding a settlement would work either.

I've seen DayZRP-event-videos in which huge zombie-hordes were charging literally for hours and all seemed to work out good enough.

While my idea might not be realizable during the current fine tuning of the server, I still would like to experience it one day.

I mean, that wouldn't be exactly like you meet Bambi in the woods, wouldn't it ;)?