Server time: 2017-08-20, 21:14

Sign in to follow this  
Dishes

"Shuddering Angels"~ Cassidy's Story (After Deployment) Part - 1

Dishes    159

Shuddering Angels

“Alright ladies, git’ your thumbs outta your asses and get your gear secured!”

The Lieutenant shouted over the chopping rotors and the hum of the Osprey’s engine, accompanied with the sounds of turbulence that fought with the metal bird as it flew through the sky towards our destination. There were thirteen of us in the squad in the Osprey and we had already been briefed on our mission; land in Elektrozavodsk and basically run crowd control. The civies were panicking and there was rioting in the streets as waves of people crowded the docks, trying to break quarantine, and we are to stop that from happening.

I shifted in my seat, suddenly noticeably colder than it had seemed several minutes ago. I slowly pulled my M4 up into my lap, looking it over, gently brushing my hand over the foregrip before sighing and lowering the buttstock back to the ground between my legs. I still thought it was pretty odd that brass was sending us out to do this, us, not even out of basic yet and we were being sent on mission. Was it desperation, or just plain ignorance. That question jarred around in my head as the final silent moments filled the aircraft before Lieutenant Ruckard spoke up again.

“Alrighty ladies! We’re nearing our LZ! Your shit better be in line before touchdown or so help me I will NOT hesitate to throw you face first of this god forsaken bird, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!?”

“YES LIEUTENANT!” We all shouted.

I flicked a stick of gum into my mouth, the our berry taste filling my mouth before I flicked the empty wrapper onto the metal floor and pulled my gloves on. I pulled back my red shorter hair and tied it back so it wouldn't fall infront of my eyes… obviously that would be bad if I were in the middle of fighting someone. I then moved my hands down to my tactical vest, pulling it up a little and shifting my body a bit under it, adjusting my breasts beneath it. These vests were not the most comfortable of things to be squeezing your chest, but I kinda got used to it after a while. I grabbed my canteen and unscrewed the cap, taking a quick swig of the substance inside that burned as it washed down my throat, said substance being smuggled in by my friend, who will remain nameless for security reasons.

I felt the sudden thud and jolt of the aircraft as everyone inside rocked forwards as the Osprey landed.

“Touchdown!” Shouted the Lieutenant. I quickly put my helmet on my head as I stood up, fastening the straps under my chin and checking that my rifle was secure before looking forward. The back of the Osprey was dark, only lit by the beams of light through the porthole windows on the sides and the bright green light towards the back of the aircraft.

The whining of mechanics sounded through the bird as the ramp in the back of the Osprey began to lower, the beams of light shining in as the ramp lowered, penetrating the darkness within the Osprey.

“Establish a perimeter around the docks of Electro, keep all civies from leaving…. at any cost… virtute honos! Let’s go Raiders!” The Lieutenant shouted before turning and charging over the ramp that had just finished it’s movements, flooding the back of the metal bird with light which the Lieutenant vanished into. We followed him into the light, charging off the Osprey and into the light.

I squinted, the world was so bright and it took a few moments for my eyes to adjust to the light, slowly revealing the foreign world around me. The first thing I noticed, over the beating of my own heart, was the clouds, broken white clouds blanketing the summer skies, the sun sending beams of it’s heavenly light through the clouds that gave the illusion of a spotlight shining from the angels of heaven down to our world… but the world below such heavenly light, would surely make those angels shudder. Pillars of smoke were scattered across the horizon, jets soaring through the skies in battle formations, and helicopters roaring overhead. I followed my squad, running through the fields where cattle used to graze where we had landed, now lying dead beside us as we stormed towards Electro.

We could hear the chaos of Electro from here, engines screeching to a halt, honking, shouting in crowds, glass breaking, I gulped, and accidentally swallowed my gum.

We hopped over a fence, running over a dirt path and past the first set of houses of Electro, making our way towards what looked to be a fire station, rendered powerless by the fires that were engulfing the nation of Chernarus. I must have been pretty zoned out because I soon felt Lisa’s hand shoving my shoulder.

“Cass, you alright?” She asked as she ran beside me. I blinked a couple times as I looked over at her, then chuckled and nodded. Lisa was perhaps one of my best friends in our company, she was also one of the other few women in our company.

“Y-yeah, fuck must’ah spaced out there for a sec.”

“Well you better snap outta it, we got a mission to do!” Lisa chuckled. I just rolled my eyes.

“Liss, it’s just a stupid ol’ crowd control mission, like they said, it’s nothing to get worked up about.” I stated before we finally made our way over one of the main roads of the city. Traffic was at a complete stand still. Abandoned vehicles were more common than occupied ones, accidents scattered down the road, causing natural roadblocks, glass, clothing, suitcases littered the streets that must had been left by panicking civilians as they fled for safety. The sudden sound of glass shattering caught my attention and I looked to my left, past Lisa and towards a shop where a group of three men were running from a shop with what looked like TV’s under their arms… looters.

As we made our way up a small hill, we soon came in view of the docks. We all stopped for a moment, perhaps to survey the area first, but for most of us, including me, it was to stare at what we were about to run into. Hundreds, thousands of panicking people flooded the docks, rioting was already ensuing through the crowds, women and children screaming as molotov cocktails flew threw the air, masked men ran threw the streets, people being beat half to death by others for God knows what reasons, and people jumping into the ocean, attempting to swim to freedom… the erupting rifle shots from soldiers already in the area quickly followed, and blood filled the sea. I slowly found my gaze rising the the sky, looking towards the fading beams of light in the sky, then towards the shadow that seemed to have fallen over the West.

Dishes    159

Okay so I totally wrote this thing at like 2 in the morning after I got home from a long day at work, so it really isn't the best, please keep that in mind >.

Heroz_Nick    21

Hmm this is really interesting good use of terminology, be looking forward to hear more ^_^ 2am not bad haha

[bumping for victory]

Dishes    159

Hmm this is really interesting good use of terminology, be looking forward to hear more ^_^ 2am not bad haha

[bumping for victory]

Thanks! :D There is a lot more I could have done but like, again, was super tired and I guess I may not have noticed it but like, ohmygersh I wanna add to it now that i'm awake lol

Heroz_Nick    21

[bumping for victory]

Thanks! :D There is a lot more I could have done but like, again, was super tired and I guess I may not have noticed it but like, ohmygersh I wanna add to it now that i'm awake lol

lol Yw I'm sure it will only get better...2am sheesh only thing I'm awake for at that time is catching up on game of thrones lol

Frayzies    6

Looking forward to seeing further updates to this - I met you earlier today and it might be interesting to see what's going on in that head of hers.

its good i say! more!

Sign in to follow this