Server time: 2017-10-17, 01:52
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dreadlordfrips

Leaving due to constant in game issues.

Sadly due to many issues I have been expericing since my return I am once again leaving the DayzRP community. If this is a temporary hiatus or for good is unknown. I may return when standalone has reached its apex but for me dayzrp MOD is too broken. The favoritism clans receive in the server rules is outrageous. And I hope it does not carry over into the SA version. The mentality one faces when playing dayzrp is literally join or die when it comes to clans. You either become the bully or get bullied. The game is suppose to be about survival and RP not being in a military driving about robbing people. Since I joined a year ago I have seen a massive decrease in camp fire side RP (survivor style) and a major spike in groups who hoard weapons and supplies and when they die simply return to their camp to re arm. With the exceptions of the Hansen brothers who's RP is quite amazing I have not seen a single non clanned bunch of people who have good RP. And at the risk of sounding arrogant with my leaving I feel as though the Hansen brothers will be the only non military style RP group left on the server. Of course there will be one or two people who never join as I didnt or leave and stay clanless but its just disgusting right now. When playing the game I feel more as if I am playing a military post apocalyptic simulator then a survival RP game.

Though I had my issues with many people that's who my character was, and I think it's worth noting that. Seeing as accusations of OOC hate spread far too much now. Many say I had a governor like character who was a more silver tonged styled survivor vs someone who carried a big gun, which was true. I did enjoy my time for a while but since my return I have almost now spent more time banned than I have playing. The rules are simply to harsh for situations which don't need judgement. 65% of all reports posted are just people whining they got robbed or killed or anything really. If someone does something you don't like in dayzrp you report it. That's the mentality and it's one I cannot stand. It limits you as a player because the awesome RP you have in mind is against one of the dozens of rules that limit almost all form of player interaction. Even a hero now who would set out to help those wronged cannot, instead being forced to watch someone get robbed or murdered due to the removal of good Samaritan. A rule which was taken out due to the same thing mentioned above, whining and moaning. People going on about they got killed during a RP event and lost all there stuff to someone who wasent even involved and sailing a self pitty yacht on their own tears. Things like that limit what players can do, I mentioned this a post before but it was quickly shot down due to people being so used to having their hand held on this. If you die, deal with it, move on and start again, it's only a game.

In closing, for those I did have good experiences with I am sorry I have to go, and hope to see you again in standalone but for me the MOD has become to watered down and dull. Hope to see you all again.

-Brian Carver

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Rules are pretty fucked, you were fun to RP with, RIP.

Siorre    0

Yes.. I must agree with some of your points. But I have met plenty of people who survivor RP. I do it all the time on SA. SA is way more fun but the mod is beautiful.

Yes.. I must agree with some of your points. But I have met plenty of people who survivor RP. I do it all the time on SA. SA is way more fun but the mod is beautiful.

Very true. But the rules don't favor them at all. The survivors. We are even refereed to as civies due to the overwhelming numbers of military clans that have taken over the game.

Dougie    23

Can't agree with much that you say other than the military feel to the mod rigt now.

Anyways good luck out there.

Siorre    0

Very true. But the rules don't favor them at all. The survivors. We are even refereed to as civies due to the overwhelming numbers of military clans that have taken over the game.

I do hate being called a civi. I think we need to approve more survivor clans or less-militaristic clans

Conor    254

Regarding some of the stuff in your second paragraph:

People can make a report if they feel a rule was broken.

-If they go formal it is decided if a rule was broken or not.

-If there WAS a rule broken, the guilty are punished.

-If there is NOT a rule broken, no harm no foul.

There is no harm in making a report discussion. People can make them if they feel they have been wronged. They are - after all, discussions.

Also, the Good Samaritan exception was not removed due to whining and moaning...

It was removed due to it being incorrectly used and not working as inteneded:

[REMOVED][Rule 4] Good samaritan rule removed

This is the big one. Basically, the GS rule never worked as intended. Instead of balancing the server - giving civilians and heroes some kind of edge over bandits - it only has lead to mid-IDs, disputes over hostages safety and even more firefights. I believe that it has caused more harm than good.

When playing the game I feel more as if I am playing a military post apocalyptic simulator then a survival RP game.

DayZ is a mod for ArmA 2 which is a military simulator.

DayZ Standalone is a survival game and is vastly different and a lot better!

I have never felt like any OOC changes to the rules or any other medium have "Limited" what I can do IG.

So yeah.

deal with it, move on and start again, it's only a game.

Auf Wiedersehen.

Vaine    23

Don't think I got to RP with you myself sadly.

Take care buddy , hopefully you feel you can return at some point

HAGGLE    5

When playing the game I feel more as if I am playing a military post apocalyptic simulator then a survival RP game.

I use to feel the exact same way when I played the mod. I'm hoping the same doesn't happen with the SA. On the bright side: the mod is of Arma2, a military sim with little to no civilian items/clothing/etc.. the SA took a lot of the "military" stuff out of the game (some, not all) and have added a lot more civi stuff. So there is hope. Though, when I look at the "show us your character" thread, I see quite a bit of military already.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

I stopped playing the mod it feels like wasteland rp with zeds. 8 am hoping that Standalone feels more organic but it's just clans spawning in at the airfields kitting up.

Sure, go ahead and slate peoples RP just before you leave. No problem.

Who's RP did I Slate? I stated my opinion to what's going on. I have always felt you b-17 guys where extremely hostile to me on the forums since the incident I had with you in the hostage situation. Leave your baggage at the door. This thread was my way of saying there are issues that need addressing since most people remain silent and just trot on as usual instead of bringing them up. I am leaving because I am not one of those people. You have a clan based mainly on robbing people so maybe you don't feel it as much but survivor based RP is lacking heavy. And without survivors you will have no one really to rob. Think of that.

Take care man, I personally cannot agree with your reasons but it is however, a matter of perspective :) I never feel limited by the rules or anything like that, only my own imagination.

Samaritan    342

From what I heard you were good with your RP, it's is just a shame your character created problems. It is nothing personal.

If you have an issue with the rules and want to change things, don't leave, make a discussion thread instead and let the community comment on it. Sometimes change comes from within. You never did PM me regarding the issues with Solace/CR'ing etc. I would still like to know them. I'm always up for hearing constructive criticism.

I can see where you are coming from in regards to civs/camp fire RP. I have only ever been in one clan (FANGS) and for the first 8 months I was a civ. It does have a more 'clan war' feel to it with civs being caught in the crossfire but I think that's how things would progress in an apocalypse, I'm not saying it is right or wrong but it is how the mod has evolved. Being in a group offers protection and good internal RP but it can limit RP between other groups which in turn moves towards PvP even if unintentional. There is some awesome RP situations out there and I think it is a little harsh to say that it is all about the gear. Some of the RP, whether hostile or friendly can be amazing, you just need to accept it. There are plenty of clans and members of this community that spend hours delivering quality RP and your comments can appear disrespectful to them.

Regarding reports, I have made two in the 14 months of being in the community and I dropped both of them after discussions so you can tell what my feelings are in regards to reports. A civil TS chat can heal many things.

However it is everyone's right in this community to write a report discussion with the option to push it formal if they feel a rule has been broken. Sometimes a TS chat doesn't work and it falls to staff to make the final decision.

I wouldn't burn your bridges just yet, take some time off and return when you are ready.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Try a different char, me playing as a female, brings a whole new perspective of RP and some experiences that I wouldn't get as male RP.

Just learn that- it's a character, not you.

Your just the person controlling your characters life.

Vaine    23

Who's RP did I Slate? I stated my opinion to what's going on. I have always felt you b-17 guys where extremely hostile to me on the forums since the incident I had with you in the hostage situation. Leave your baggage at the door. This thread was my way of saying there are issues that need addressing since most people remain silent and just trot on as usual instead of bringing them up. I am leaving because I am not one of those people. You have a clan based mainly on robbing people so maybe you don't feel it as much but survivor based RP is lacking heavy. And without survivors you will have no one really to rob. Think of that.

I see what your saying here but you must also see that without bandit groups this game would of died out fast.

I won't deny that there are bandits who do follow drop weps and run off but there are some who give some cracking RP in return. My experience with b-17 is they are one of the good ones

Hatch    0

You can leave the "victim of a bigger clan" bullshit. I've never even seen you before but your post just annoyed me. You complain about alot about non-stop robbing, you then go on to say how only one group is "the only good RP on the server" when actually there is plenty of great clans left out there, where every day they are congratulated on their RP. If you don't see it then perhaps you should just leave without making a post to get a last jab at bandits.

Also, B-17 isn't a clan based on robbing people. As you can see we've begun to make a settlement that "survivors" can come to and RP at. I don't log on and the first thing I think is to rob someone, I search for RP and I receive good RP on daily basis. Your original post is full of comments that make you seem so far up your own arse that it's unbelievable. So before you start making comments on clans and how it's affecting your RP, just leave and stop making petty jabs at people who play the game slightly differently from you.

You can leave the "victim of a bigger clan" bullshit. I've never even seen you before but your post just annoyed me. You complain about alot about non-stop robbing, you then go on to say how only one group is "the only good RP on the server" when actually there is plenty of great clans left out there, where every day they are congratulated on their RP. If you don't see it then perhaps you should just leave without making a post to get a last jab at bandits.

Also, B-17 isn't a clan based on robbing people. As you can see we've begun to make a settlement that "survivors" can come to and RP at. I don't log on and the first thing I think is to rob someone, I search for RP and I receive good RP on daily basis. Your original post is full of comments that make you seem so far up your own arse that it's unbelievable. So before you start making comments on clans and how it's affecting your RP, just leave and stop making petty jabs at people who play the game slightly differently from you.

You do your clan well with your attitude here. Everyone here is discussing matters talking back and forth and you have gone full ragemax cursing and insulting me on my own farewell thread. Calm yourself.

Husky    0

You do your clan well with your attitude here. Everyone here is discussing matters talking back and forth and you have gone full ragemax cursing and insulting me on my own farewell thread. Calm yourself.

I think you should read what Hatch wrote again mate, you obviously didn't read it very carefully.

I think you should read what Hatch wrote again mate, you obviously didn't read it very carefully.

I could say the same to you. He called me a victim, a asshole and accused my post of "making a jab at bandits" while that the last thing I was trying to point out. Which part would you like me to re read?

Vesper    0

I could say the same to you. He called me a victim, a asshole and accused my post of "making a jab at bandits" while that the last thing I was trying to point out. Which part would you like me to re read?

You can't really blame a guy for telling it how it is from his view and not sugar coating his responses for you.

Husky    0

He did not call you an asshole anywhere in that particular comment, and I also fail to see how that post was "rage-max" I don't know you two's situation IG or OOC and I frankly don't care, if you can't keep it to a normal discussion level take it to PMs.