Server time: 2017-11-19, 03:07

Sign in to follow this  
Cameron_David

Early Access

I've been thinking a lot about games in early access, particularly with the "too early" release of DayZ Standalone.

I'd simply like to hear your views and opinions on the subject, and I'll start the thread with mine: I generally understand early access releases as helping the developers squash bugs, hear feedback and receive a bit of income to help with development, but the concept would fall short if the developers decide to run off with the money, because the biggest issue I have is that they're monetizing on a job that's half done.

And building a community around a half done game is like renting rooms in a motel that isn't even fully built, maybe even structurally unstable.

So do you all think that releasing games on early access is good or bad?

I agree with you on that it is good for Dev's to hear the players opinion and the players help discover bugs etc; however, if the Devs don't hit deadlines then impatience arises which can put a lot of people off and people may stop playing the game.

I agree with you on that it is good for Dev's to hear the players opinion and the players help discover bugs etc; however, if the Devs don't hit deadlines then impatience arises which can put a lot of people off and people may stop playing the game.

Exactly, this will also hinder the developers because they won't be able to work to their own, comfortable deadlines.

early access showed me that the majority of people have no clue how game development works