Server time: 2017-08-24, 03:13

Sign in to follow this  
Pipski

"Waiting for host"

Question

Pipski    2

Hi there!

So basically since this morning I haven't been able to log in to the sever, I just get stuck on a black screen with wait for host until it times out and kicks me.

What do?

Regards,

SirOwlie.

//Pat:

Solution:

For me I had to uninstall and delete the Battleye folders. I verified the integrity of the game cache and then launched the game. Battleye updated automatically and all worked grand.

18 answers to this question

DeadKiller    0

You might be trying to log in at times when the server is going down. The only way to fix it (if thats what it is) is to just wait till the server empty's witch fixes it and then join. But do not be the first one to join cause it has a chance to wipe you character

Pipski    2

Unfortunately not the case, my good sir.

I tried logging in after a friend did and I still receive the "waiting for host", unable to exit or anything afterwards.

Any other ideas?

DeadKiller    0

Unfortunately not the case, my good sir.

I tried logging in after a friend did and I still receive the "waiting for host", unable to exit or anything afterwards.

Any other ideas?

Did you try uninstalling and re-installing the game?

Also is it like that on all servers or just DayZRP?

DanielBond    0

Try turning your router off, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on.

Has this worked for anyone? Tried that earlier but nothing happened.

Jerold    0

It let me join only for about 2 minutes then it timed out and now it just says wait for host until it says connection to host has been lost. Ive restarted my computer several and reinstalled dayzrp

Pipski    2

Just an update for myself. I've reinstalled arma 2, dayz, dayzrp. The whole tiddlybit. Still no change in my permanent waiting for host. Yay!

Rolle    2473

How are you connecting to the server? (launcher, server browser, remote button)?

Dutch    0

Im having this problem as well, Ive reinstalled all my Arma II stuff on both my main and my slave drive, when i had been playing over two months ago before uninstall the games worked just fine. Only recently have they given me the same trouble here as SirOwlie, I did full clean installations of OA and even removed the leftover mod folders, even reinstalled the launchers themselves. But it seems every time I connect to any server the game gets stuck waiting for host.

The only difference here being, and this is a question fo Owlie included. When i open my task manager, the game is actually noted as "Not Responding" when I do. Sometime I even manage to get as far as the lobby and when I click the button to load up, the game gets stuck at loading the mission (0kb/0kb it says) And when I return to the task manager, its saying the game is no longer responding. Not sure if my additional problems could shed some light here, but figured i'd piggyback SirOwlies problem as ours seem to be radically similar.

Also not I am also launching from Steam.

Jerold    0

**Update** For some reason when I tried to log into the game today battle eye updated to 1.228 and it let me play just fine now.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

For me I had to uninstall and delete the Battleye folders. I verified the integrity of the game cache and then launched the game. Battleye updated automatically and all worked grand.

Conor    243

You are a gentleman and a scholar!

Grumbys solution has worked for other users too.

Solution:

/Solved.

Dutch    0

**Update as well** Started using DayZlauncher and the game seems to be doing fine for regular DayZ, I tested two servers and they both worked.

EDIT: I just noticed BEclient was updated to 1.228, looks like there may have been an update that didnt launch right, previously all servers I tried to join tried to initialize 1.227, so If youre getting 1.227, that might be the whole problem right there.