Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 11:28

Removal of high grade military weapons and vehicles.


Recommended Posts

Not sure if this has been suggested, but the removal of high powered sniper rifles, or better yet their spawn reduced to mere decimal percentages.

The reason being, is it'd be nice to see players and clans use weapons beyond the usual 50.Cal, DMR and M249 spam. I've heard NATO weapons will be limited to chopper crashes only, but lets be honest, come the new update, clans will just roam the land, farming the crash sites for their sniper rifle fix.

Which leads me onto my next suggestion; the removal of all aircraft.

Lets face it, choppers are far too OP. Not only for their ability to ship players around the map with relevant safety but also their ability to find and locate chopper crash sites, camps and vehicles. As soon as one clan finds, or even worse, BUYS a chopper, its end game and within hours they're all geared up with high powered rifles and ghillie suits as they've effectively found every military spawn spot on the map.

I believe these suggestions will improve roleplay and add immersion and some sense of realism to a post apocalyptic warzone, rather than the current high grade military counter sniper simulator that DayZ has inevitably become.

So, thoughts?

Link to comment

Only Makarovs and Bicycles. But seriously, I think the helicopters should be alot rarer and there should only be one chopper at all times.

I believe in the mod sniper rifles are going to be a lot rarer, with only SVDs, KSVKs and VSS spawning at barracks. m107 is removed (thank god), not sure how many snipers spawn at heli crashes but a large range of guns spawn on them further reducing the chance of spawning a sniper rifle.

I'm not sure if it is working in the patch, haven't really seen it myself, but Heli crashes are supposed to spawn randomly during server uptime rather than all at server start up, which means clans won't be able to rush around looking for and looting all the heli crashes immediately after server restart, it will be based more on luck hopefully, meaning that the loot should be more evenly distributed throughout the playerbase.

Link to comment
  • Emerald

Take a look at the loot tables that have been altered as part of the mod.

You won't be seing DMRs any more. The substitute is SVDs but these are less OP and rarer. The vast, vast majority of all weapons will be AK style. If there is a 50, it'll be the KSVK which is far inferior to M107 with 5rd magazines, bolt action and reliatively poor scope.

The helicopter's aren't greatly practical and in my experience don't assist a great deal in loot collection- landing takes time and pilots don't want the risk of being robbed. Para dropping is dangerous and exposes one.

Helicopters will be balanced out perhaps with an addition of pickups with mounted weapons.

Crash sites will be reduced and become more of a novelty. However, anyone that goes through the trouble of dealing with the large amount of infected that spawn at them, should be rewarded with some quirky weaponry, which they will be.

Military weapons generally aren't OP and do aid to RP. They do have a deserving presence if you look at the history og Chernarus. The mod just wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable with out a wide range of weaponry, because Lee Enfield fights, I'm sure you'll agree become a tad boring after a while. What harm does a Scar-L or Dragunov really do? In any survivor's hands it'll add to everyone's experience and aids RP and trading possibilities.

Link to comment

Only Makarovs and Bicycles. But seriously, I think the helicopters should be alot rarer and there should only be one chopper at all times.

Oh you.

But yeah, if chopper removal is too extreme for some of you lot, making them alot rarer, their repairal alot more difficult and fuel alot more treasured would improve this server dramatically.

Link to comment

Only Makarovs and Bicycles. But seriously, I think the helicopters should be alot rarer and there should only be one chopper at all times.

Oh you.

But yeah, if chopper removal is too extreme for some of you lot, making them alot rarer, their repairal alot more difficult and fuel alot more treasured would improve this server dramatically.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind the choppers being completely removed, but others wouldn't like the idea. I am currently writing a suggestion on changes to helicopters that I will post in a couple of days.

Link to comment
  • Emerald

They can be OP when used for camp/vehicle searching but they don't really help in firefights as much as people think they do. They do provide a point of interest, perhaps a race to get the chopper on restart but obviously that isn't RP based. It wouldn't do much harm if they were removed, but it could affect RP negatively considering helicopters are a sign of salvation in zombie apocalypse stories.

Then again they are almost never aquired by friendly clans but by bandit clans who use them only to scout out robberies.

Link to comment

Then again they are almost never aquired by friendly clans but by bandit clans who use them only to scout out robberies.

Exactly. When has a chopper been used to ferry medicine around or even been used as an RP ploy to escape Chernarus?

Link to comment

I really hope to see in the stand alone of DayZRP, or even in updates of the mods, that military weapons are much harder to find. And more civil guns in the game and high chance of finding those civilian guns.

It'd be nice if the military grade weapons and vehciles had a feeling of "Wow. I found this and I will do anything in my power to save it" And it be a much more rewarding feeling when you actually find them.

As for sniper rifles and such. I'd say completely take out the AS50's and the M107's. Limit it to the CZ-550, the M24, and maybe the DMR.

As for Chopper crashses, I'd be okay with them being 2/3 of them on the map.

Link to comment
Guest Sam Goodenough
Exactly. When has a chopper been used to ferry medicine around or even been used as an RP ploy to escape Chernarus?

This, the by me bolded part, in particular, in my opinion. Sure, no idea if it is better elsewhere, but that too could be role-played. "I heard about a ship that will be off the coast here in a few weeks..." or whatever. A worthy cause for many role-players? :D

Link to comment
  • Legend

Then again they are almost never aquired by friendly clans but by bandit clans who use them only to scout out robberies.

Exactly. When has a chopper been used to ferry medicine around or even been used as an RP ploy to escape Chernarus?

Back when EMS was at its height, you could depend on medivac services and even request pickups. TOR has been known to use their choppers for good too, before the LBs dried up. It's better now though. A chopper encounter now brings the vague hope that humanity, and perhaps a foreign military power survives and thrives, and may even bring help; but also brings the frisson of fear, because realistically? Bandits.

Link to comment
  • Emerald

I really hope to see in the stand alone of DayZRP, or even in updates of the mods, that military weapons are much harder to find. And more civil guns in the game and high chance of finding those civilian guns.

It'd be nice if the military grade weapons and vehciles had a feeling of "Wow. I found this and I will do anything in my power to save it" And it be a much more rewarding feeling when you actually find them.

As for sniper rifles and such. I'd say completely take out the AS50's and the M107's. Limit it to the CZ-550, the M24, and maybe the DMR.

As for Chopper crashses, I'd be okay with them being 2/3 of them on the map.

M24 and DMR do not spawn at Military Loot spots after Rpmod. Russian weapons only.

Link to comment
  • MVP

Also, note: If you guys didn't know, heli-crashes will randomly spawn during however long the server is up. They don't all spawn at the start of the server. It gives more people chances to go look around and find weapons (as well as just even random encounters).

And as far as the loot for the heli-crashes, I'm not allowed to show you the current list, but I can tell you that you have a 10% - 60% chance of weapons or items actually spawning, and around a 40% chance on top of that of a weapon actually spawning. So you basically have ~5% - 30% chance of a weapon actually spawning currently.

And honestly, the spawn chance of rare weapons are very low. Like, Off the top of my head, I believe a L115A3 is around a .0023% spawn chance out of 100%

Link to comment
  • Emerald

Also, note: If you guys didn't know, heli-crashes will randomly spawn during however long the server is up. They don't all spawn at the start of the server. It gives more people chances to go look around and find weapons (as well as just even random encounters).

And as far as the loot for the heli-crashes, I'm not allowed to show you the current list, but I can tell you that you have a 10% - 60% chance of weapons or items actually spawning, and around a 40% chance on top of that of a weapon actually spawning. So you basically have ~5% - 30% chance of a weapon actually spawning currently.

And honestly, the spawn chance of rare weapons are very low. Like, Off the top of my head, I believe a L115A3 is around a .0023% spawn chance out of 100%

So essentially at present you on average will find a weapon at 1 in 7 crashsites

Link to comment
  • Emerald

Only Makarovs and Bicycles. But seriously, I think the helicopters should be alot rarer and there should only be one chopper at all times.

I believe in the mod sniper rifles are going to be a lot rarer, with only SVDs, KSVKs and VSS spawning at barracks. m107 is removed (thank god), not sure how many snipers spawn at heli crashes but a large range of guns spawn on them further reducing the chance of spawning a sniper rifle.

I'm not sure if it is working in the patch, haven't really seen it myself, but Heli crashes are supposed to spawn randomly during server uptime rather than all at server start up, which means clans won't be able to rush around looking for and looting all the heli crashes immediately after server restart, it will be based more on luck hopefully, meaning that the loot should be more evenly distributed throughout the playerbase.

Most powerful clan wants to see less of the things that help them be so powerful. At least +7 to S-GRU

Here's the thing. I think that things like the anti material weaponry and vehicles should be at a point of savored and spared. Lemme explain.

Vehicles, especially helis: These should be saved for important or special operations. Going to the major city for a quick hospital raid? Use the pick up that only just has enough fuel to go there and back. Go everywhere else on foot. This removes robbery patrolling by gear and kill hungry bandits, and makes vehicle management much more difficult and gives you much more to do when you own a vehicle. It may even make them harder to steal if they are out of fuel and fuel is a lot harder to come across, making my idea of "the company car" much more possible. a clan might be able to keep one vehicle for a few days or, one can only hope, a couple weeks (if it's hard enough to maintain one vehicle, you won't find a clan hoarding 5+ cars in the woods, ruining the vehicle count and likeliness that someone else could find a natural car.) It would almost be a hassle to own more than one vehicle.

This would also make helicopters an evac, drop off, or assault asset for big plans or emergency situations, instead of refuelling to a full tank within 2 minutes, and within the next hour you've seen every inch of the Chernarussian wilderness. It makes even a lone player overpowered.

Weapons: Weapons like the LMG or the sniper rifles should be cherished when found, and at most there should only be one to a team of 6 or less. This will make squads more role/class oriented, and make people who are better at them the priority holders on your team. That way we don't meet SDS at prud with 5 M107s and ammo to spare to unload on a lake because they're bored.

Weapons like antimaterial rifles should be stored and protected, and ammo should be very very hard to come by. Basically, I'd just like these weapons to be stored at a clans base of operations, so they can defend against a heli assault (which as mentioned before, would be a very special occasion with how little fuel there should be)


Also, note: If you guys didn't know, heli-crashes will randomly spawn during however long the server is up. They don't all spawn at the start of the server. It gives more people chances to go look around and find weapons (as well as just even random encounters).

And as far as the loot for the heli-crashes, I'm not allowed to show you the current list, but I can tell you that you have a 10% - 60% chance of weapons or items actually spawning, and around a 40% chance on top of that of a weapon actually spawning. So you basically have ~5% - 30% chance of a weapon actually spawning currently.

And honestly, the spawn chance of rare weapons are very low. Like, Off the top of my head, I believe a L115A3 is around a .0023% spawn chance out of 100%

So essentially at present you on average will find a weapon at 1 in 7 crashsites

tumblr_m6zfz6CIp81qkdiew.png

Link to comment
  • MVP

So essentially at present you on average will find a weapon at 1 in 7 crashsites

No, It averages out to about 2-3 per crash usually. Mostly M4s or M16s.

Oh, my ratio off because of an edit. The L115A3 is about 0.23% out of 100% (I originally said .0023 out of 1)

The random method in the game isn't truly random. Basically if a weapon spawn chance does happen, weapons will be more likely to spawn in the area. So if one weapons spawns, generally 1 to 2 more will spawn with it.

Link to comment

But look at the current spawn chance of the DMR. It's something like .2% perhaps, yet due to the way the spawn system works and the amount of players, its not unfeasable to see a clan of 12 all have DMRs within a week.

Look at the current bandit playerbase now. Atleast 60% of them are DMR wielders.

Link to comment
  • MVP

But look at the current spawn chance of the DMR. It's something like .2% perhaps, yet due to the way the spawn system works and the amount of players, its not unfeasable to see a clan of 12 all have DMRs within a week.

Look at the current bandit playerbase now. Atleast 60% of them are DMR wielders.

Thats because there are very few weapons that spawn in the heli-crashes. After going through at least 30 helicopters on the test server, I've never seen one spawn naturally. The best I saw was a mk17 sniper sd

Link to comment

I think that everything is avaliable after the wipe and the availability should be decreased over time. This seems to be realistic to me. Everbody could have military equiptment, but he have so save it for special actions, because when everything good is scavenged, there can't appear more of it through hillarious magic, same with choppers or valuable vehicles.

Link to comment
  • Legend

That would work if we were playing a 'last man standing' type of game, but as it is, powerful weapons get destroyed when players are killed in the field and their bodies despawn, or when they're hidden by hostile clans, etc.

Link to comment
  • MVP

Choppers should still exist, but be more rare. 2 max at the server, preferably just one.

And personally? Remove or make weapons with optics -really- rare. To prevent dayZ fights to end up in long-range sniper duels which tend to be quite common, you'd need to make weapons more suitable for close combat. An MK48 can still serve a secondary purpose as a marksman weapon if you know how to use it due to the laser optics.

This is Chernarus, a tiny poor-arse backwater state. I doubt most CDF(Chernarus's standing military force) was running around with top of the line optics on their weapons.

AKs should be the name of the game.

Link to comment
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...