Server time: 2017-08-18, 16:28

Sign in to follow this  
Igi

What are the devs working on right now?

Igi    4

So... Totally not stealing Rolle's thread idea or anything ^_^

In all seriousness though... I personally feel that, in the past, the dev team hasn't been very transparent about what is going on with the development at the moment. This thread will include a nice list of all the things the dev team are currently working on.

I'll be updating this thread whenever we start working on some thing and I'll keep it organised by weeks. (When the new website is launched I'll switch all of this over to some kind of blog)

This is NOT, in any shape or form, a changelog. Stuff mentioned in here may/may not be in game yet so do not use this as a reference point.

Week 48+

It's evident not that many people are bothering to read this thread so I'm gonna stop with the weekly update format in the OP.

Me and Tam (mostly Tam) will continue adding stuff to the thread so if you're actually interested in what we're doing, read the latest comments ^_^

Week 47:

- Got the DayZRP Namalsk Epoch server all setup after a fair bit of tedious fiddling. Just working on adding some custom scripts and a few tweaks before official launch.

- Started planning for ARMA 3 Life development. Going to be contacting some people so a few possible surprises should things work out ^_^

- Other than that, another pretty lax week. Imminent mod death basically means workload death. Hence why I'm eager to start on new projects :)

Week 46:

- Popped back up after the week of absence.

- Downloaded Standalone again.. figured I better give it a try :P

- Begun work on some configs for Gerix's models (working out some issues I encountered). Want to get them ingame ASAP :D!

- Trying to decide what to work on...

- Getting hyped over both ARMA 3 Life and Namalsk ideas.

Week 45:

- Didn't really do anything regarding DayZRP... (Call it my break after patch release :P). I was mostly AFK.

- Had one day off during the full week... the rest of the days were college/work. After getting home I fell asleep pretty much every day (pretty shitty week tbh).

Week 44:

- Started development blog ^_^

- Launched my first patch as a DayZRP developer. So far, only one issue that can be traced back to me. ;)

- Self-hate for not making perfect patch first time.

- Fixed the duplicated buildings that were caused in the update.

- Moved a few things to the server instead of the mission/client (may improve FPS).

- Begun looking for stuff to add in the next update.

- Started writing up ideas for building mechanics.

- Begun fixing a ton of broken descriptions on guns/items/ammo...etc (stupid mod makers; making nice mods and not making the descriptions right *grumble*).

- None of my college work yet... I am a bad person...

- Wrote a wall regarding the future of DayZRP: HERE

P.S. Let me know if want this sort of thing guys. If not, I'll leave it. I don't want to be putting effort into something people don't care about :P

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

It's nice. Good to see and appreciate where your work goes into.

Transparency is always a good thing. I really enjoy reading the behind the scenes posts.

Tamaster92    14

Needs moar adding my flare pistol <3

Good idea though, we kept trying to do something similar but it never went anywhere, I hope you can keep it up :)

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

The community love transparency :) Good job Igi

We like transparent clothing too :3

Nice one Igi. This looks very full-on!

you fly as fuck

Igi    4

Thread updated with this week and last week.

Apologises for not being around much last week >_<

Week 46:

- Popped back up after the week of absence.

- Downloaded Standalone again.. figured I better give it a try :P

- Begun work on some configs for Gerix's models (working out some issues I encountered). Want to get them ingame ASAP :D!

- Trying to decide what to work on...

- Getting hyped over both ARMA 3 Life and Namalsk ideas.

Week 45:

- Didn't really do anything regarding DayZRP... (Call it my break after patch release :P). I was mostly AFK.

- Had one day off during the full week... the rest of the days were college/work. After getting home I fell asleep pretty much every day (pretty shitty week tbh).

Igi    4

Week 47 added

Week 47:

- Got the DayZRP Namalsk Epoch server all setup after a fair bit of tedious fiddling. Just working on adding some custom scripts and a few tweaks before official launch.

- Started planning for ARMA 3 Life development. Going to be contacting some people so a few possible surprises should things work out ^_^

- Other than that, another pretty lax week. Imminent mod death basically means workload death. Hence why I'm eager to start on new projects :)

Tamaster92    14

Does that include customising the traders to sell and buy RP weapons, vehicles, skins and ammo? :D

Igi    4

Does that include customising the traders to sell and buy RP weapons, vehicles, skins and ammo? :D

Hopefully ^_^

Gotta go through with the rest of staff and figure out what we'll allow to be bought/sold.

Masulii    24

Hopefully ^_^

Gotta go through with the rest of staff and figure out what we'll allow to be bought/sold.

I would like to see you able to buy those weapons that are in mod, also the attachments but they would cost more :P

Aaaand maybe those skins also *cough cough* http://www.dayzrp.com/images/shop/105.jpg

Igi    4

This thread will now include what the entire dev team is working on.

So it may actually have a decent amount of content now ^_^

Murdercool    32

Can't wait to see you add some Bloodsuckers. That will make me jump straight back into the mods arms.

Can't wait to see you add some Bloodseekers. That will make me jump straight back into the mods arms.

you mean bloodsuckers right? bloodseeker is some mong from DOTA :P

Murdercool    32

Can't wait to see you add some Bloodseekers. That will make me jump straight back into the mods arms.

you mean bloodsuckers right? bloodseeker is some mong from DOTA :P

Jesus Christ yeah, Dota getting the better of me there. :P

Dota getting the better of me there. :P

is k I know that feel breh

Tamaster92    14

Week ??

Rejoined Dev team after careful deliberation. Started getting used to the new dev environment and tools, seems pretty good so far. First project is EpochRP Namalsk so started doing some basic edits at work.

• Removed some vehicles from dynamic spawn list
  • Added our custom vehicles to the dynamic spawn list
  • Edited vehicle limits to be more balanced
  • Current total = 42 DayZRP vehicle types, 144 total different vehicles

Next up is compiling a list of all items which need to be added to the traders and then adding them as well as removing some items that shouldn't be sold.

It's good to be back :)

Tamaster92    14

Day bla bla

At work doing some Epoch Namalsk stuffs again :D Starting to get into the workflow and new tools - seems very fast and smooth which is nice. Easy to reverse any changes in case of breaking things too (which I will no doubt do).

- Added and set about 15 config values for the server. Things like vehicle spawn condition, building on roads, plot pole distances etc.

- Disabled sidechat :D

- Edited mission name to be called DayZRP Epoch Namalsk

- Edited the server to load the majority of the mods from DayZRP. Potentially some conflicts which will need fixing but will need to test at home.

- Added a special random event which needs testing (random as in like heli crashes)

Will likely get some more done later and do testing tonight.

Igi    4

Did nothing... Tam's stealing all my work and real life is a bitch D:

Hope to start work on ArmA 3 stuff soon though!

Tamaster92    14

Update :D

(i'm posting in here way too often)

I fixed some conflicts between RP and Epoch as well as identified duplicate mods which will need removing. This means there will likely be a update for DayZRP to make it Epoch Namalsk compatible but we shall see soon.

Other than that I started editing the traders tonight - it's a mammoth task so expect progress to be pretty slow. Here's a SMALL example of how it looks.

132974c82c.png

Tamaster92    14

Daily update :D

I dunno how long i'll keep up daily updates but I do want to do weekly ones at the very least. Spent today editing the shit out of the traders and managed to add;

- All RP vehicles added to appropriate traders

- All Namalsk specific items added to traders

- All attachments, backpacks, ammo and miscellaneous items from RP added to traders.

- Started on adding all the RP skins

Roughly added about 800 lines of code to traders :redpanda: