Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:49
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
TurtleMuncher

group hall of fame and IRL map

In this thread I have two suggestions for the website. Neither of which are very groundbreaking or make a huge impact but I think they would be a good addition to DayZRP.com . My first idea is a group hall of fame. This would simply be a page like the group list page but rather than have the current active clans, it would be some of the more powerful, influential, and memorable groups such as RSM, CLF, NRF, SVR, 501st etc... over the span of the entirety of DayZRP. (It could also be done with every group that was ever active but I think the memorable ones would be better.) A branch of this idea is the same concept but with settlements. The purpose of theses is to remember old times and feel nostalgic, it also creates a sort of DayZRP history. My second idea is a map on the website that has a little dot for every player on DayZRP that has their location set to public. This gives people the option wether they want to display their location or not. Sort of like the little map when you play matchmaking on halo, that was my favorite thing even though I'm pretty sure it never changed. Have'nt you ever wondered where the majority of DayZRP players are from? I have, I have also wondered if there's another person in my entire city that plays DayZRP. While neither of these ideas make any impact on gameplay they would be cool additions for the website. Thank you for your time

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

Memorable groups such as CRA, CRA, CRA, CRA, CRAst etc...

Fixed it for you :P.

In regards to the OP I think the best clans have already got a hall of fame in the minds of the people from the community.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

And the map idea is pretty cool. Not gunna lie

Hex    31

I like the player map thing to a degree, but then again this is not a matchmaking game, if you wish to find others to play with, do it in game otherwise it kinda ruins the whole experience of meeting new people in a dynamic and RP way.

The group history thing I dont actually like, the reasoning I have behind that would be this: Pople are always going on about 'the good old days' and such, pretty much saying that current DayZRP is a pale shadow of its former self. These onces influential groups, be they infamous or not, may have had a big part on DayZRP past, but to be continuously reminded of how 'good' they were in relation to current groups or time, is something that only hurts the community.

I'll elaborate more. Remember when you were young, a fond memory of a video game, movie or whatever? the thought of just how great this thing is lingers in your mind for a while as you go on with life and sometimes you would compare it to other, more newer things. Old games to new games, old movies to new movies, ect...ect... But when you go back and actually play that old game, or watch that old movie, you realize is sucks and has more flaws then you remember. People only remember the good things of these past groups because they want to compare current assfuckery to something in the past. The groups that were 'so great' certainly weren't 'so great' otherwise they would still be around, nearly all of them collapsed under the weight of their own ego, idiocy or just grew bored of the mod.

I like the player map thing to a degree, but then again this is not a matchmaking game, if you wish to find others to play with, do it in game otherwise it kinda ruins the whole experience of meeting new people in a dynamic and RP way.

The group history thing I dont actually like, the reasoning I have behind that would be this: Pople are always going on about 'the good old days' and such, pretty much saying that current DayZRP is a pale shadow of its former self. These onces influential groups, be they infamous or not, may have had a big part on DayZRP past, but to be continuously reminded of how 'good' they were in relation to current groups or time, is something that only hurts the community.

I'll elaborate more. Remember when you were young, a fond memory of a video game, movie or whatever? the thought of just how great this thing is lingers in your mind for a while as you go on with life and sometimes you would compare it to other, more newer things. Old games to new games, old movies to new movies, ect...ect... But when you go back and actually play that old game, or watch that old movie, you realize is sucks and has more flaws then you remember. People only remember the good things of these past groups because they want to compare current assfuckery to something in the past. The groups that were 'so great' certainly weren't 'so great' otherwise they would still be around, nearly all of them collapsed under the weight of their own ego, idiocy or just grew bored of the mod.

I agree with the majority of what you said about the group hall of fame, I just thought it would be a cool, fun little addition. For the map idea it was mostly for curiosity because I am really curious about where DayZRP players are from, if someone would like to meet someone that lives near them, I don't see a problem with it but that is not what it's main purpose is for.