Server time: 2017-10-18, 18:52
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Karichii

Raising Awareness

Karichii    10

So today i received the news that my Grandfather has been diagnosed with ALS, and currently right this second he has been moved to an extensive care unit since he is struggling to breathe, but he also suffers from Neurofibromatosis information here

and i decided to make this thread, as it was so unexpected and sudden, which he showed no symptoms of ALS until a few months ago, unfortunately the diagnoses was so late, that there is nothing the doctors can do to extend his lifetime, i know this condition has had awareness raised before, but just to highlight, this can happen to 1 in 100,000 people, but don't consider yourself safe, find out more information here, il keep the thread updated as the scenario continues with my Grandfather.

Thanks

Karichii

Revilo    7

Quite nice that ALS has raised a lot of awareness with the ice bucket challenge. its sad that there is no cure for ALS (From what i know of it) and im sure you have everyone's sympathy, i feel the pain as my granddad (at the time of this post) has about 2 weeks to live as he has cancer of the bowel and lymph node, and is fighting through it. enjoy life as it is cause you never know what might happen

and as i said before you know that the community is here for you <3

My Aunt has this, horrible disease. For those who dont know it slowly deteriorates your muscles until you are unable to do anything on your own. Sorry bro for the diagnosis.

Karichii    10

Thanks for the Support an Update, He is still in intensive care, however he is more responsive, and looking alot better than he was yesterday, which yesterday it looked like he wasnt going to see today.