Server time: 2017-10-21, 12:30
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Karichii

Battleye Updating

Question

18 answers to this question

GingerHippo    4

I'm guessing that you've re-downloaded Arma 2 and OA and also tried reloading the game after this has occurred too.

What I'm going to ask is have you tried deleting the battle eye folders in your Arma 2 OA folder and then opening Arma 2 to allow it to re-download and install?

Karichii    10

Yes i have done the second but not the first, i have deleted the battleye folder and re downloaded it il try delete and reinstall now

Drogur    0

Yeah, its a messy format, but still, have you tried all suggestions below?

http://www.battleye.com/support.html

Something on your system prevents the installation/startup of the BE Service, which is required to play on BE-enabled servers. Please ensure that any security software (anti-virus, etc.) running on your system doesn't block the BE Service (both BEService.exe/BEService_x64.exe in your game's "BattlEye" directory as well as BEService.exe in the BE Service directory, which is usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye") in any way. You might have to add it to your security software's exception list. If that doesn't help or you don't use any sort of security software there might be a permission issue with your BE Service directory or the files within it. To solve this delete the BE Service directory (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BattlEye") and then try to launch your game again. If you still get the same error at this point please try to manually set the BE Launcher (for ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead: "ArmA2OA_BE.exe" in your game directory) to run with administrative privileges (normally this should happen automatically). To do so right-click on the BE Launcher executable, choose "Properties", go to the "Compatibility" tab, check the "Run this program as an administrator" option and click OK to apply your changes.

Drogur    0

Ok,

Make sure you check those two folders and update them both.

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye\

You could rename or delete both folders and then reinstall BattlEye or check integrity of files in Steam.

Drogur    0

Path looks like this:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\

Users and then the user name then comes the appdata folder.

Drogur    0

After done what of the suggested?

Reinstall of Battleye or checking integrity of files in Steam?

Karichii    10

Yes

Now it doesnt even initialize, deleted the Appdata one and the other one and i verified the integrity and now battleye doesnt initialize

Drogur    0

ok,

Restart computer.

Check connectivity, depending on result check file integrity again, after that eventually reinstall Battleye again.

Let me know.

Karichii    10

Someone is going to give me their BE folders, so what do i delete so i can get theirs?

Drogur    0

If you going to try that rename those two folders:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye\

Karichii    10

Can a Moderator /Solved this, its all fixed, files have been transferred via TeamViewer