Server time: 2017-10-19, 10:46
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Mikachu

DayZ Status Report - Week beginning 27/10/14

Mikachu    26

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-27-oct-14

Some good stuff in this one, plans for a roadmap, new inventory, UI enhancements and much more

Discuss :)

Hex    31

I....dont enjoy the mock up of the new inventory system, its somewhat confusing to me, hopefully they will allow a mix? perhaps an option to keep the current system if they do decide to change it.

The little roadmap is nice, though I'd really love to see .50 hit stables soon xD

Mikachu    26

I....dont enjoy the mock up of the new inventory system, its somewhat confusing to me, hopefully they will allow a mix? perhaps an option to keep the current system if they do decide to change it.

The little roadmap is nice, though I'd really love to see .50 hit stables soon xD

I think the idea is for it to be a modular inventory, so it is easy to customize and move stuff around.

I agree though, that picture looks very ugly

SykoWolf    0

Its a very early mockup, nowhere near what the end product will likely be. I like the idea of a horizontal inventory to remove the need for scrolling and hopefully they do actually add the ability to customise the layout of our inventory screens. It would be amazing if they did.

Clammy    0

I really don't care about a new toolbar for your inventory and shit like that, I just want the cheaters off of the game so people can start to have a fun experience.

Mikachu    26

I really don't care about a new toolbar for your inventory and shit like that, I just want the cheaters off of the game so people can start to have a fun experience.

Isn't that why we have a whitelist?

Clammy    0

I was playing on a DayZ server yesterday that my friend hosted, somehow a cheater still gained access and killed us both repeatedly. Sad times.

But I am also on about public servers, ones that are not whitelisted. They are riddled with cheaters and nothing has been done to stop them which is pretty disappointing.

Mikachu    26

I was playing on a DayZ server yesterday that my friend hosted, somehow a cheater still gained access and killed us both repeatedly. Sad times.

But I am also on about public servers, ones that are not whitelisted. They are riddled with cheaters and nothing has been done to stop them which is pretty disappointing.

Nothing?

They put battleye back in, they completely changed the entire client server architecture to stop people hacking the same way as in ARMA.

They have done TONS to stop hacking. Obviously it is still an issue but to say they haven't done anything is massively disingenuous

Clammy    0

Nothing?

They put battleye back in, they completely changed the entire client server architecture to stop people hacking the same way as in ARMA.

They have done TONS to stop hacking. Obviously it is still an issue but to say they haven't done anything is massively disingenuous

To me it just seems like they aren't making any effort. I haven't seen in any status reports about them stopping cheaters, yes people are making an effort (Killing cheaters and sending their user name to battle eye) but I can't see anything being done.

Valkerion    0

Ah thats good so .50 hopefully comes around on wednesday assuming nothing goes wrong again at least the melee will hopefully be fixed then as its kinda fooked in this patch.

Mikachu    26

Nothing?

To me it just seems like they aren't making any effort. I haven't seen in any status reports about them stopping cheaters, yes people are making an effort (Killing cheaters and sending their user name to battle eye) but I can't see anything being done.

Of course you don't?

If they publicly explained what they were doing to stop cheaters then it would be pointless since cheaters would know what to not do and work around.

Clammy    0

-convo-

They already got into their game, and I say they are in pretty deep. Its going to take a-lot of work for them to totally eradicate cheaters. I say why not just work on that now? They don't need "We have upgraded our Battle-Eye systems to prevent cheaters" or information like that on their website, I would be happy if they just said "We are working on permanently removing cheaters from our game" therefore, they are not giving information and shows that they are actually working on removing them

SykoWolf    0

They would actually be wanting hackers right now during this phase, because it shows them where the weak points are. Little by little, they patch the weak points until security becomes more acceptable. Hackers will always exist, but you will see a sharp decline between .50 and 1.0.

Mikachu    26

-convo-

They already got into their game, and I say they are in pretty deep. Its going to take a-lot of work for them to totally eradicate cheaters. I say why not just work on that now? They don't need "We have upgraded our Battle-Eye systems to prevent cheaters" or information like that on their website, I would be happy if they just said "We are working on permanently removing cheaters from our game" therefore, they are not giving information and shows that they are actually working on removing them

They have said that multiple times :)

It isn't like they are literally ignoring it lol

Also as above person said^

Anyway, I'm excited to see this "roadmap" will be glad to have some rough dates for things

Oldman    22

I think the ui does not look nice, but is more efficient. You can see everything now and don't have to scroll. +1 for me. Hope you can drag the windows that would be awesome.

Uhh, that UI looks really bad.

Unknown Entity    126

[video=youtube]