Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:48
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Clammy

Altis Life

Question

Clammy    0

I remember Rolle mentioning something about an altis life server, do we have any progress on that at all?

24 answers to this question

Rolle    2937

No, like I previously said in What is Rolle working on right now thread, we're focusing on 1.4.1.2 and deployment of it ASAP. Then we want to do just maintenance and bugfix releases for DayZRP mod which may give us more time to work on other things. Altis Life however has the least priority compared to DayZRP mod and Standalone as it's an external mod involving a different game, especially since there already are established Life servers that we would have a lot of difficulties competing with.

Clammy    0

No, like I previously said in What is Rolle working on right now thread, we're focusing on 1.4.1.2 and deployment of it ASAP. Then we want to do just maintenance and bugfix releases for DayZRP mod which may give us more time to work on other things. Altis Life however has the least priority compared to DayZRP mod and Standalone as it's an external mod involving a different game, especially since there already are established Life servers that we would have a lot of difficulties competing with.

Ok, thanks! :)

. . . . especially since there already are established Life servers that we would have a lot of difficulties competing with.

. . b - b - b - but roleplay is non-existent in those servers. Sure we would technically not be able to compete with the fancy things of other mods such as the ARMA 3 Life mod that has a custom map but I think that offering a more roleplay orientated and managed environment would appeal to a lot of people.

. . . . especially since there already are established Life servers that we would have a lot of difficulties competing with.

. . b - b - b - but roleplay is non-existent in those servers. Sure we would technically not be able to compete with the fancy things of other mods such as the ARMA 3 Life mod that has a custom map but I think that offering a more roleplay orientated and managed environment would appeal to a lot of people.

This. I remember the day BLS bumped into a few of us on Blackwing and he was so surprised to actually RP with people.

Im with you, Altis ARPEEE!

This. I remember the day BLS bumped into a few of us on Blackwing and he was so surprised to actually RP with people.

Im with you, Altis ARPEEE!

'Hey you guys should check out a mod called DayZRP!' were the words I uttered to you, Muntz, ZeroXiz and Hofer. Much embarrassment was felt that day.

Hofer    20

My first hour there, playing with Hofer....banned. Yep...me. Banned. Was funny.

Good times.

"Thumper, RAM THEM"

Chris    63
3p2y2j.jpg

I know this has been solved but I wanted to mention. I agree the DayZRP mod takes priority, but how does Standalone play any part in that as there is little that requires work from the Dev team. Mod tools will more than likely not be released for some time and the game is no where near ready I do not feel for a solid RP environment as rules can not be solidly enforced. This is in part to the game still not being nowhere near complete. I could see it if it were in beta and mod tools were ready for use by our Devs but they just are not at that point yet.

Saying that we would have difficulties competing with other servers I believe is completely false. These are not RP communities. These are servers full of people who do not know what proper RP is. They may start out as such but have no structure or community to keep it solid. Who cares if it has sparkly scripts and textures. I feel we have a team enough to make it work. I know a lot of players in this community who were happy to hear that Altis would be making an appearance in the RP community. Now I feel as it has been shot in the foot by way of an Alpha of a game that we do not know how long it will take to be brought up to DayZRP standards.

I would like at the very least a poll to be made on the subject of an Altis Server as I believe it would bring members to our community and would be a breath of fresh air to those who have tired of merely playing DayZ.

Igi    4

-somethingsandsomestuff-

Can I just say that Rolle didn't once say we weren't planning and Altis Life server :P Just because it's not immediate priority doesn't mean it's not happening.

Oh and btw, saying the other life servers have sparkly scripts and such.... Pshh, I could script circles around them ;)

Trust me, just wait and see... I have a lot of great plans for the life server ^_^

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

-Things-

What if I make one for the time being?, To satisfy the needs of the hungry. Not hard at all I have it ready to go.

Revilo    7

-Things-

What if I make one for the time being?, To satisfy the needs of the hungry. Not hard at all I have it ready to go.

[video=youtube]

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

-Do It video-

I would but I can't without Rolles permission.

INB4 ban for advertising.

Burgz    6

Atlis life has no RP on it.

Neither did Dayz before this place buddy.

That is totally true, but I was an Admin of 136 Atlis life, Bad RP and Grimmlife I was a patrol officer on. No RP can be brought to that place, only a bit but i dont think you can find the numbers, Im just saying I dont think its worth a try,

What do you mean?

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

Atlis life has no RP on it.

That's like saying DayZ has no RP, We made DayZ have RP so we can make Altis Life Have RP.

That is totally true, but I was an Admin of 136 Atlis life, Bad RP and Grimmlife I was a patrol officer on. No RP can be brought to that place, only a bit but i dont think you can find the numbers, Im just saying I dont think its worth a try,

What do you mean?

We have a white list and vigilant staff. Not some stupid 15 year old admin who abuses their power and does nothing to help the community. This community is strict and well structured. AltisRP will have enforced rules and not be left to rot like most other communities like BWG for example.

-somethingsandsomestuff-

Can I just say that Rolle didn't once say we weren't planning and Altis Life server :P Just because it's not immediate priority doesn't mean it's not happening.

Oh and btw, saying the other life servers have sparkly scripts and such.... Pshh, I could script circles around them ;)

Trust me, just wait and see... I have a lot of great plans for the life server ^_^

I just felt that Standalone was being put as a priority when there is nothing that can be done with it. More than likely it won't be for quite some time, as in a year or so. Yeah it's fun to play now and again but with the bugs and lack of being able to properly enforce rules it loses its shimmer as far as DayZRP goes.

Rolle    2937

Problem is, how many people are interested in actual proper RP? As seen from popularity of other Life servers people mostly care for server population, in game features and custom additions, rather than realistic RP. Even here on DayZRP we are a huge minority who put attention to details and prioritize RP to game mechanics or features compared to other DayZ servers.

If we're gonna host a Life server we need a plan to populate it properly first. I don't want it to become another AltisRP.

Quite a few people actually do care about RP. I have played several servers and listened to people complain about trolls and how there is no RP enforced. The proof is in the pudding. Quite a few players here are anxiously awaiting a true AltisRP server. That alone should drive the creation of a server and aid in populating it with more people who seek a true Altis RP experience.

Problem is, how many people are interested in actual proper RP? As seen from popularity of other Life servers people mostly care for server population, in game features and custom additions, rather than realistic RP. Even here on DayZRP we are a huge minority who put attention to details and prioritize RP to game mechanics or features compared to other DayZ servers.

If we're gonna host a Life server we need a plan to populate it properly first. I don't want it to become another AltisRP.

That is my thought too Rolle, I dont think we can muster that many people into an Atlis life server and to make it fun would be hard, also to have specific and unique functions would take a lot of Devs.

tdotdotodt    0

I used to help run an Altis life server...and i know some people that if its worth the switch they willl happily help, i also know some people that came here with me with experience in the rule base ect, we were all admins and sr admins on one for almost a year