Server time: 2017-10-21, 21:26
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Lil_Beefy

Multiple Groups

Lil_Beefy    0

I was having a great old chit-chat with some people on Skype and mid-conversation I had come up with the idea of joining multiple groups. I'll explain more below;

So basically, since I and possibly many others are already discussing what group concepts might/might not work in Standalone and are already planning how we're going to group up within the game, I think it'd be cool (since the mod and standalone are different games) if we could possibly be in two separate groups.

My concept is that if the mod is still rather popular once the Standalone goes full speed ahead, the people who like to play both can have separate groups for the two games.

This sounds pretty straight forward to me. I'd like to hear all of your opinions.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Would be nice but would require 2 separate CP's and group section. Both can be done so I like this :)

Conor    254

Ohh I really like this idea!

Should be pretty simple to implement as well.

Conor    254

I don't think groups should be a thing

An interesting perspective... Maybe you could go into a bit more detail regarding your opinion?

Valkerion    0

I don't think groups should be a thing

Im guessing you just mean official ones right?

I would prefer that people just form them in game as everyone is kind of doing right now it seems to be working out all right so far and I actually enjoy it more the forming of relationships etc.

Rolle    2963

I don't want the current group system on standalone, with KoS rights sharing and other gameplay restrictions or abilities, I want groups to be created naturally in game and consist of seemingly random survivors rather than having big established groups like we have now.

Valkerion    0

I don't want the current group system on standalone, with KoS rights sharing and other gameplay restrictions or abilities, I want groups to be created naturally in game and consist of seemingly random survivors rather than having big established groups like we have now.

I have to agree for the short time i played standalone (less than a few hours) I already like the way groups are forming naturally and the spread of information is limited because theres no group thread to look at like the one I met In Berezino it just feels so much better and I hope it stays like this.

+100000

I Love you man

SweetJoe    390

I Love you man

Ditto

Hatch    0

So no more awesome looking clan threads and information and roleplay used on the forums? If things are just going to be created in game it'll soon get pretty bland.

Mush    2

I love this idea however, I'd still like to see some seemingly large groups, such as NATO, UN etc. - depending on which lore we go with, these will be very good.

Conor    254

So no more awesome looking clan threads and information and roleplay used on the forums? If things are just going to be created in game it'll soon get pretty bland.

You can always make awesome looking roleplay threads to document and blog the IG adventures of your group.

Valkerion    0

What would stop you roleplaying and spreading information on the forums?

Hatch    0

You can always make awesome looking roleplay threads to document and blog the IG adventures of your group.

That's not the same as making a clan thread, I love going on photoshop and making them. Although I do enjoy meeting people randomly ingame it will get rather boring after a while. I want to see bigger clans and medium sized groups who can work clan operations and work better together. Without XML's and approved groups, there will be alot of limitations on what clans can do ingame.

Oldman    22

I agree 100% on this. Do you mean like it was back in the day when you only had kos rights in the direct area and not on the other side of the map?

In stand alone there are not going to be recognizable groups and no xml's so far. I don't see extended kos revenge timer working in this game. 2 hours seems a bit long for someone who could have changed hat/vest ect and be on the other side of the map. It is also very hard for the bandit to see who he robbed since he could have changed his complete appearance by then.

Valkerion    0

That's not the same as making a clan thread, I love going on photoshop and making them. Although I do enjoy meeting people randomly ingame it will get rather boring after a while. I want to see bigger clans and medium sized groups who can work clan operations and work better together. Without XML's and approved groups, there will be alot of limitations on what clans can do ingame.

Why couldnt you do the same but just as a character thread instead? also you could just make a clan thread if you wanted maybe put up posters on a lamppost about your group? but it just wouldnt be "official"

Bigger clans would still function fine the only thing is they wont be able to come across the map and have KOS and what not they would have to actually be in the area.

Almost like how the dynamic group system works in the mod your guys can be almost anywhere as long as they are close enough but still gain KOS if you initiate properly.

Thumper    0

With the way mechanics seem to be working on Standalone, changing your clothing should be allowed and not remove any KOS rights. We will need to completely rework alot of our rules to factor in new mechanics.

Also I love the idea of IG groups forming. No XML. Using your eyes and ears to determine KOS rights.

Grihm    16

Clans and group need to be created ingame. Not pre determined in 5 min and then done..but over some time..2 weeks or so. Make it a requirement for SA groups.

Pegasi    0

I agree. Keep it a fundamentally different social experience so both games stay active and give more variety to players. +1

Lil_Beefy    0

Since we're going to be taking a different route with groups in Standalone, my suggestion still stands. Can we be in a Standalone group while also being in a Mod group?

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Since we're going to be taking a different route with groups in Standalone, my suggestion still stands. Can we be in a Standalone group while also being in a Mod group?

But there won't be any standalone groups.