Server time: 2017-08-18, 12:53

Sign in to follow this  
Prostheticmunky

Has the KoS mentality dropped ?

Unknown Entity    126

I have yet to be KoS on DayZRP.

The first day I think the risk would have been big enough, now it would be community trolls who will end up beeing banned, so not so many worries :)

g8qQLey.png

The whitelist now works so only members of the DayZRP server can get onto the server :thumbsup:

Dougie    23

Great haven't seen anyone kill each other or rob. Although I wouldn't mind taking part in a robbery on either side of it.

Clammy    0

I haven't had any real hostile run ins or been randomly shot at in awhile. How's everyone else's Standalone experience going? Good or bad

Great, I think if anyone KoS's its because they are abusing logs because pretty much everyone knows that the standalone server is only rp.

Glenn    10

Nope got KOSed yesterday.

Clammy    0

I met a Marcus at the base North of NWAF yesterday, was that you Clammy? You seemed nervous and shifty at first but I gave you a chance, #werf.

Yeah haha :P

Only one attempted KoS incident but that's about it and it was before the whitelist

Conor    243

Will I attempted to KOS Safestring yesterday... That was only because he crept up behind Dax and I and scared the shit out of my by shooting his mosin (I thought he was trying to KOS us) so I shot him but luckily I only fired 1 round which hit his vest xD

Oldman    22

Bumped in to two guys so far, one was so friendly I told him the secret about red berries. The only attempted kos I got was from zombies coming at form the other side of town.

Phatal    46

Had an interesting encounter with one 'Kathy Long'. Still not sure if she really did just shoot in the air or shot at me (I wasn't looking when she did it). But other than that it's been pretty nice. Loving it all. wish there were cars and stuff tho...

Had an interesting encounter with one 'Kathy Long'. Still not sure if she really did just shoot in the air or shot at me (I wasn't looking when she did it). But other than that it's been pretty nice. Loving it all. wish there were cars and stuff tho...

That was you? :D

I was with Mark and he said shoot in the air if anything happened. Seeing you walk around like that creeped me out. I shot in the air and he didn't appear so I suspected you of doing something to him, turns out the sound glitch happened so he didn't hear my shot.

Was definitely interesting though, we all crapped ourselves when your guys turned up and started chasing us!

Phatal    46

I was with Mark and he said shoot in the air if anything happened. Seeing you walk around like that creeped me out. I shot in the air and he didn't appear so I suspected you of doing something to him, turns out the sound glitch happened so he didn't hear my shot.

Was definitely interesting though, we all crapped ourselves when your guys turned up and started chasing us!

Eh.. We weren't chasing per say. We had planned a tactic for me to escape from you, what they were going to do was run up and yell "TARGET SPOTTED, NORTH TREE LINE GO GO GO!" but then you lot ran that way..

Eh.. We weren't chasing per say. We had planned a tactic for me to escape from you, what they were going to do was run up and yell "TARGET SPOTTED, NORTH TREE LINE GO GO GO!" but then you lot ran that way..

Oh, haha. We all thought that "Target" was us :P

Will I attempted to KOS Safestring yesterday... That was only because he crept up behind Dax and I and scared the shit out of my by shooting his mosin (I thought he was trying to KOS us) so I shot him but luckily I only fired 1 round which hit his vest xD

hahahaha love it

SykoWolf    0

I should hope so. Since the whitelist is enacted, hopefully the people who are whitelisted respect the rules. If they don't, Im going to be righteously fucked soon enough. My character is hanging around the base he was stationed at, so that puts him in a zone where he's likely to encounter someone.

Frayzies    6

It's really nice to see such a positive response in the way of KoS's in the server lately. It might be cynical, but I half expected there to be a 60/40 ratio or some such in response to this thread. To be able to log into the server and have people follow the rules because they want to and not because they have to seems like it's one of the best feelings in DayZRP so far.

Hex    31

So far I havent had any problems, I've had nothing but friendly/neutral encounters really, probably due to the shitty voice codec that standalone apparently has, it seems to be lagging like crazy.

I think that people have gotten their act together with the possibility that when the admins find people KoSing on standalone they will be permed.

Tomeran    3

I've only been on DayZRP's SA server a few hours and I've already been shot at twice. Even if I've been the victim of bad luck or not, the whitelist on its own is not enough to protect the SA server.

Why? Because this community has grown increasingly toxic and trollish over time, and some asshats -WILL- exploit the fact that we can not enforce our rules in order to fuck around with people and shoot them.

Im a bit more pessimistic here then most I reckon, because I consider us having tools to enforce the rules to be 100% essential for the server to work optimally. Once we get those tools, I'll gladly join the hype-train myself.

Unknown Entity    126

I've only been on DayZRP's SA server a few hours and I've already been shot at twice. Even if I've been the victim of bad luck or not, the whitelist on its own is not enough to protect the SA server.

Why? Because this community has grown increasingly toxic and trollish over time, and some asshats -WILL- exploit the fact that we can not enforce our rules in order to fuck around with people and shoot them.

Im a bit more pessimistic here then most I reckon, because I consider us having tools to enforce the rules to be 100% essential for the server to work optimally. Once we get those tools, I'll gladly join the hype-train myself.

I think you were really unlucky..

I've logged probably 15 hours at least, spent time in all major areas throughout different parts of the day and have not been shot once.

Edit : did almost get robbed, but I ran and got shot, but it wasn't a KoS

Tamaster92    14

Haven't been shot at once yet :D

Though I imagine the most common fresh spawn spots would be the most common rule break spots too so :)

I would say things are much better, but I'm not sure whether that is due to improvements in the community or improvements in enforcement and standards (I suspect both, with an emphasis on the latter..)

I definitely don't think the community is worse off, so far. I remember a year ago when there were KOS reports nearly every day in the Trade Post, of all places, and that was with rules enforced! We're comparing Apples to Oranges here. It's disappointing that some choose to not follow the policies simply because they can't get caught, but do we really think the number of people who did that would have been lower in the past, if there were a SA server implemented? I think it would have been higher, but it certainly would not have been lower, IMO.

Frayzies    6

I'd dare to say this is the case in part because we're still allowing the wrong kind of people into our community. While it might seem benign, I honestly do believe that if the character background requirements and other roleplay related criteria were made to be three, four, five times more strict than they currently are we'd be getting more of the sort of roleplayers DayZRP needs. Yeah, it's a lot of work for those people, but ultimately it's one of those things that at least in my experience helps weed out the trolls.

It ultimately means there would be considerably fewer people coming into our community, though on the reverse it also means those few that do get in are much more likely to be roleplay focused, like-minded people. I'd rather have twenty people on a server that are fantastic roleplayers and respect one another rather than sixty who are simply in it 4 teh loot and 4 der clan, and just happen to have a backstory on the side.

If we look at closed community groups like Shack-Tac you see a quality of player that only comes about through strict and selective acceptance into said community.

Wowee. I don't know what got me off on this tangent.