Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:58

Chernarus History Book BETA

Should DayZRP use this as the official timeline for Chernarus?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5th Century BC: Skyth peoples settle in Chernarus, in the Burnaja and Svetlaya rivers

Early 6th Century: Slavs push out the Skyth from Chernarus

874 AD: The House of Rurik rules over Chernarus, hence the name "Black Rus'"

12th Century: The Principality of Cherna Rus is led by dukes; Duke Kozlov constructs many castles

1157: Chernarus loses a significant part of its Western territory to Takmyr Khanate

1240s: The Kievan Rus' disintegrates due to Mongol Invasions in the east

1252: Taras Kozub, a Chernarussian noble, unites Chernarus as Grand Prince

14th Century: Chernarus gets hit by the Black Death; Thousands die

1558: Chernarus is conquered by the Ottoman Empire

June 18th, 1568: Backed by Russia, Chernarus gains independence once again

1631: The Kozub Dynasty dies out; Due to a royal marriage, a Russian Duke from the House of Romanov rules over Chernarus, and is subsequently absorbed by Russia

August 5th, 1854: A British-Ottoman force invades Chernarus, but the Chernarussians achieve a major victory in the Battle of Primorsk

March 8th, 1905: The Russian Revolution begins

November 8th, 1917: The Bolsheviks succeed in the Revolution, the Chernarus Soviet Republic is formed

August 1941: Chernarus is occupied by Axis forces

February 1944: A Soviet counter-offensive re-captures Chernarus

September 2nd, 1945: Japan surrenders, WWII Ends

February 5th, 1991: Chernarus declares independence as the Soviet Union collapses

1990s: The United States attempts to befriend the Chernarussians due to their strategic location between Russia and Takistan

1995: Ethnic tensions between Chernarussians and Ethnic Russians gives birth to the National Party of Chernarus (NAPA)

May 18th, 1997: NAPA and a Russian seperatist movement begin a civil war

April 2nd, 2000: Chernarussian Civil War ends with UN assistance

2006: The Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star (ChDKZ) is formed by Communist rebels and ethnic Russian seperatists, led by Gregori Lopotev

November 11th, 2008: NAPA raids ChDKZ warehouse

July 12th, 2009: ChDKZ begins war on the Chernarussian Government

August 3rd, 2009: ChDKZ forces occupy Chernogorsk, Capital of the South Zagoria province

August 28th, 2009: Chernarus requests UN assistance in the conflict; The United States is the first to respond

October 9th, 2009: Joint USMC-CDF forces recapture Chernogorsk within hours; ChDKZ retreat

October 11th, 2009: FOB "Manhattan" is constructed to flush out any remaining ChDKZ

October 17th, 2009: The Russian United Nations Security Council decides to overtake the peacekeeping operations in Chernarus

October 19th, 2009: Lopotev captured, Second Chernarussian Civil War ends

June 8th, 2014: Strange disease discovered within wolves in the mountainous Chernarus-Russian border

July 12th, 2014: More information is discovered about the disease. It is given the name of "Necrotizing Rabies"

August 8th, 2014: First human victim, Sergey Bedrich, a hunter, is infected after being attacked by a wolf

August 9th, 2014: Sergey Bedrich is brought to a disease research center in Green Mountain to be studied

August 13th, 2014: His symptoms worsen, and he begins to become highly aggressive

August 22nd, 2014: A researcher became infected as the disease began to show airborne symptoms

September 10th, 2014: A vaccine for the disease is under development, but is hidden from public, as to prevent mass hysteria

September 24th, 2014: A maintenance crew from Berezino inspects troubles in the radio tower, unsuspecting of the events that happened days before. One of them gets infected

September 25th, 2014: Back home, one of the maintenance crewmembers begins to show airborne symptoms, and infects the rest of Berezino. Berezino is put under quarantine

September 27th, 2014: CDF squads arrive in Berezino to halt the spread of the disease, but they are overrun

October 2nd, 2014: The disease spreads to the rest of South Zagoria

October 5th, 2014: The disease spreads to the rest of Chernarus

October 12th, 2014: The vaccine is distributed to the population, but was too late, as 2 million people have already contracted the disease

October 13th, 2014: Only 500,000 people are given the vaccine, the other 3.5 million people are either infected or dead...

October 14th, 2014: DayZ

This is a speculative timeline of Chernarussian events based on real-life historical events, as an RP resource. If you think a section needs to be tweaked (and I'm pretty sure there would be one), PM me to change it. Credits to OxUno for his own timeline, which I assimilated a few events into my own.

• Emerald

Nice, did you write this yourself?

Very interesting.

Yeah... I actually did this in one night...

Haha, you sure did your history right and put a lot of effort in :)

This should be expanded and become an official DayZ resource.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, did you write this yourself?

Very interesting.

Yeah... I actually did this in one night...

Haha, you sure did your history right and put a lot of effort in :)

This should be expanded and become an official DayZ resource.

I approve. Or atleast a server resource to set the date for our RP stories. THe big day is tomorrow after all (19/02/2013)

• Legend

Only problem with the timeline, DayZ clearly occurs in autumn. The larches are all yellow, but have not lost their needles, all the other trees are red or yellow. It's clearly between late September to October depending upon latitude.

Otherwise, great work.

Only problem with the timeline, DayZ clearly occurs in autumn. The larches are all yellow, but have not lost their needles, all the other trees are red or yellow. It's clearly between late September to October depending upon latitude.

Otherwise, great work.

You're right. I forgot about that. That's because the vanilla map is set in September, 2009. PM me all your proposals for event changes, and I'll make a refined timeline in the end, hopefully in a thread posted by Rolle or Winged Ninja.

• Legend

Just move everything from the last section (December 8, 2013) forward six months (to June 8, 2013), making DayZ September 14.

Question, in your timeline past Dayz is there room for the catastrophe to become global or at least localized to the East and Asia?

Hmm... Depending on how long after the spread. I think I said it already has gone global, but this is the "beta" timeline, and I'll gladly take input from everyone to make an official timeline. What I'm mostly focused on is the timeline before 2014. And why 2014? So it wouldn't interfere with the Takistan conflict.

• 2 months later...
  • Legend

Bump for new players

• 4 weeks later...