Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 05:42

Looting your corpse

Astraal

• Emerald

I have now read some reports about breaking the NLR rule by looting your old corpse. I'm now pretty confused about this rule, isnt it allowed to return to your corpse and take your gear back?

2. NEW LIFE RULE (NLR)

2.1 If you die you spawn as a new character in the game. This means you lose all your previous KoS, revenge or vehicle owner rights.

2.2 You cannot rejoin a conflict/firefight/robbery your teammates are involved without make proper contact with the enemy/victim.

This is the NLR. You dont break it by looting your corpse.

• Legend

2. NEW LIFE RULE (NLR)

2.1 If you die you spawn as a new character in the game. This means you lose all your previous KoS, revenge or vehicle owner rights.

2.2 You cannot rejoin a conflict/firefight/robbery your teammates are involved without make proper contact with the enemy/victim.

This is the NLR. You dont break it by looting your corpse.

Ummm, that may be the case today, technically, but some might argue with it. Under the new rules, looting your corpse will be a violation.

"death of your character makes any previous contacts/gear and knowledge void."

I assume this means you can't re-join a fight or go back to recover gear from your body, but you're still a member of your clan, and you can remember where you left your tents in your previous life?

Yes, pretty much.

source: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-new-simpler-rules?pid=52449#pid52449

• Legend

This post from Rolle makes it even more clear. He says it's breaking the rule, period.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-invalid-nlr-polana-factory?pid=35880#pid35880

Here is a toughie.

Would you return to your corpse if a bug killed you? E.g. killed by roots/ rocks

I think the spirit of the NLR rule is not to come back to an area where there has been some hostile actions like a firefight or a robbery since it gives an unfair advantage to the group that robbed/fought you. I personally see no problem of returning to an area for your look if you got killed by a door or something.

• MVP

Here is a toughie.

Would you return to your corpse if a bug killed you? E.g. killed by roots/ rocks

I think the spirit of the NLR rule is not to come back to an area where there has been some hostile actions like a firefight or a robbery since it gives an unfair advantage to the group that robbed/fought you. I personally see no problem of returning to an area for your look if you got killed by a door or something.

Likewise but yeah defo agreed that the previous firefights are out of bounds with NLR.

• Legend

Here is a toughie.

Yes. As if the odds aren't already stacked enough against us as it is.

The other day I was looting the deer stands / medical tents by Balota. Was taking my time, so when I got to the southwest corner, just shy of a dozen zombies had congregated under the deer stand there. Having plenty of grenades, I pressed 'f' until one was armed and tossed it. One survived up in the deer stand. I climbed the ladder and proceed to hack at it with my hatchet ... except ... I had forgotten to cycle the 'f' key back to re-arm my hatchet. BOOM

Since this would never happen in an actual combat situation, I had no problem going back for my stuff.

That's about where I draw the line though. If I had been, for example, driving a motorcycle around at night and hit a rock, that'd probably be a legit death by user negligence.

• Emerald

Good point Sin. I usually follow your guys rules. I didn't even go to check my body after being ambushed with a staged robbery victim the other night.

But if a buddy snaps his neck crawling next to a boulder, I'll wait for him to get his stuff.

EDIT: Perhaps we should suggest a rollback system from admins? If it was a silly death like dying from rock clipping, it's such a shame to lose your "days survived" and other stats from such an accident.