Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:14

Get dotjosh to put the RP mod in dayzcommander

Guest Boris Grigorev

Guest Boris Grigorev

Basically the thread title. Means you won't have people struggling to update and join the server because of not really knowing what to do.

I'm sure some of the donation money could be used to convince him...

• Server Manager

If our mod would appear on DayZ Commander it would overflow our server and lead to creation of other DayZRP servers which may damage our name if the admins are more corrupted than us. Our server would get swarmed with the userbase that the Commander has, hardware wouldn't take it. Would require ordering servers or co-location which takes a lot of time etc. I'm quite satisfied with the size of the community atm :)

If our mod would appear on DayZ Commander it would overflow our server and lead to creation of other DayZRP servers which may damage our name if the admins are more corrupted than us. Our server would get swarmed with the userbase that the Commander has, hardware wouldn't take it. Would require ordering servers or co-location which takes a lot of time etc. I'm quite satisfied with the size of the community atm :)

translation= i want all the money for myself! no one else! :P

Guest Boris Grigorev

there was a small guide on HOW TO use DayZRP Mod with dayz commander. just override dayz location to @dayzrp

Some people don't find this so easy...

Guest Boris Grigorev

As Rolle said, we'd be opening the floodgates to a fuck ton of idiots, hackers and plagiarisers.

Not if the whitelist is still up.

It's a money issue... let's face it.

As Rolle said, we'd be opening the floodgates to a fuck ton of idiots, hackers and plagiarisers.

Not if the whitelist is still up.

It's a money issue... let's face it.

Its not hard for idiots or hackers to get past the white list. Putting the dayzrp mod files up for everyone to download that easily will result in people downloading the mod to look in the config files and copying code to use on their own servers.

Guest Boris Grigorev

What's so wrong with them using the config files? we used their code too you know :)

An eye for an eye.

Also it wouldn't be any different from the server's current situation.

Well the situation probably would change. Plus, the current community is big enough for now, maybe it will need to expand once standalone hits and player cap is raised to 150. Donation money should be used for a better purpose, such as upgrading server hardware, especially with the proposed features of the mod which are likely to put more strain on the server.

What's so wrong with them using the config files? we used their code too you know :)

An eye for an eye.

Also it wouldn't be any different from the server's current situation.

Well this mod is the intellectual property of Rolle and the Dev's. Its their call whether to want to share it or not.

Still, putting it on DayZ Commander would just cause havoc.

Guest Boris Grigorev

Well the situation probably would change. Plus, the current community is big enough for now, maybe it will need to expand once standalone hits and player cap is raised to 150. Donation money should be used for a better purpose, such as upgrading server hardware, especially with the proposed features of the mod which are likely to put more strain on the server.

As long as it goes on server hardware ;)