Server time (UTC): 2021-10-23 14:11

Use ACE files?

Should DayZRP use ACE files?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ACE adds some nice new things for ARMA 2, such as fatigue and weight, but most of all it has a ruck system which fixes the backpack problem, and adds some nice new varieties to the backpacks. Also are some nice bonuses, such as the sound mod (which I only care about because I absolutely HATE the vanilla AK74 sound), and some new playthings such as the SKS and Tokarev (which should replace the Lee-enfield and be a new weapon, respectively). I hope it's even possible to be used, or I'll wet my pants in embarrassment...

EDIT: To be more precise, I'm mostly requesting the ACE rucksacks, which alleviates the backpack problems for Vanilla ARMA 2 Skins. Every other feature is optional.

Guest Vladimir Zombin

The ACE sounds aren't really that good, there are other soundmods which sound really good. Also, integrating ACE in DayZ is a bitch.

Integrating the whole ace with dayz is log proces. However things like avre (radio) and acex_sm (soundmod) is possible, and wont take as long

I'm not saying the whole thing, just the good stuff like rucks and possibly a few weapons.

That is possible, as long as proper credit of course is given.

• Emerald

the m107 sounds and the gun sounds should be put in make it happen jukki and the g17 omg that sound <3

JSRS just kinda kills like 80% of the CPUs due to the extensive load-outs required.

Had it running with dayz+ on my private server and quickly swapped it for ACE sounds. They're no competition for JSRS but surely better than vanilla ARMA sounds. Way better.

Adding the whole ACE package? Don't think thats gonna work. But to incorporate some fancy stuff from the CBO script packages e.g. or un-banning their use would be awesome!

Adding the whole ACE package? Don't think thats gonna work. But to incorporate some fancy stuff from the CBO script packages e.g. or un-banning their use would be awesome!

No, we can't incorporate everything in ACE. But the biggest thing that we need to add in is the Rucksack system in ACE to fix the backpack problem with the custom skins.

Okay so I use ACE and ACRE on a daily basis since I am in a Tactical Regiment. ACE is awesome but it takes a couple gigs to be good (u need ACEX, it completes ACE) ACRE requires TS and therefore people have to be in the Same TS and it would take a long time to explain. I say no due to the reason that it is realistic but would require lots of space and that u have to be in TS. It's a good idea but sorry just don't believe it is worth it.

We havent noticed anything like that colosus during our testing. Our problem was that we didn know half of the key combos xD

Half of the time all we did was lay down on the ground not moving ._.

We havent noticed anything like that colosus during our testing. Our problem was that we didn know half of the key combos xD

Half of the time all we did was lay down on the ground not moving ._.

Not realy. After i figured out what buttons did that i nevwr realy got it againg ;)

Guest Master Microwave

SMK isn't problematic at all, infact, it's fantastic. The only issue is figuring out all the key combo's, there are multiple guides for it and it's amazing. Super handy and really cool.