Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 11:02

Ban appeal angoloz

Guest Boris Grigorev

Guest Boris Grigorev

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-major-mayhem-gets-exited

As you did not stop and follow the instructions , you failed to comply to follow the instructions of the bandit. Logs show that there was a four minute gap between the two first kills which supports Majors PoV.

This case was also brought up in a report discussion and was declared legit there aswell, yet a real report was made. This kill is legit according to rule 1.3

The victim you are robbing/kidnapping is not complying or is trying to escape. If the victim escapes and you lost sight of him you have 10 minutes to find him or you must make contact again.[/Quote]

Angoloz will be punished with a ban for false report. As he already is on a 70% warning level, the ban will be permanent.

I am appealing the ban of Angoloz, due to the fact that I do feel that he did not receive a fair judgement and the punishment was too harsh. I understand that Angoloz's track record is not clean. Rather it is far from it, however I feel that this (and his poor english and flaming) is allowing Tazoo to make a judgement and punish to his accords based on his track record RATHER than actually read the report.

Firstly the message was sent 4 minutes prior to the event, as quoted in the logs. I myself know that this is the generic message that Majormayhem posts when people approach the "NCR Outpost" without known intent announces, to ensure he is not dealing with people hostile to NCR. This "robbery" message, does not entail drop your gun etc. Rather it is asking people to identify themselves. This is not a reference point for when the robbery started, however it is being treated as such.

From Angoloz's point of view he ran off after clockwork was killed, which is a legit kill on Majormayhem's behalf however Tazoo did not look into the fact that he was surrounded by zombies, he just pieced that the time difference between the "identification message" and Angoloz dying was too great for him to be complying. This is word against word, and Major did not make any reference to the fact he was being chased by zombies, which was a key focus of the report.

Angoloz's kill was legit, by all means due to him escaping. However Major's kill on clockwork was not. Therefore Tazoo should not be taking face value and handling reports like a robot and not looking as to why Major may have broken the rules.

The number of false ban appeals has increased, and the number of bans on the offenders have decreased. If you could pay attention to these reports: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-northwest-elektro and http://www.dayzrp.com/t-nlr-violation-kos-cherno you can see that warnings were issued when a repeat offender was continually making reports. It is to our knowledge that he has never made a false KoS report before. Therefore the maximum logical punishment if this was to be treated as false KoS report would be a 5-point warning, not an instant ban from Tazoo.

I would also like to add that Tazoo has given Mrbling, possibly the worst offender for false reports slack for continually making false reports. I do not want to turn this into "clan against clan" however I cannot help but feel that Tazoo has shown some bias into this judgement as Mrbling does have some ties with Tazoo.

If you take my point of views into account, perhaps you could see why I, and all of S-GRU feel that this verdict is quite unjust. The report is word against word due to a lack of evidence on both sides and some confused logs and should be treated as such.

Thanks for reading, and on a slightly more harsh note:

We'd like Tazoo not to be the GM who handles the reports of any S-GRU member, we have stated this before due to his personal ties. I gave him the benefit of the doubt once, however the result was unsatisfactory and I can't help but feel he's resorted to pre-judging the KoS reports made by/against our members.

Thanks once again.

Boris and the S-GRU family

P.S. I would also like to add that at no point in the report did Major make reference to his warning of identification as being the reason why he shot the other two people.

The number of false ban appeals has increased, and the number of bans on the offenders have decreased. If you could pay attention to these reports: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-northwest-elektro and http://www.dayzrp.com/t-nlr-violation-kos-cherno you can see that warnings were issued when a repeat offender was continually making reports. It is to our knowledge that he has never made a false KoS report before. Therefore the maximum logical punishment if this was to be treated as false KoS report would be a 5-point warning, not an instant ban from Tazoo.

I was dragged into this. I recieved a ban strike as I should, and I had another removed after PM's were passed between me and a few GMs.

Guest Boris Grigorev

I gave evidence that he wasn't treated fairly, you just happened to be a subject of it. I did not mean to cause offence.

Alright, understood. I'm just saying, I recieved full punishment for the offenses, but I was able to revoke one of the strikes through PM's.

It wasn't a matter of receiving punishments, it's a matter of the type of punishment dealt.

Anyway, let's stop filling the thread up with clutter.

I'll throw my two cents in here, though it's worth significantly less due to my direct involvement here.

As for my kill on Clockwork, the justification came from about ~2 - 3 seconds after I sent the message, Angoloz performs a 180 degree turn and breaks LoS behind a wall.

Now, Algoloz as well as the other parties involved said they were in a group (this is important). From that point on, I consider the two to not be following my instructions; the rules do not make clear on individual guilt vs group guilt in disobeying orders. I'm immediatly faced with two people heading in different directions, which in no way looks like compliance.

So, Clockwork is killed, and Angoloz some time later.

However, a third member of the group (Kira) then kills me pretending to be a uninvolved party, when in-fact he was directed by the other two to kill me despite not being directly involved.

This is an area the rules could do with clearing up. If one individual disobeys a instruction, does that apply to the entire group? In a scenario of a group vs group combat, this isn't a huge problem, but in individuals vs group, it becomes a major issue. If what Boris is saying is to be taken, then I would have been forced to illogicaly babysit clockwork to disarm him while Angoloz or Kira ran up behind me and shot me.

Angoloz's kill was legit, by all means due to him escaping. However Major's kill on clockwork was not. Therefore Tazoo should not be taking face value and handling reports like a robot and not looking as to why Major may have broken the rules.

Probably because I followed the rules. With the situation as it was (a chopper up for grabs), it is easy to understand why a group of people add their voices in a report in the hope for some small vengence and that the admins read it as a single figure obviously wronged a group. Certain groups on this forum appear to have become exeptionally good at this (not the group in question, however.).

If you are robbing a group of people and they all disperse in different directions, what do you do? They are not complying, the rules are clear.

If you take my point of views into account, perhaps you could see why I, and all of S-GRU feel that this verdict is quite unjust. The report is word against word due to a lack of evidence on both sides and some confused logs and should be treated as such.

The weight of evidence is on my side; the forms for "robbery" (in this case it was more of a disarmament, but WIHDM) were observed, with a inital message, disobediance of this message and the concequences that follow. Any arguement about zombies preventing obedience are shown to be flawed when Angoloz made a dash for it.

Guest Boris Grigorev
Now' date=' Algoloz as well as the other parties involved said they were in a group (this is important). From that point on, I consider the two to not be following my instructions; the rules do not make clear on individual guilt vs group guilt in disobeying orders. I'm immediatly faced with two people heading in different directions, which in no way looks like compliance.[/quote']

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-cherno-medical-tents This was a punishment served to angoloz for killing a compliant victim after his friend killed Tortov.

As much as I feel that the rulings in both cases would be complete horseshit (what do terrorists do when they take hostages?). This is RDM based from this report too. From what you did say however, you are saying that you can't run from zombies when contact is made.

As for my kill on Clockwork' date=' the justification came from about ~2 - 3 seconds after I sent the message, Angoloz performs a 180 degree turn and breaks LoS behind a wall.[/quote']

This statement shows that the timing of the logs are wrong surely? If that message was sent then using VOIP to give instructions.

This report should have been word against word. That's all.

• MVP

Tazoo asked the suggestions of all the Gms in our admin chat. All online members at that time [ ~4 of us ] agreed with the ruling, All rulings in the past week or so have been agreed upon by at least two GM's,which has been in affect for ~2 weeks now, this is in hopes of solving any issues with unfair ruling and unjust ruling behavior.

This said, i will speak and discuss the possibility of a 5 point warning which would remove his perma ban and bring up up to ~80% warning.

Guest Boris Grigorev

The problem I have is that GMs will look down on him as with his recent history. Now with the 3-strike rule this is a tricky one, because it increases the probability that any player who has been playing for a while and has a bad phase will get banned.

He's got a shite history with his flaming, KoS and bans, but even if you do see this as a false report. Remember, this is his last chance, go nice with him when you guys have been nice with repeat offenders of this type, it feels like you want him off the server because of the way he's behaved lately. In which case it'd be better if you just came out and said it that way.

If I'm not mistaken also asked for one of his bans because he was too mad to be on the shoutbox too.

After discussing it with the staff, it has been decided to revoke Angoloz' permaban. 5 warning points will be issued to compensate for the false report.

In no way was this based upon his history, he is wanted here on DayZRP, but we felt that a 10 point was fair as it's been used as a punishment for false reports in the past a lot.

Welcome back, Angoloz. I suggest waiting on the robberies for a while to let your warning level get lower.

The problem I have is that GMs will look down on him as with his recent history. Now with the 3-strike rule this is a tricky one, because it increases the probability that any player who has been playing for a while and has a bad phase will get banned.

He's got a shite history with his flaming, KoS and bans, but even if you do see this as a false report. Remember, this is his last chance, go nice with him when you guys have been nice with repeat offenders of this type, it feels like you want him off the server because of the way he's behaved lately. In which case it'd be better if you just came out and said it that way.

If I'm not mistaken also asked for one of his bans because he was too mad to be on the shoutbox too.

Correct, and he did not receive any warning points for that, as I was the one who issued said ban.