Server time: 2017-10-24, 02:24
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Grihm

A few tips on computer optimizations.

Grihm    16

Not every task in optimization is an easy one, so here is a few tips that is up to one and each to do if they wish.

Take Note of that if you have an SSD, do NOT defrag it or let the program defrag it for you. Not the end of the world if you do, but it´s recomended to have that function turned off in your computer by default anyways.

1: Download Advanced Systems Care 8.

It is a freeware with options to purchase the fullversion if you wish, but the free one works fine.

It scans your computer and takes care of a number of problems and tweaks. Cleans up old files, shortcuts and registry problems. Creates safe savepoints before actions are taken so you can re-roll if problems happens. Never had one problem with it for years of usage.

2: Install Driver Booster.

It is a freeware with options to purchase the fullversion if you wish, but the free one works fine.

Same function, but it scans your computer and checks your driversituation for more than you are used to check yourself. After it has checked it, it downloads the latest drivers for you, installs them and you are done. As simple as breathing.

3: Make sure your graphicsdrivers are up to date.

Yes, driverbooster i know, but graphicsdrivers tend to be Betas, and very stable betas. Use those as well and read on the forums on what they improve.

Part from that, a number of small things can also do wonders for your gamingrig.

* Make sure all filters and fans are dust free. Just because your computer is ”only” 6 month´s old, i bet you there is dust in it somewhere.

* Know your computers limits. If you have an old i3 and an older card or less than 8 gigabytes of ram, perhaps streaming and playing at high settings is not for you. Don´t worry. You can do that another time, but for now, focus on the game instead.

* Unnecessary settings ingame. If the game is laggy, drop settings. No one will think less of you if you don´t max all bars to the top. Make the game fluid instead.

* Soundquality on TS etc. This can be tricky, but go on TS and ask for help if you don´t know how all settings work. Sometimes even a small change can make the biggest change.

This is just a few points, and there are as many tricks as there are gamers.

Smith    1

Chrome blocked my download of Advanced System Care 8, so it seems pretty sketchy. What's up with that?

I do not recommend adv. system care, its always been sketchy for me, but maybe that's just me.

Grihm    16

Chrome blocked my download of Advanced System Care 8, so it seems pretty sketchy. What's up with that?

Well they work by a default pattern, so i don´t know. I use Firefox and it works fine. I have had 0 problems with ASC with years of use. It´s not like in the old days with dial up modems being targeted by files. Some browsers will flag certain things with no real reason.

I do not recommend adv. system care, its always been sketchy for me, but maybe that's just me.

Sketchy how?

Sorry I had this program mixed up with something else that I believe is malware, forgot the name however. Apologies.

Grihm    16

Sorry I had this program mixed up with something else that I believe is malware, forgot the name however. Apologies.

No worries friend =)

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Installed DriverBooster, ran it, everything worked good. Rebooted my PC as instructed and now it won't recognize that my headset is plugged in. I am stupid and do not know how to fix, send help.

EDIT: Got it working. My front audio jacks have disabled themselves for some reason so I just used the back ones.

TomG    0

Installed DriverBooster, ran it, everything worked good. Rebooted my PC as instructed and now it won't recognize that my headset is plugged in. I am stupid and do not know how to fix, send help.

Reinstall drivers?

Grihm    16

Could be that the settings got defaulted. Check your soundcard settings or onboard settings if you wish, but rear connections is always prefered. I dissabled my fronts av even took away it´s onboard connection by removing the cables.

If you have a soundcard, you should always plug it in via the actual soundcard on the back for better performance and to actually use the card itself.

Sign in to follow this