Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:22
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
hescalbarrier

Proofreading?

Question

I recently got rejected for my whitelist application so I revised it. I was hoping someone could proofread for me and tell me if I am missing anything:

KOS stands for "Killing On Sight." The rule for this server says that you may not fire upon someone unless you give them warning of your intentions first, however you may not bait/antagonize a player into coming to fight you. The other player must know your intentions before you engage them. You may take up to two hours after the first engagement to track down your target. The only exception is the "Good Samaritan" clause. This says that if you witness a crime going on (i.e potential murder/thievery) to a person you don't have any relation to. As for the bandits, you must make sure that if you are robbing someone or keeping someone captive that they are to stay out of harms way. You may not execute your captives unless you have a legitimate reason like if the posed a threat or they did not comply with your demands. You must keep your captives in good health(i.e feeding them, healing them, and protecting them). One way to prevent KOS is if you confirm your target. If you change skins or any part of your appearance your previous revenge time is null and void. If you are being held against your will and decide to do a suicide mission and die, you may not contact your friends explaining to them what happened on threat of banishment. One example of how this is used in roleplay is if you met someone in town but you met suddenly, you both had weapons and you scared each other, normally you would open fire and say good luck but the rule states you must speak to them first.

5 answers to this question

Terra    1449

Moved to questions so it does not get lost in offtopic.

Rick    19

You may take up to two hours after the first engagement to track down your target.

Elaborate on this more. What happens if they comply; do you still gain the 2 hour KOS? What if they have clan mates in the area, how do they fit into this?

The only exception is the "Good Samaritan" clause. This says that if you witness a crime going on (i.e potential murder/thievery) to a person you don't have any relation to.

You cut yourself off here. Make sure you explain it fully, keeping in mind when you can and can't use it.

One example of how this is used in roleplay is if you met someone in town but you met suddenly, you both had weapons and you scared each other, normally you would open fire and say good luck but the rule states you must speak to them first.

This isn't a great example. Try to think of one that doesn't just involve two people running away from one another.

Those are the main problems I saw, hope it helps :)

Owen    14

For the GS rule you need to hear it happening for you to directly be involved. This means if you see someone 800m being robbed you can't engage at that distance. Furthermore you need to add details about how you gain KoS on people and vice versa with examples. I would highly recommend adding as many examples as you can to show your understanding. Feel free to pm me if you need any further help with this.

Terra    1449

For the GS rule you need to hear it happening for you to directly be involved. This means if you see someone 800m being robbed you can't engage at that distance. Furthermore you need to add details about how you gain KoS on people and vice versa with examples. I would highly recommend adding as many examples as you can to show your understanding. Feel free to pm me if you need any further help with this.

Your explanation for the GS-rule here Owen is not correct.

The GS-rule is here to help people you dont know. If you are 800meters away and you are sure you see a robbery happening, you can shoot if you can save the victim. But for your own safety you should better hear it to make sure it is 100% a robbery or it would be KOS.

edef304dfe.png

Your whitelist App is not detailed enough. Give examples like StarWars suggested.

RoryJam    0

Solving this as you have an In-Game name, meaning that you were successful in white-listing. Good Luck out there and welcome!

/Solving.