Server time: 2017-10-21, 01:22
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Clammy

Possible Modifications to Vehicles

Clammy    0

Just a few Idea's I thought maybe could have been implemented

If we could make this, bare in mind this would need A LOT of parts, but would it be possible to make this by upgrading the chopper in some way? :

hqdefault.jpg

Maybe adding a chinook? (If it is not already implemented) :

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe a make-shift car that someone may have invented? :

xWMXXXD.jpg

What are your thoughts?

GriefSlicer    1

Would require permission from the DayZ Origins developers seeing they made those vehicles though

Heroz_Nick    21

Developers of other Mods are known for not giving away their secrets unfortunately :L

Owen    14

The first one is just a flying fortress and looks very glitchy. Also it looks very overpowered due to having multiple lmgs located on it.

Second suggestion is similar to the first. It has many high powered weapons on it. From experience small arms fire has little effect on the Chinook. It would be like the armed Mi17. A flying tank.

The last option looks viable. Something made by survivors and looks pretty balanced.

Also the first one looks a bit odd and I would be confused if I see that flying around. The last one is the only one I like. Also other mods are very reluctant to give up their material.

I like the last one, good idea. However, I doubt anyone but a highly skilled mechanic can build a car from loose parts.

Red    247

I like the last one, good idea. However, I doubt anyone but a highly skilled mechanic can build a car from loose parts.

We will need the guy from Dead Rising 3 to make his appearance in game.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

We will need the guy from Dead Rising 3 to make his appearance in game.

Well I am right here, you know... My new character is a diploma-having machine wreko-constructing genius form Germany. Or any other german mechanic will do :)

Grihm    16

-Buggy Flying Fortress-

Buggy you say? Skip to 9:50

[video=youtube]

Where on earth would that be any realistic at all, or working for that matter. Yes i know we dont have RL zombies (yet) but that is just an abomination of game mechanics put together. That belongs in "comedy" games, not DayZRP.

IAmJackBandit    79

I agree that the flying fortress is unrealistic and also too op for me...the chinook is also op and as far as the last one goes, I just think it a bit weird for dayzrp lore but thats my opinion. Also I think that Bohemia has made it that any developer of dayz mods has to share their mod now or something like that...can someone correct me if I am worng?

It'd be hilarous to see the flying fortress flying around, you'd need like you're clan on 24/7 to manage it though, when you run out of gas you are screwed.

Guest kipaja2   
Guest kipaja2

I like it, would have a more surivor kinda feel

Rifleman    14

The Flying base is extremely glitchy and is OP due to the number of LMG's on it.

The Chinook is a flying tank and is pretty much invulnerable to small arms fire - similar to the Merlin.

And as for the makeshift car, it would be an extreme stretch of realism to build a car from scratch, and we'd also need permission from the Origins dev's.

Just a few Idea's I thought maybe could have been implemented

If we could make this, bare in mind this would need A LOT of parts, but would it be possible to make this by upgrading the chopper in some way? :

hqdefault.jpg

This may work tbh as long as they are no working guns on it ?

The Flying base is extremely glitchy and is OP due to the number of LMG's on it.

The Chinook is a flying tank and is pretty much invulnerable to small arms fire - similar to the Merlin.

And as for the makeshift car, it would be an extreme stretch of realism to build a car from scratch, and we'd also need permission from the Origins dev's.

I DO BELIEVE that the laws have change where you do not need permission in Arma to borrow parts from other mods

I don't see the problem with a flying fortress, it could be good for RP and survivor made vehicles is just awesome! It looks a bit over the top but yeah but I think we should have some fun. People keep mentioning it's glitchy, where have you gotten that from? It seems perfectly fine.

I don't think the guns would be OP if you made it start with 0 ammo and you had to load it in yourself.

If it's true that mod creators have to share their mod it wouldn't be impossible to add this. Although you would have to add all the repair objects to the loottables too.

Grihm    16

Seems we lost some perspective on the server and there are to many different parts in one stew.

This is more of a Mad Max addition imo.