Server time: 2017-10-23, 19:05
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Krieger

Altis Life RP What would you want?

Since we know we will soon be seeing Altis Life RP what features would you like to see put in the server? Post your suggestions here.

Husky    0

Have to agree with J.D, looked at some of the featuers and that looks really cool

Teas    1

I thought that the system Asylum has is cool, so if there was a way to have something along the lines of that it would be nice.

http://www.gaming-asylum.com/

This^. The features described here sound fantastic.

Other things I can think of:

Ownable property, everyone needs to have somewhere to hang their hat. Is it possible to have keys to lockable doors to buildings? And to that end an "Estate agent" to buy and sell houses, much like the DMV. It works for vehicles so perhaps it is.

This opens doors, pun intended, to burglary and home invasion for all you scallywags out there. Also it makes more sense for civs to own a weapon legally for home protection, rather than concealed day to day carry.

Seperate whitelist for police forces. They have to be recruited and undergo formal training, rather than any old Tom, Dick or Harry rolling with a badge. Although corrupt police are an interesting thing to have to deal with and overcome. Or indeed a handy asset should they be on your pay roll.

I will come up with more but I'm at work and need to do busy stuff.

Snipers

-For police recruitment, I suggest you create a test that generates different questions about police RP and rules and situations, and you'll have limited time to complete the test. Then you can be like, if you have 80% or more correct, you can be a trial cop. (?)

Mellstrom    21

Companies and businesses. It doesn't make much sense that as a mechanic you have to buy a tow truck yourself or as a pilot, save up for a jet plane.

Companies and businesses. It doesn't make much sense that as a mechanic you have to buy a tow truck yourself or as a pilot, save up for a jet plane.

Yeah right, like every pilot has his own airplane.. Maybe a small discount, I would like that instead.

Mellstrom    21

Yeah right, like every pilot has his own airplane.. Maybe a small discount, I would like that instead.

Or maybe some money will be drawn from your account every few hours or so. It will act as you rented it.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

A whitelist application for items such as Police force and Services. I would also like to see a news channel implemented, with a helicopter that would broadcast around.

This is very nice as well. Major and minor companies, that would specify in their own items. Medicine, cars, even mercenary and bodyguard ones. You could set up a major mercenary service, like RSM here. That would be awesome.

But a news channel is N1 for me atm.

Snipers

-For police recruitment, I suggest you create a test that generates different questions about police RP and rules and situations, and you'll have limited time to complete the test. Then you can be like, if you have 80% or more correct, you can be a trial cop. (?)

+999 Good idea.

Mellstrom    21

A whitelist application for items such as Police force and Services. I would also like to see a news channel implemented, with a helicopter that would broadcast around.

Unarmed drones would be put in good use here

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Unarmed drones would be put in good use here

Yes! I am buying Arma3 just for the news.

KingAlmond    0

I can vouch for British, I was second lead there(at ARP) behind Sota. British was a great developer, had great ideas, and was very active. Good luck with this :D!

Hex    31

The base mod for AltisLife is pretty good, but things I would like to see would be the things many of the other mods have that make it so good.

- Persistant player bought houses

- Persistant gangs

- A well structured police force

- More clothing options ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26244 , http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26648 , http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21616 )

- More weapon options for civilians/rebels/cops

- More vehicle options

- More job options ( hunters, PMC, vigilante, ect.. )

- Places to sit down, relax and RP ( Bar's, clubs, ect.. )

- Some sort of skill system ( it puts a larger penalty on dying when you have a high skilled character )

I've got quite a few suggestions for a AltisRP, I really wanted to be a Dev/GM for that community but it closed much to fast.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Not too sure what I want but unless this offers something different to the more established Altis Servers I'd rather not switch

Grihm    16

Whitelisting applications for certain areas, such as cops and bandits etc. Anything that has any real "power" over the other comunity.

I would love to see something done to the weather so it´s not just sunny days and bright starfilled nights. Rains for days, wind and storms, a more gritty dirty feel to it as if no one has cleand the streets or anything in month´s.

J.D.    2

Snipers

I was an officer on black wing gaming for a while and we had a number of tests we had to complete. These included an oral and practical test with a number of modules.

New recruits would come in as cadets and after their trial and exams would become officers.

As you got higher in rank you could buy better gear.

Hex    31

The one thing I really would like to see is the tazer weapons for police.

On many of the Altis life servers I play on, every cop gets a tazer rifle, not a close range one might I add. I would really hope police have a tazer pistol ( or a very close range tazer rifle ) and then a lethal weapon, forcing officers to choose between taking the criminal alive and getting a bigger reward or killing them and not getting anything

I agree with JD on that server's features. They are really cool. I also like the idea someone had of skills and if you die you lose them. It might actually promote respecting the life you have worked for. As far as the businesses go. I think taxi drivers and tow trucks and what not would be really cool as well to promote more realistic RP. I think in vanilla all cops have tazer pistols and they carry a lethal rifle if I am not mistaken.

Bob    0

From what i've heard theres gonna be mods eg. TFR and other mods, i've also recently made scripts for stuff like airsoft, skydiving and prison breaking. Would be cool for those to be added in. And what also would be great is Rolle to reply to my PM on the AL forums about deving :/

Teas    1

Well, with a little help last night I got my Arma 3 working. Going to dip into those Asylum servers tonight. They have 5 servers, all capped at 100 players, all full.

I think we could be on to a winner making the RP server. Much +1's.

From what i've heard theres gonna be mods eg. TFR and other mods, i've also recently made scripts for stuff like airsoft, skydiving and prison breaking. Would be cool for those to be added in. And what also would be great is Rolle to reply to my PM on the AL forums about deving :/

Give him some time. You might pm him here. He posted in the introductions section that he will have limited availabilty for a while. Just hang in there.