Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:37

Sign in to follow this  
Doc

Structure Building Rules

Doc    3

Just wanted to see a set of rules posed about base/structure building now that walls and buildings can be put up through the use of the building manuals. What do you guys think some of the rules should be for something like this?

Just a few suggested rules:

- All building projects should be planned out and finished out in order to not clutter the map.

- Bases and camps should not be placed in or on major loot hubs.

Fee free to discuss!

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Nope, construct what you want where you want unless it's breaking abuse of game mechs. Otherwise it is unrealistic.

Doc    3

Just remember guys and gals, give some constructive suggestions or concerns, don't turn this into a "yes" or "no" rittled thread. If you agree, pose some rules. If not, state why rather than down vote it!

Frozen    45

Just wanted to see a set of rules posed about base/structure building now that walls and buildings can be put up through the use of the building manuals. What do you guys think some of the rules should be for something like this?

- All building projects should be planned out and finished out in order to not clutter the map.

Fee free to discuss!

Define major loot hubs?

glowreef    0

I think a defined set of 'donts' is appropriate, but otherwise build where you like

- Don't build in a way that abuses game mechanics

- Don't build to grief - ex Metal wall roadblocks shutting down entire roads for kms

- Don't abuse the currently busted build mechanics while they're still being developed (zero cost walls)

But if someone really wants to build a fortified bunker in the middle of NWAF, more power to them. Doesnt seem like the kind of structure someone would hold for long, but go for it.

Yuval    2

Loot topic, with ration, no probs taking a low spawn rate building, and enforcing, but nothing like barracks, also blocking buildings should be forbidden, thats about it.

Fozzy    2

Loot topic, with ration, no probs taking a low spawn rate building, and enforcing, but nothing like barracks, also blocking buildings should be forbidden, thats about it.

Is there a way to make doors that lock? Or what do you mean by 'taking' ?

Doc    3

Fee free to discuss!

Define major loot hubs?

Places like NWAF, NEAF, Cherno, and Stary.

Yuval    2

I meant blocking entrances to spawn points, making them unusable for others.

Pretty much play by Epoch rules, no blocking off of major loot spawns - Such as; Barracks, entrances to compounds, hospitals, supermarkets, etc.

Fozzy    2

But there isn't a way to make it so you can enter it though can you? Would seem pretty pointless

Yuval    2

But there isn't a way to make it so you can enter it though can you? Would seem pretty pointless

This is pointed at trolls, IE a guy blocking the barracks so people won't be able to loot them, have already seen this stuff around RP.

Owen    13

I feel if it brings good rp and is in a location where major loot doesn't spawn, yeah build on it. Regarding the planning permission, this would be good as it forces people to build in specific places, similar to an area of land which can be bought. Furthermore you can argue that it should only have a set amount of tents and cars within it which can be kept. It means that vechiles are around the map instead if being used as stashes. I also feel that they shouldn't be allowed for road blocks ss sandbags and tank trap kits do the job fine. Having it as a road block is a bit to op imo.

FireMatt    1

On a sidenote, if any players encounter a wall blocking off a building completely notify an Admin and we will remove it when we can.

Grihm    16

On a sidenote, if any players encounter a wall blocking off a building completely notify an Admin and we will remove it when we can.

Question. Is there a possible way to track whom put up what via scripts or logs?

Prince    93

If people can build a base on nwaf and keep it defended good for them. I think that there is a natural discouragement to building on high loot spawn and that is bandits. I think whoever makes a base on a high loot spawn would eventually give up on the base because of that reason.

Laurence Taylor    3

I Agree with the majority here; we shouldn't be restricted to much on what we can do. just no obvious trolling or a anything that effects other players experience's

Grihm    16

Sure build away, but not on an area that spawns gear and not blocking off entrances to "public" locations.

Doc    3

I Agree with the majority here; we shouldn't be restricted to much on what we can do. just no obvious trolling or a anything that effects other players experience's

I agree on free build, but I'm just worried about clutter! People who want to build homes or bases, should finish their projects.

Laurence Taylor    3

I agree on free build, but I'm just worried about clutter! People who want to build homes or bases, should finish their projects.

I agree, but the book is very rare and also are the materials. it takes a lot of man power/time for something to become complete.

Hex    31

Perhaps to keep map clutter to a manageable level, groups that plan on making large bases can submit the location to the staff, that way if the camp ever becomes abandoned or run down, the staff can ask said group if they plan on returning to fix it, if not then they can remove it.

Not a perfect plan, but it keeps everything from being a massive mess.

Leonidas    0

I agree with building restrictions by keeping buildings from blocking high loot areas. Not only the troll aspect but also to keep the only RP for non affiliated persons limited to victim of robbery and murder.

Rolle    2450

Question. Is there a possible way to track whom put up what via scripts or logs?

Yes, we can see who built what, when and where.

Grihm    16

Yes, we can see who built what, when and where.

Awesome! Thank you =)

Guest Bourneco   
Guest Bourneco

Pretty much play by Epoch rules, no blocking off of major loot spawns - Such as; Barracks, entrances to compounds, hospitals, supermarkets, etc.

What if a hostile clan wanted to board up a certain building to make it unusable by a friendly clan? It'd make resource-wars a lot more realistic. But make it so you can TAKE THEM DOWN. At least, wooden walls. Metal should require a crowbar and a toolkit.