Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Cedrea

New map - Namalsk with tweaks

Would you welcome this change?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome this change?

Cedrea    1

I know, I know, there must be over 9000 other threads about this out there but there are some points I'd like to (most likely were addressed in the past) address them to the current community(because many people left and many joined since then)

The most common argument made when a new map is suggested is that it's been tried before and it did not work. I can completely understand that, but it's already been 2 years of Chernarus on dayzRP only. Everyone knows the map very well and this leads to very repetitive gameplay and very predictable hot spots.

A new map like Namalsk would bring on the table features like:

- cold(people have been asking for this for a long long time)

- blowouts(which if would only take place once per 2/3 hours)

- different terrain and since it is a smaller map it would make random player interaction a thing you would see more common than now.

- bloodsuckers

- others(please post in the comments if you think there are any)

Negative points:

- the map would require some tweaking

- bug fixing. Most likely there are plenty of bugs that would need to be fixed

- the map is working on a old dayz version. It would need to be brought up to the new version

- others(please post in the comments)

What do you guys think about it? Would it be a nice break from Chernarus? Is it not necessary at all?

Rolle    2973

We can do Namalsk but only with Epoch, if that's something you're interested in.

DinoB    20

I'd love to play on Namalsk, most definitely, but this will most likely not happen. A lot of people don't like change, even if it's for the better, and always when we had an other sever with a different map, noone played on it, they just went where the rest of the population was.

Don't get me wrong, I want a 2nd sever with Namalsk on it, but I don't think the rest of the community thinks like me.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

+1 The only thing, groups like CRA/CLF would become NULL. But still, thats something to deal with if we do change maps.

Also Poll?

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

We can do Namalsk but only with Epoch, if that's something you're interested in.

hmmm, interesting, worth a try I would say

Moxy    19

Namalsk + Epoch new new system where clothes with jackets in the Exchange actually keep you warm = Yes.

DinoB    20

Rolle pls

Cedrea    1

I was never a big fan of Epoch in the past mainly because there would be so much random constructions around.

I would sure love to give it a try through if it isn't too much trouble for the dev team.

Rolle    2973

Fun fact: we can enable Epoch with existing DayZRP mod and it will work just fine, with exchange skins working and vehicles available. Fun stuff, tested yesterday. You only need to add "[email protected]" in the DayZRP Launcher. Think about that for a while, I'll go work on Altis in the meantime :P

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Fun fact: we can enable Epoch with existing DayZRP mod and it will work just fine, with exchange skins working and vehicles available. Fun stuff, tested yesterday. You only need to add "[email protected]" in the DayZRP Launcher. Think about that for a while, I'll go work on Altis in the meantime :P

So 2-3 servers?

1 normal

1 Epoch (again?)

1 Epoch Namalsk?

or just normal DayZRP and epoch namalsk?

Rolle    2973

So 2-3 servers?

1 normal

1 Epoch (again?)

1 Epoch Namalsk?

or just normal DayZRP and epoch namalsk?

Be realistic, we can't even fill a single server ;)

broz70    0

stick to Namalsk for at least a month. If the servers populations starts to dwindle then i guess switch back?

We could at least try it?

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Be realistic, we can't even fill a single server ;)

Because Cherno is as boring as fuck :P

Just edit the absolutely crap out of Epoch and I think it *could* work. RP on Altis just feels weird, I don't see it being taken seriously. It might be fun, but I have never seen any RP videos that were actual serious RP from Altis.

The ARMA 2 mod (although buggy as shit) is still quite easily playable. I don't see anything wrong with the mod itself (in general). Perhaps we should allow a new path of the lore to be explored from the players POV in Namalsk?

Clans can send "expeditions" or CTC can recruit civilians for colonisation of the island and/or some sort of dramatic mission.

#FINDPATIENTZERO

Owen    16

The only thing I don't like about Epoch is that everyone will be running around collecting weapons and gold to build a base and little RP will take place. That is what I found when we last had Epoch. Though Namalsk would be nice to visit due to its new settings and map location. I'd like to see more of an RP focus in Epoch if it was enabled rather than going to a NPC and selling stuff.

Thumper    0

Only way it will work is to place restrictions on building. No super sky complexes, must be realistic..blah blah.

Cedrea    1

I thought about it for a bit.. The shops can be removed right? If yes, they should be in my opinion. Things would be way too easy that way.

Mikachu    26

The only thing I don't like about Epoch is that everyone will be running around collecting weapons and gold to build a base and little RP will take place. That is what I found when we last had Epoch. Though Namalsk would be nice to visit due to its new settings and map location. I'd like to see more of an RP focus in Epoch if it was enabled rather than going to a NPC and selling stuff.

Could just remove currency and traders and make some stuff which you could only buy be in the loot table instead

Dougie    23

Could just remove currency and traders and make some stuff which you could only buy be in the loot table instead

Either this or nothing. The traders and currency are just dumb in an RP server in my opinion.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

What about vehicles though?

Mikachu    26

what about them?

Cedrea    1

Vehicles do spawn on Epoch right(never played it lol)? If yes, there are no issues since the shops and gold would be removed.