Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:48
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Reverend

YouTube DayZRP

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Regarding the Populating Server,

I was thinking about YouTube and stuff, and I came up with this.

We should get an Official DayZRP YouTube channel. All of the videos will be posted on the channel, with playlists for each clan. This would be a very good way of promoting our server and attracting more people.

I know that a lot of community members have their own channels, but this could be a 'colab' channel, meaning we all (or some of us) post our videos on there.

Thanks for reading, leave a +1 if you enjoyed, and leave a comment below ;)

Mikachu    26

Fozzy    2

Pay pewdiepie for a shoutout?

Rolle's thought of that one before

Laurence Taylor    3

I would love to do that :3

-I volunteer to run/up-keep the channel...

Jm Von Cat    154

Hell, if we could send our Videos to the media team perhaps and they put it on the Channel?

Just a thought given it is media.

I'd say the only concern would be quality control. I know that most clan videos feature a wall of Teamspeak noise plus there's also the variance of file formats that people will be sending to the channel, transferring huge files etc.

It's a good concept but I think it's a few months too late really. If people are willing to take on the responsibility then fantastic but it will be a lot of work to manage.

Grihm    16

There is an awful lot of Pewdiepie this and another youtuber that, but in the end, now is not the time for it. As it is at present, we are in the midst of polishing stuff, handeling rules that are a bit fragile and so on. I would say we do that first, and then relaunch on YT and those that has a fb or twitter or such can assist in spreading the word.

Also, indeed qualitycontrol. Not everyone sits on a 2000 USD computer, but if a video should be posted, it should also reflect what DayZRP is about, so some form of quality in both video, sound and also actual content is needed. A video of a firefight where people shouts " die you muthe*****er " is not exactly the right way to go. I would love to post videos so if anyone has a good refrence link or a "how to do" video or tip i would be very interested.

Prince    118

i think that this is a great idea! There can be requirements for the videos to pass through to make sure only good ones pass

Lucky    0

I have said rendering computer. Send me files, ill render em ou5 for you.

There is an awful lot of Pewdiepie this and another youtuber that, but in the end, now is not the time for it. As it is at present, we are in the midst of polishing stuff, handeling rules that are a bit fragile and so on. I would say we do that first, and then relaunch on YT and those that has a fb or twitter or such can assist in spreading the word.

Also, indeed qualitycontrol. Not everyone sits on a 2000 USD computer, but if a video should be posted, it should also reflect what DayZRP is about, so some form of quality in both video, sound and also actual content is needed. A video of a firefight where people shouts " die you muthe*****er " is not exactly the right way to go. I would love to post videos so if anyone has a good refrence link or a "how to do" video or tip i would be very interested.

I agree with this. I also agree it should be something the media team should look into if anyone was to look after an official DayZRP youtube. This would keep standards and quality in check if a team or part of the team did it.

If people are interested in making videos that promote DayZRP I think they should speak up and get in touch with the media team and discuss it.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Yay :3 Finally people like my idea :)

Red    244

I have plenty of DayZRP videos that I would like to donate to this cause. Anything to make our servers more popular again. I think we can really win new players with this medium.

I disagree. This is IMO where the media team could step in and take over. The rest of the admin team is currently working on revamping things. Polishing things as you say.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

I have plenty of DayZRP videos that I would like to donate to this cause. Anything to make our servers more popular again. I think we can really win new players with this medium.

I disagree. This is IMO where the media team could step in and take over. The rest of the admin team is currently working on revamping things. Polishing things as you say.

Agree with you. What some people don't understand is that we have just finished polishing the patch, with the hotfix, and now we need people to actually play the patch.

It isn't like the game is unplayable. I mean RBO is having a great time exploring that which has been implemented and doing alot of RP.

Maybe the media team can have a way of us, the community, to donate our videos?

Red    244

Agree with you. What some people don't understand is that we have just finished polishing the patch, with the hotfix, and now we need people to actually play the patch.

It's always an ongoing project. The game is never completed because there will always be additions and tweaks that will happen over time.

Owen    14

Make a thread where we could put videos up maybe which then would be shared on the DayZRP YouTube channel?

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

It isn't like the game is unplayable. I mean RBO is having a great time exploring that which has been implemented and doing alot of RP.

Exactly what I am proposing. People in the community make the videos, and send them to the media team.

enar21    1

Instead of paying youtuber to play we could just think of reasons why psisyndicate doesn't play RP anymore even though he is in the middle of a series but just doesn't want to play.

I'm pretty sure that the reason why PsiSyndicate doesn't want to play dayzrp is because that the rules are becoming too strict, when it isn't enjoyable for him anymore. Also there isn't any intresting settlements and such maybe?

Maybe the attitude againt minor rule breaks could be changed?

Maybe banditry for civilians could be more allowed? Civilian roadblocks?

This topic is very controversial and I will probably get 20+ people on me saying that they don't disagree with me but come on guys, it is a fact that it's less people playing and that he doesn't play either for that matter...

I personally don't know what to think about this, so please don't reply saying that all I care for is this and that.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Instead of paying youtuber to play we could just think of reasons why psisyndicate doesn't play RP anymore even though he is in the middle of a series but just doesn't want to play.

I'm pretty sure that the reason why PsiSyndicate doesn't want to play dayzrp is because that the rules are becoming too strict, when it isn't enjoyable for him anymore. Also there isn't any intresting settlements and such maybe?

This topic is very controversial and I will probably get 20+ people on me saying that they don't disagree with me but come on guys, it is a fact that it's less people playing and that he doesn't play either for that matter...

I personally don't know what to think about this, so please don't reply saying that all I care for is this and that.

I think that banditry should be allowed for civilians, but not roadblocks. Roadblocks take time in real life, all the cars and items would need very strong arms to carry if you are on your own. But robbing and firefights should be allowed for civilians.

Franklin    8

I have made a few promotional/propaganda videos before. I would love to help out :)

Red    244

Fact is that this server is moving forward. We are becoming more advanced and strict for a reason. Those who do not like the direction we're going for will end up quitting once the game moves over to stand alone. It was always meant to be a hardcore RP server with strict rules to make the experience for everyone equally enjoyable.

Psi makes series about games that people want to see. People don't want to see massive in depth RP between two guys. They want to see something wacky, or explosions and action. That's the reason why he stopped playing.

We had full servers briefly yesterday at 7PM Server time.

This new patch has helped a lot and I expect it to only get better from here on out.

Franklin    8

I have spoken to some Streamers/YouTuber's (Not trying to be cool or anything here). And I ask " I haven't seen you on RP in a while. Why is that?"

They respond with either, "It has changed to a point where it is boring." or " They have changed it too much..." etc.

Now, I'm not saying I hate RP. But the community has to bring something back that is missing or has been taken out. To make more Streamer Friendly and YouTube friendly, also to bring back some fun RP, which I and a few other people I know don't get.