Server time: 2017-08-19, 13:18

Sign in to follow this  
Leonidas

I don't know who you are

Leonidas    0

*Dexter finally reached his destination, a small dark apartment on top of the complex. He looked out the window and could see the wreckage of a C130 with bodies strewn across the ground.

He looked down to the desk he was sitting at, thinking of the the words he wanted to compose on the remaining paper he was able to find. It was an assortment of sheet music and partially torn and dirty unused white paper. He leans forward prepared to write, and hears a couple of shots in the distance. Dexter pauses for a moment, silence. Time to write this thing and move.*

"I don't know who you are,

But if you are reading this, you are probably not one of them. Them, those in the wasteland who look to victimize you before you can even say hello. Them, who say they are for the improvement of all men, but really seek only to improve themselves at your expense. Those people won't probably come to the top floor of this apartment building looking to survive. Those people are waiting for you at the entrance. They likely saw you go in, and now wait for you to leave. That is the nature of them. The question you must always ask yourself, did you check to see if anyone was watching you when you came in?

I only came to Chernarus a week ago, looking to find my mother. Her name is Bepa, or Vera in English. I have not found her here, so I am leaving to find another camp maybe further north. I hope to see you, and not them there. If you find her, let her know that her son is looking for her. Tell her dad is dead, she won't cry on that one and will likely seemed relieved. Tell her, that her baby girl is still in the States, safe with the remaining units of the 1st Mountain Division.

Before you leave, know that I have tried to make two attempts north and both resulted in the same outcome. I share these with you, so you can hopefully avoid the same fate as I. I share these with you, so you won't be a victim of them. Don't fool yourself, there is a war here and its them against you.

My first venture north, I luckily found a van in good working order. I drove no more than 3 kilometers inland when a group, called SOBR, stole my van and all of my survival gear. I thought they would let me leave in peace, but they saw that I had more to give. They ordered me to approach another groups check point, I think they were called the CRA. I was only armed with a radio. SOBR started a firefight and I was wounded. I don't know how I survived, as I lost consciousness.

I spent a couple of days licking my wounds, gathering gear. This time I would not use a vehicle, I would walk north. I shadowed the main road from Chernarus, but once again, no more than 3 kilometers north and another group, Variance, took me hostage. They stole all my gear and beat me unconscious for my troubles. I woke up in a ditch, and I guess I am lucky to be alive.

I am getting ready to head north again, I hear of a medical survival camp and a THEM camp that is supposed to be friendly. If you head north, look for me and I will help. Be wary of watering holes. They like to put one of THEM near the watering hole in hiding and then ambush you. Look before you drink, hide before you eat, and keep your map in your head and not in front of you.

If you make it friend, then you and I can become we. And maybe WE can overcome THEM. If we are to survive, WE have to outwit THEM."

Dexter Thorne

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

When I saw the title I imagined this:

9cc3be8a63808e90e80accfc79aece00.jpg

But this was actually a very good read! Thoroughly enjoyed it, keep up the good work.

Leonidas    0

But this was actually a very good read! Thoroughly enjoyed it, keep up the good work.

I laughed hard at that. That was precisely how I felt after both of those encounters! Thank you both for your kind words.

Exile89    0

Same here. Good read, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sign in to follow this