Server time: 2017-08-19, 13:14

Sign in to follow this  
Grihm

Static number of items for a better balance. More elaborate description.

Grihm    16

I made this in a post last night, but to have it more constructive, i thought i´d explain it a bit more and with more examples as well with fresh eyes.

The game consists of items of all ranges. Some everyday such as canned goods, baseball bats, backpacks and so on. Other however are of the more rare kind. These are Helicopters, Night vision goggles, rangefinders and now, the crafting book.

DayZRP is about roleplay, and what is roleplay without character interaction? Not much. To ensure that we can have an interesting roleplay that includes trading, banditry, scavaging, survival and more, we need to look at how much there are of everything.

Would every player have a bag full of food and water, silenced sidearms, grenades, heavy weapons and choppers, then it would not be much of an apocalyptic survival feeling about it, but rather a battlefield modern day shooter.

Restriction are already in place since there are if im not misstaken, just two choppers spawned in at any time and i guess this applies to more items as well. But this system needs to be in place for much more. We have a fixed area to play on and server limitations with a playercount at max 60.

What can the restriction improve?

Have these rare items just spawn in at a fixed number and then as long as they are in play, no more are to be found.

Im no programmer, but every item in circulation on the server will affect the fps somehow i guess. Also, if an item is too common, then it looses it´s purpose. If one looks at the bigger picture, im hoping more can see the benefits of restricting items.

* Less is more and a rare item will ensure it´s value is kept and the outcome of owning it will do more than just take up space in the pack.

* Less clutter on the server with to many of the same item just laying around.

* Improve trading again and have the echonomy strengthen by these rare items.

* Ensure more trade/rp is being made with for example veichels, medical supplies and weaponry.

Like the latest addition with the Crafting Book and it´s rare nature.

Let it be rare because if it is kept that way, people are looking for it, they will be willing to trade, rob,rp for it and that leeds to interaction between players.

Let´s say player A has the book and player B wants help with building a gate. Both are in clans, and they meet up, comes up with a deal and player A builds a gate for player B and the clans each comes out on the winning side through trading.

Open to constructive critisism so feel free to add your thoughts.

Tamaster92    14

As far as I know this kind of Central loot economy (which is awesome and something I'm excited for in standalone) isn't possible in the mod due to the way the loot spawning system works. Theoretical it may be possible to rewrite the entire loot system to encompass simple if statements pertaining to certain items but it would be a hell of an effort and also highly susceptible to server side lag due to needing connection to the database to poll for item amounts.

Vehicles however already do have a set limit of each one, only a certain amount of each vehicle can spawn :)

Other than that admins and Devs (and maybe others I honestly don't know) do have access to a list of how much of each items there are in the server, it's the biggest way they balance the loot tables. For example when this patch came out (before hotfix) the amount of RPK74s and AKMs was very high, both in the top 10 most common weapons. Last I looked before I left both were down to top 15-20. They react to how things seem and of something is too common when it should be rare they can even just stop it spawning for a while (like we did with SVDs once)

simiskovich    0

I personally do not think that the amount of items in circulation affects the FPS and such too much.

Also, You may think there would be more trading due to the rarity of the items, but I myself would see it as another reason to rob somebody, Why trade when you can just as easily take it.

Grihm    16

As far as I know this kind of Central loot economy (which is awesome and something I'm excited for in standalone) isn't possible in the mod due to the way the loot spawning system works. Theoretical it may be possible to rewrite the entire loot system to encompass simple if statements pertaining to certain items but it would be a hell of an effort and also highly susceptible to server side lag due to needing connection to the database to poll for item amounts.

Vehicles however already do have a set limit of each one, only a certain amount of each vehicle can spawn :)

Other than that admins and Devs (and maybe others I honestly don't know) do have access to a list of how much of each items there are in the server, it's the biggest way they balance the loot tables. For example when this patch came out (before hotfix) the amount of RPK74s and AKMs was very high, both in the top 10 most common weapons. Last I looked before I left both were down to top 15-20. They react to how things seem and of something is too common when it should be rare they can even just stop it spawning for a while (like we did with SVDs once)

Ah i see. Interesting. Well it´s good to know it´s gonna be in SA and that RPK´s and such have been edited. It´s a good step in the right direction.

I personally do not think that the amount of items in circulation affects the FPS and such too much.

Also, You may think there would be more trading due to the rarity of the items, but I myself would see it as another reason to rob somebody, Why trade when you can just as easily take it.

Then something needs to be done to make trading more interesting. Trading is rare now, but if it dies out then its Call of duty warfare ghost edition battlefield.