Clammy

DayZRP Island Life Server

DayZRP IslandLife Server?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. DayZRP IslandLife Server?

• Yeah
    • Nah

Clammy    0

To have one of these servers, would the community need to vote on expanding the community to other games/mods not just DayZ?

Just wondering because I go in a island life server and the roleplay is just terrible. The cops are shit and the civs aren't much better :(

I'd rather go into a good server where people actually roleplay instead of just shooting people or robbing people with no roleplay what-so-ever.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

I was suggesting Island LifeRP, because some people do not have ArmA3, for AltisRP. I believe that an IslandRP server would be a nice start, so we can test out how it goes. Island Life is somewhat of an easier version of Altis Life, so we can give it a go.

Jewell    14

I would love a island life Rp I used to play it but I got bored of the lack of RP and the corrupt admins banning people if they lost a fire fight. Island lifeRp would be so much better

Andrew    0

I would love a life server with the rules we have. Island life had insane desync didnt it? unless im thinking of another mod like it

Clammy    0

I would love a life server with the rules we have. Island life had insane desync didnt it? unless im thinking of another mod like it

Desync and A LOT of lag, but I'm sure someone could sort that out :P

Andrew    0

Desync and A LOT of lag, but I'm sure someone could sort that out :P

I don't know if these servers could handle it. I mean in the past the server has had more de-sync then some wasteland servers with 80 people and cars, buildings etc everywhere. I never quite understood that but hey thats another topic.

Grihm    16

If nothing else, would it not be a good thing for owners of Arma 3 at the moment to try it out and work on bugs and such until a more stable release?

Igi    4

I was a dev/scripter for DayZRP's brief AltisRP so I'd gladly help out if this game to fruition.

I actually still have all the files for AltisRP >_>

Anyhow, I use to play a little island life before I started playing on DayZRP... It's pretty good fun if done properly. However, it is absolutely boring if the police force either sucks or doesn't have a large presence.

A few pointers should this become an actual thing:

- Whitelist Emergency services and police. It will obviously reduce their numbers but it's a MUST. All servers I've played on with whitelisted civil services have been 10x better than public ones.

- Setup a means to allow player owned businesses or add far more playable positions. Most servers usually have a Governor and little else... It's not enough. You end up with a server full of criminals.

- On that note... balance out legal money making methods with illegal; Give illegal methods a boost obviously as they have an inherent risk. This will at least give people who want to play legitimately a chance to compete with criminals.

I could go on but eh.

I'll vote yes to this but I'm not hopeful that it will happen any time soon.

Clammy    0

-good addons-

The only problem is that a lot of 12 year old will try and troll on the servers, but I'm not sure if that whitelisting for 16+ is a good idea. Half the people that play Island Life are under 16 :P

If we did do a Altis Life for arma3 I would like to see most the addons from ArmA3Life, but I'm not sure they would share :(

Grihm    16

Is there a list or such on what you can do on Altis Life in an rp sense?

Like hunt, fish, build, dig,craft and so on?

Clammy    0

I'm more of an Island Life person me, but I'm sure there is

Grihm    16

I'm more of an Island Life person me, but I'm sure there is

Oh sorry, didn´t know there was 2. Im up for any =)

Rolle    2456

Posted this in a different thread:

I think most people are sick and tired of ArmA2 and Chernarus, including me :)

It's just more of the same, without loot and zombies, I really don't feel like doing this again. Besides, ArmA2 is no longer being updated, ArmA3 has plenty of up-to-date scripts and assets. It looks better, runs better, has better controls and physics as well as netcode improvements.

I just don't think that hosting a new thing that is more of the old same will be successful. We gotta move on to something better and popular, like Altis Life.

Igi    4

I can speak from experience that it isn't overly difficult to add new things.

When I worked on it... the base AltisRP mission had:

- A few different drugs to farm/process and sell

- Fishing and deep sea fishing

- Turtle poaching

- Fruit trees

- Mining

- Delivery missions

- Police force = wage pay

We planned on adding a few more things but it's already a decent amount to keep people occupied. We were also going to add a system that allowed gangs to setup bank accounts from which they could pay their members.

Do bare in mind, we eventually choice to go with a modded AltisRP (which was never finished) because there are limitations with mission files... such as the lack of any custom models/textures/sounds. Luckily though, it is possible to cram custom stuff into a mission file but the textures will be shitty because of necessary compression... I've never even tried models.

once i get a new graphics card. i am all for arma 3 :D

Igi    4

Posted this in a different thread:

I think most people are sick and tired of ArmA2 and Chernarus, including me :)

It's just more of the same, without loot and zombies, I really don't feel like doing this again. Besides, ArmA2 is no longer being updated, ArmA3 has plenty of up-to-date scripts and assets. It looks better, runs better, has better controls and physics as well as netcode improvements.

I just don't think that hosting a new thing that is more of the old same will be successful. We gotta move on to something better and popular, like Altis Life.

I'd be entirely down for taking up my old dev position should AltisRP actually be considered again. I'd prefer a modded one and it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to gain players as it would actually be supported by DayZRP this time.

runs better

Nope.JPEG runs like shit on my PC and pretty much everyone else I know :P I'd still love to play it though. (If I could get over 20 FPS)

Grihm    16

I can speak from experience that it isn't overly difficult to add new things.

When I worked on it... the base AltisRP mission had:

- A few different drugs to farm/process and sell

- Fishing and deep sea fishing

- Turtle poaching

- Fruit trees

- Mining

- Delivery missions

- Police force = wage pay

We planned on adding a few more things but it's already a decent amount to keep people occupied. We were also going to add a system that allowed gangs to setup bank accounts from which they could pay their members.

Do bare in mind, we eventually choice to go with a modded AltisRP (which was never finished) because there are limitations with mission files... such as the lack of any custom models/textures/sounds. Luckily though, it is possible to cram custom stuff into a mission file but the textures will be shitty because of necessary compression... I've never even tried models.

I´m just in love with Zeus and i would love for it to be used if possible to boost Island Life´s events or to have creepy weather come in over the lands.

Some editing would need to be done since it feels a bit more "futuristic" in a way with all hightech gadgets and the overall much more beautiful graphics, but not impossible.

Rain for weeks, foggy days..oh the joy ^^

Igi    4

runs better

Nope.JPEG runs like shit on my PC and pretty much everyone else I know :P I'd still love to play it though. (If I could get over 20 FPS)

It really is far better optimised.

Obviously, it is more graphically intensive so decent graphics hardware is a must.

It's 10x better than ARMA2 though which doesn't understand the concept of CPU optimisation.