Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:31
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

Good Guy Greg rewards

Rolle    2969

So, we've got warning points to punish bad behavior, but we don't have anything that would reward good behavior, perhaps something like a badge/title underneath their name and access to a special exclusive skin in exchange along with it (priest? :) ).

I was thinking either enabling the reputation system in MyBB, where you can upvote each other in profiles and people with most "upvotes" would get that title,

Or

A staff based system, where we manually give members who WE think have displayed good behavior and maturity on the forums this title.

Or

Something else you want to suggest?

Valkerion    0

Well it cant exactly hurt both seem a bit biased to me obviously friends with upvote their friends and staff will probably the do the same but then again....its not like you really gain anything from winning so fuck it lets go for it.

I still "of the month" rewards should be a thing.

- most play time of the month

- Voted best clan of the month

- Staffs Choice award

etc.

Rolle    2969

Well it cant exactly hurt both seem a bit biased to me obviously friends with upvote their friends and staff will probably the do the same but then again....its not like you really gain anything from winning so fuck it lets go for it.

I still "of the month" rewards should be a thing.

- most play time of the month

- Voted best clan of the month

- Staffs Choice award

etc.

That's a different thing, this suggestion is more targeted at the recent hostilities on the forums and overall bad behavior / toxicity in the relations between community members. We want to promote good behavior and neutrality.

I was thinking either enabling the reputation system in MyBB, where you can upvote each other in profiles and people with most "upvotes" would get that title,

Rife for abuse and wouldn't be a true reflection of good behaviour.

A staff based system, where we manually give members who WE think have displayed good behavior and maturity on the forums this title.

I personally think that's a bad idea, it will mean that those closest with staff would be a little more favoured than others and once again I don't believe it would be a true reflection of good behaviour.

It's a bit hard to judge good behaviour really. I think the community contribution award is the best outlet for rewarding the community for 'good behaviour'. The opposite to 'bad behaviour' such as trolling, flaming, breaking rules is what the community contribution award supports. Creativity, roleplay stories, ideas and suggestions as well as the hosting of server wide events.

TL;DR - Just make the Community Contribution Award a bigger thing by broadening the requirements to good forum behaviour.

Edit: You shouldn't need to reward people for not being an arsehole and threatening others. Just allow those who help defuse situations and generally post constructive and kind feedback to others on the forums to be voted for in the community contribution award.

Vector    0

I like the idea and I feel having staff picks would be the better option and would result in less bias.

there is alot of emphasis on bad so yes lets reward the good for a change

DinoB    20

Just do it like the above

Valkerion    0

That's a different thing, this suggestion is more targeted at the recent hostilities on the forums and overall bad behavior / toxicity in the relations between community members. We want to promote good behavior and neutrality.

I might just be reading this wrong but are you suggesting the direct opposite of warning points?

For example if im a good boy will i get a message pop up like "you have receieved some good guy points" similar to "you have received a warning" is that what you are suggesting?

Mikachu    26

Could use leaderboards a little?

Small rewards for most zombie kills, most time IG etc

I like the idea but do we not already do a member of the month sort of thing? Do too many people keep forgetting about it?

Any promotion of good behaviour is in my opinion a good idea.

Taking in what valk said on the biased things I don't know which way is best, I mean I believe in the staff enough to be non biased in situations but making more friends to upvote you encourages getting to know people more

Rolle    2969

So, we've got warning points to punish bad behavior, but we don't have anything that would reward good behavior, perhaps something like a badge/title underneath their name and access to a special exclusive skin in exchange along with it (priest? :) ).

Rife for abuse and wouldn't be a true reflection of good behaviour.

I personally think that's a bad idea, it will mean that those closest with staff would be a little more favoured than others and once again I don't believe it would be a true reflection of good behaviour.

It's a bit hard to judge good behaviour really. I think the community contribution award is the best outlet for rewarding the community for 'good behaviour'. The opposite to 'bad behaviour' such as trolling, flaming, breaking rules is what the community contribution award supports. Creativity, roleplay stories, ideas and suggestions as well as the hosting of server wide events.

TL;DR - Just make the Community Contribution Award a bigger thing by broadening the requirements to good forum behaviour.

That would work too, although a lot of people seems to have lost interested in them and we barely get any candidates these days. Also, you can't really nominate anyone there just because they are nice and reasonable on the forums, it's a reward system made more for bigger contributions.

I might just be reading this wrong but are you suggesting the direct opposite of warning points?

For example if im a good boy will i get a message pop up like "you have receieved some good guy points" similar to "you have received a warning" is that what you are suggesting?

Something like that, yeah, but I don't know if there's a system like that available. My suggestion was more informal, if we see a nice post and then another and another, someone in staff will mention it, others will agree, the title will be suggested, I will agree and it would be added.

Valkerion    0

Something like that, yeah, but I don't know if there's a system like that available. My suggestion was more informal, if we see a nice post and then another and another, someone in staff will mention it, others will agree, the title will be suggested, I will agree and it would be added.

Sure I guess that could work I mean its hardly any extra effort for the staff since they just have to notice something here and there unless they want to go looking for them of course :P

Owen    16

I think that the community contribution award should be publicised more and maybe changed a bit. People then may decide to vote on people a bit more. Also it would be the community voting for them as well as nominating them. That system was good in the first few months put it slowly has become inactive.

That would work too, although a lot of people seems to have lost interested in them and we barely get any candidates these days. Also, you can't really nominate anyone there just because they are nice and reasonable on the forums, it's a reward system made more for bigger contributions.

Maybe by being able to nominate someone and say 'I nominate this person because on multiple occasions they have been kind, posted constructive feedback and have helped diffuse some tense situations'. As long as examples are given I think it could work. Maybe balance the rewards a little more by lowering the amount slightly and broadening the chance of nomination.

'it's a reward system made more for bigger contributions.'

I think being a friendly presence on the forums and behaving well is of greater importance than someone making a video or creating a nice looking settlement, especially as the word toxic is being used to describe the minority of this community of late.

My suggestion was more informal, if we see a nice post and then another and another, someone in staff will mention it, others will agree, the title will be suggested, I will agree and it would be added.

That can work too :P

Red    253

Regardless of this suggestion, on which Im in favor of btw, I feel that the community as a whole should start focusing on the positive things rather than magnifying the bad things. Lately we have been seeing a lot of posts regarding the toxicity of the community. While it definitely being a problem, it should not be given any more attention than that it already gets. We should start thinking in solutions and not systems to contain the problem. Maybe Im more of an iron fist kinda guy. The culprits responsible for unneeded stress, drama in the community should be dealt with swift and hard. Lately the problem has only been festering with here and there a bandage on an open wound.

Sorry for going a little off topic here but it explained the reason why I am in favor for a system that rewards players for good behavior.

Laurence Taylor    3
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs21.postimg.org%2F7y72catef%2FWhy_not_both.jpg&t=544&c=va0axlb_hVZMwg

Hofer    20

Change the rules for the awards a bit. Rename them, advertise them more.

I made the first awards with this in mind, to give something back to the community. When Gijs remade it for the 2014 version we also had this in mind.

The main problem with the contribution awards is that it has always been done by 1-2 staff members, with little to no involvement from the rest of the staff team. Involve everyone, set up a private thread in the staff section for it and discuss how to develop it further to what you want.

I believe that this is the best solution, if the higher ranked staff members could get more involved instead of it being a one-man job.

Burgz    6

Hmm, little things like this are to open to bias, most of which will hardly be noticeable, but still be there. We could have a like system for posts and such too, but I don't see the need for what's been mentioned to be quite honest.

Lil_Beefy    0

I think this is just another branch of the community contributor awards. It'dbe cool but I think it would take attention away from the more 'official' awards, plus its the same concept.

I say we stick to the regular awards but make it more advertised within the community, get it bumped every couple days with updates and news on what the awards are about.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

It would be too easy to win as I am sweet as strawberry ice cream.

Cedrea    1

In my opinion this would be the best solution if every admin's "yes" would be required. This way there would be no reasons for the community to say that a certain person got benefits because he is friend with one or two staff members.

Jewell    15

Give it to people with clean sheets and good records as a show and I believe the staff should decide who gets it or possibly a automated system I do like Tamasters idea about zombie kills e.g. Zombie killer of the week give people something to aim for,

Husky    0

In my opinion this would be the best solution if every admin's "yes" would be required. This way there would be no reasons for the community to say that a certain person got benefits because he is friend with one or two staff members.

Good idea, the Admins have no friends anyway :troll:

Valkerion    0

Good idea, the Admins have no friends anyway :troll:

Exactly :P I used to think Rolle was my friend but then he Perm'd me twice :cry: