Server time: 2017-10-24, 11:35
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Prince

The crafting books easier to find

Prince    119

As most of you know there is a new base building system on DayZRP. For people who like to build bases it is an exciting change that adds the thing that they love doing most. The only problem is in order to base build you need to have "the book" first. That would normally be just fine...except "the book" is and ultra rare item. Some people would just say "look for the item until you find it, it cant be that hard". I know from experience that looting residential spawns all day is no fun, and you almost never have anything to show for it. If there is a change that needs to be made, it is upping the spawns for these books. I'm not saying they should spawn as commonly as a hatchet, but i think they should be a little more common than a GPS.

GXXv1Hn.png

Vector    0

Personally I think they should remain rare, if they become more common it will possibly lead to performance issues as the map will be littered with these mini settlements.

Prince    119

Less is more.

that makes no sense...

Masulii    25

I say that keep them rare because after you find one, you actually feel that you have found something cool.

Yuval    2

70% of the usage i've seen was for roadblocks and trolling, blocking buildings for the lols pretty much. No from me

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

Keep them rare. I wouldn't like to see what happened to epoch happening on RP aswell. People building 24/7.No rp little pvp. (Though robbing free medics and breaking into pobeda houses was always fun! I miss epoch!!!).

Prince    119

Keep them rare. I wouldn't like to see what happened to epoch happening on RP aswell. People building 24/7.No rp little pvp. (Though robbing free medics and breaking into pobeda houses was always fun! I miss epoch!!!).

i think Epoch was completely opposite I had super good RP with people and had major firefights in novy 24/7

Scimfaxi    0

Keep them the same rate or slightly higher, I love the whole concept of building, really good RP from playing a hunter setting up a hunting grounds rest site with this. Shame to have to RP that I couldn't build a fence without book, so keep it's rate the same or higher.

Definitely not lower.

Grihm    16

I got out to find one, and it took me about 15 min from ariving at a location it made sense it would be in, so it´s not impossible. Even if the spawnlocations would be totally random, they will pop up now and then.

It´s like with a rangefinder or Nvg´s. I have never found one, but not been looking for them either, but certain things need to be more than rare. Less is indeed more. If one out of ten has an item, it´s rare.

If 5 of ten has it, then the point is lost and you might as well give them out for free.

Moxy    19

Less is more.

that makes no sense...

Let me elaborate then:

Less is more meaning that there is is a greater benefit in having less.

By there being few of them it makes finding and possessing one a rare and exciting feeling. The harder it is to find, the more special it is to have them. In addition, as the server stays up longer and longer since the wipe, more and more will appear. Increasing the rate would diminish the rarity even more. It makes sense there is few because there was a wipe very recently.

Not to mention the power these books have. They not only affect the FPS by being able to build things on the server, but they can be used easily to by placing building in very trollish locations.

All in all, I see no benefit in having more, and much more benefit is having less.

Therefore, less is more. :thumbsup:

SweetJoe    403

The rarity of them is what makes them good. If they were common people would have lots of settlements and towns. The fact that some are tool items and some are consumable makes them very valuable and also encourages trade.

If anyone could find by themselves a book and build a camp on their own what would be the point? This building structure encourages groups and group interaction.

Sin    127

The rarity of them is what makes them good. If they were common people would have lots of settlements and towns. The fact that some are tool items and some are consumable makes them very valuable and also encourages trade.

If anyone could find by themselves a book and build a camp on their own what would be the point? This building structure encourages groups and group interaction.

Came here to say this.

Found one the other day and donated it to a worthy group of folk.

Building uses up a lot of energy (food, drinks, broken tools, etc) so yeah, it's better if one is held in common by a group of like-minded individuals who can orchestrate their efforts and make something worthwhile.

Less is more.

Sparky    0

I robbed a RBO before He had one and I deleted it because I had no clue wtf it was at the time.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

I would love to see more in game built things, I think this is a great idea, it's not over the top and super easy like epoch and is still a bit of a pain in the ass when building, so why not up it a tad and let more people build there own home sweet homes

Siorre    0

I would love to see more in game built things, I think this is a great idea, it's not over the top and super easy like epoch and is still a bit of a pain in the ass when building, so why not up it a tad and let more people build there own home sweet homes

took the words right out of my mouth

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Well, it would make sense game-wise to have them rare. I think it would be a good thing to have an ultra-rare one with base buildings, and a more frequent one with lesser constructions. Like Volumes 1 and 2.

redspear461    3

Keeping it rare sounds a lot better, I wouldn't want to run around a map littered with a million settlements, rather find a few small survivor settlements skewed around the entire map :)

Husky    0

Keeping it rare sounds a lot better, I wouldn't want to run around a map littered with a million settlements, rather find a few small survivor settlements skewed around the entire map :)

100% Agree with this, if everyone found books the second they spawn we would have them all over :)