Server time: 2017-10-21, 08:42
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Clammy

Clan Skins

Clammy    0

-RANT-

In my opinion, big militarized clans wearing civ skins doesn't really make sense. Yes, they could have maybe 1 or max 2 spy's wearing civ skins going around getting certain bits of information, but a big group, fully militarized and known around cherno shouldn't really be running around in a short sleeve t-shirt and jeans. People only do this during firefights to gain advantages over other groups and sneak in the easy kills.

I was recently told that back in the old days of RP, groups had a mutual agreement where they would tell other groups what skins they have on to save killing a civ and ruining his RP/time. If someone didn't have the skin, they would poke the enemy group to tell them what skin he/she is wearing and what it looks like etc.

It is a civ's own fault if they are told to go away and they sit in a tree like 10m away who are just being scrublords waiting for gear.

// This is not about the firefight that CRA had with SVR and they used civ skins, I wasn't even in the firefight and nobody was complaining. It just saves civs from being KoS'd. it reduces in civs being killed just because they are curious on whats going on.

Revilo    7

It makes a firefight more interesting in my opinion, if you are shooting at a group who are all wearing the same clothing then its just point and shoot no questions asked. but if there is variety in what people wear then it becomes a lot more interesting as you need to identify the targets before you can shoot instead of going "He is wearing what all the others are wearing so shoot him" having people that dont wear skins "Affiliated" with the clan makes it difficult sure but in my opinion it makes it more fun.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Please, it is hard PvPing at NWAF without being scared off of your tits thinking you're guys are gonna get reported.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

Imo big grps should be forced to wear the same skin. As there are many groups out htere who wear random skins or don't wear it on purpose just so they can confuse the enemy.

Owen    14

I was recently told that back in the old days of RP, groups had a mutual agreement where they would tell other groups what skins they have on to save killing a civ and ruining his RP/time

Well I think if this did happen again, it would make it much easier to fight and correctly ID your targets. But you may still get the odd case of it happening when a civ gets shot from being mis id'd. Ask around and people may agree to this once again saying what clothes they are wearing. I'm pretty sure people would not mind doing this if they get into fights regularly and they can ID targets.

But people often don't won't to wear the same skin as everyone else, as they want to be unique. That is what I felt like when I was in a clan which had a designated skin back in October of last year when CRing Altar. But I get where you are going with this suggestion and I feel it would be good if this happened again.

Wunsleh    10
Siorre    0

No. Clan skins are just annoying. makes firefights less interesting. Finding your targets is more fun.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Proposing we had a gents agreement on skins ? Say, B-17/CLF/SVR/CRA

Cedrea    1

Clan skins using the current skin system is near impossible, if not impossible. Sure, you can say that clan X uses skin X, but how do you stop other people from using that certain skin?

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Clan skins using the current skin system is near impossible, if not impossible. Sure, you can say that clan X uses skin X, but how do you stop other people from using that certain skin?

It is not flawless, it just reduces the chance of someone getting a ban

You shouldn't be forced to wear a skin for firefights, that's ridiculous. If you put up on your clan thread saying you must be wearing these skins, then you should be, if you don't know hes the enemy then don't shoot. You can normally tell when someone is a civ vs an enemy just by the way they are moving.

Cedrea    1

It is not flawless, it just reduces the chance of someone getting a ban

Flawless or not, it won't solve the problems if you ask me. Only way to have less civilian casualties during firefights is less firefights.

Isak    0

If I were forced to wear a skin, I wouldnt join a group. I'd have to quit my current characters story and make a new one. Not sure if I want that :P

Clammy    0

If I were forced to wear a skin, I wouldnt join a group. I'd have to quit my current characters story and make a new one. Not sure if I want that :P

Quit a characters story over clothing? seems a bit excessive :P

Isak    0

Quit a characters story over clothing? seems a bit excessive :P

Mabye ^^ But I'm very picky. I dont want my guy to look like a mercenary even tho a big part of my group were in Chernarus as a soldier or something along those lines. My character hasn't seen offical combat since the 90's.

kakan    0

-bla bla bla-

Last time I checked an agreement is not another party FORCING the other one to do something ;) this is about good sportsmanship and to reduce KOS attempts