Server time: 2017-08-20, 04:21

Sign in to follow this  
Phatal

Eastern/Western Special Ammo

Question

Phatal    46

Question: Is it possible to find ammo for special weapons for Eastern?

Example: For instance, (Not sure where/If/how often Eastern ammo boxes spawn) if I find an SVD. Am I shit out of luck on ammo until I find another SVD? Or is there a chance I can find some ammo for it in an actual building? If not, is it supposed to be like that? (Also, I know very rarely RKM and DMR mags are found in crates, can this be true for Eastern Ammo too? To go along with my example, could I open a crate and find an svd mag?)

16 answers to this question

I found an ammo box with MK17, Laupa, DMR and other weapon ammo at Stary a couple pf days ago.

Phatal    46

I found an ammo box with MK17, Laupa, DMR and other weapon ammo at Stary a couple pf days ago.

Yeah I found one with similar at Stary day before yesterday now that I think about it. I guess my real question is do eastern boxes spawn? Or does the ammo spawn for the guns? (Editing the op now)

Owen    13

Pretty sure Eastern Ammo boxes are rarer than western but I think they do contain SVD mags but not a lot.

Conor    243

I found an eastern box at South Barracks of NWAF, had all your eastern stuff in it e.g. AK/PRK/RPD/PPSH/PKM and the list goes on. It had everything eastern in it pretty much :)

Helix    35

yes eastern ammo boxes spawn they actually spawn in barracks and contain 4-5 SVD mags as well as sv98 akm ak ak sd 20 rnd vss pkm basically ammo for every eastern weapon... however after sitting on the airfield looting for a solid week i found 1 and it was already looted...

Tamaster92    14

You can find almost every single type of ammo in crates too yes

Hellbreed06    0

But what are the chances of you actually getting the type of ammo you need from a crate?

It would be nice if there were other means of acquiring ammo for the more ''rare'' weapons besides Crashes and ammoboxes/crates.

Phatal    46

But what are the chances of you actually getting the type of ammo you need from a crate?

It would be nice if there were other means of acquiring ammo for the more ''rare'' weapons besides Crashes and ammoboxes/crates.

Yeah, that would be my next question @Tamaster. Can you get rarer ammo by any other means or only through rare spawning boxes and very rare crates and the ever elusive chopper crash? Because if those are the only ways could you maybe also make it to where loose ammo and mags spawned for those as well? I mean. It would make some rp sense and add a bit to immersion. If there is another way then please do share.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

boxes spawn we found one the last time lol?

Phatal    46

boxes spawn we found one the last time lol?

We are mostly asking about Eastern Ammo not Western..

Can you get rarer ammo by any other means or only through rare spawning boxes and very rare crates and the ever elusive chopper crash? Because if those are the only ways could you maybe also make it to where loose ammo and mags spawned for those as well? I mean. It would make some rp sense and add a bit to immersion. If there is another way then please do share.

Depends really on the rare ammo you're looking for. I think you can find any sort of rare Russian ammo at airfields and other places military, just of coarse the chance is lowered.

For example you said SVD ammo, I know for sure you can find loose SVD ammunition in Barracks and air control towers, but it's slightly rare. (Bordering uncommon.)

For stuff like US ammunition, it's going to be a lot tougher since they'res not a lot of places compared to check for that kind of stuff. Therefor, you have a lower chance of finding anything. I know you can find all sorts of ammunition in US weapon boxes (which do spawn in tents) but I'm pretty sure you can't find any other type of ammo in tents other then MP5, US pistols (m9, USP, g17 variants) shotgun ammo and Stanag.

While I do agree that it'd make more of an RP sense for different ammunition to spawn, I don't think it'd really contribute to any RP or add any immersion. It's fine as it is really, and their is not much immersion that comes out of finding rarer ammo, it's cool to find, but not immersive.

Chris    61

Eastern Chopper Crash can possibly spawn eastern ammo box

Aye, they do.

What's your take on this reedreed, is this solved?

Phatal    46

What's your take on this reedreed, is this solved?

Yeah, I believe so. Its nice to see there are ways to get it. Though, might be worth leaving it open incase any other ways to find the rare ammo is found? If not then it can be closed. Thanks everyone!

I'll leave it open but solve it so people can share if they find anything. :)