Server time: 2017-10-19, 03:41
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Conor

The ability to lower your pistol.

Conor    254

So I was thinking.

Currently there is no way for you to walk around with just a side arm and have it holstered. You look stupid if you just want to use a sidearm as you have to walk around with it raised 24/7.

I had a little look around armaholic and I found this mod.

Specifically this part:

093398f531.png

Now it would be really cool Devs if you could maybe take that part and add it to our mod to enable us to holster side arms?

enar21    1

There is a way to do it if you have a primary.

If you mean literally holstering I think that has been suggested before and it got voted down and/or it had something with ACRE to do :P

Conor    254

I know the method you mean. IT only lowers your sidearm but you need a primary to do it and if you turn too quickly it switches back to your primary.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Noice noice..... +420

Owen    14

Well if it doesn't have dependencies I'd like to see it. Also I think the mod has CBA as well so it may work (may be wrong) . This would also save people having their side arm raised all the time if you had it out.

enar21    1

I know the method you mean. IT only lowers your sidearm but you need a primary to do it and if you turn too quickly it switches back to your primary.

You could just have a melee weapon that you take up for holstering the pistol.

If you want to hide it you can hide the melee normally and then put the pistol in your backpack :)

SatansNightOut    105

I could be wrong, but I think there have been issues with this particular add-on. Something along the lines of pistols disappearing when you holster them sometimes...?

Again, I could be wrong.

Husky    0

1+ If it actually works i'm all in, no more awkward conversations with people that only have sidearms

Burgz    6

Yeah Crimson, I remember that mentioned from the last few threads made, I think it's just too buggy to be honest, it'd be cool...but meh.

Jon Danger    0

Hello everyone. I think the idea of being able to holster/lower your weapon would be a great idea to the dayzrp server. I know the ability to shoulder your weapon is available in the standalone and the ability to holster a secondary weapon is available on the arma 3 altis life.

Think it would really bring out a positive first encounter when meeting people in the dayz map.

Kravock    1

Last time I checked, that script is very buggy and causes your pistol to disappear randomly.

Husky    0

Last time I checked, that script is very buggy and causes your pistol to disappear randomly.

From what I can remember the only reason (I may be wrong) but the only reason your pistol would disappear would be if you log out with the pistol lowered.

Jm Von Cat    154

From what I can remember the only reason (I may be wrong) but the only reason your pistol would disappear would be if you log out with the pistol lowered.

I would say you are correct Husky, i have been in a few other Communities (Persistent) in which the pistol script was available and in use, if you log out with the Pistol holstered/lowered it will disappear as when you holster the pistol it is technically not in your inventory anymore.

Jon Danger    0

aaahhh i see. :/

Guest kipaja2   
Guest kipaja2

Sounds like a great idea, this is great for people RP'ing as doctors or something that dont want to hold a rifle.

Chris    63

I think we used to have this, way back, and pistols would delete all the time. Dem Arma limitations. :/

Wunsleh    10

A form of lowering your pistol already exist if you know the controls to be pressed :)

Red    243

A form of lowering your pistol already exist if you know the controls to be pressed :)

It's a hassle though and it resets whenever you turn around. At least for me it does.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

It's a hassle though and it resets whenever you turn around. At least for me it does.

Go first person or turn only while walking

tegla    0

What, like looking down and locking the head movements?