Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:30
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
SweetJoe

Add features from Aftermath

SweetJoe    390

Hello. I know we have borrowed a lot from the aftermath mod. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a little bit more in regards to the base building. here is what i found that they had added to it, and im just wondering what your thoughts are in regards to it. The following is from the patch notes from aftermath version .9, which is over a year old. the parts i bolded are the parts i am really interested in seeing added to the mod. however if possible it would be nice to build a greenhouse as well.

UPGRADE THAT BASE! Structures can be upgraded which makes them less susceptible to

demolition. Chicken coops allow players to harvest eggs, chickens will also spawn close to them

randomly. Wells and campfires provide cooking and hydration! Many other items are included to

help personalise your base and keep out unwanted visitors!

[ADDED]

Searchables

Our new searchable system allows collection of loot and items, without just looking on the floor!

Every wardrobe, desk, cabinet, medical cabinets and much more can be searched by the player.

You might even find an ammo box, or weapon crate to search. Loot systems are time based.

This allows them to be searched multiple times, but not repeatedly.

[ADDED]

Harvesting

Greenhouses around the map are searchable for plants and vegetables. All items found can be

eaten, smoked or used to craft VID. Cooking some items will give you additional health gains.

We need more feedback, tell the DEVs why you want things like this added, and how it would effect your gameplay people! dont just add +1, tell them exactly what you like and why! Also if you can think of otherthings that currently exist in mods like this, throw it on!

Jack Kolb    0

+1 from me I didn't know that we have some stuff from that mod I'll download the mod and that I'll give some better feedback!

But for now I'm liking the ideas.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

I like this, but it probably will have to come in the next update.

But still +1 from me!

Mikachu    26

The searchables thing is something we were trying to do for 1.4.1 but couldn't get working properly.

It's still on the list of things we would like to do

SweetJoe    390

Well, alot of us like the fact that we can build a base and be pretty self sufficient. this would go along way to bring that to a head. also, the need for settlements would be lessened and it could be strictly based on player interaction. its nearly impossible to build anything without help, and making the craftables based on rare books also goes far in making sure that they arent over build or abused. this system is nice. I know a group that made a base, and the RP around building it was intense. it caused a common goal and then fights, and arguments on bringing outsiders there. eventually it was decided that it was good to have people there. the only thing is that you cant be self suffiecent enough. being able to build a well, harvest plants, raise chickens, this would go a small way to allowing this, we would still need to scavenge, hunt and trade for things we need and would do anything as far as causing avoidance of roleplay. it would also give a group a reason to fight for whats there and a reason for bandits to try and conquer a base. which i think would be fair enough. you build a place people want and others should be able to try and take it.

Tamaster, what do you think of the buildables? the Well, The chicken coops, and all of that? is it possible to look into adding? i dont feel its too OP at all and the spawn rates can be drastically reduced. also at the rate bottles break when boiling it wouldnt put you at much of an advantage.

SweetJoe    390

But carib, its a mod discussion! hehe

We need more feedback, tell the DEVs why you want things like this added, and how it would effect your gameplay people! dont just add +1, tell them exactly what you like and why!

Conor    254

I really like this Joe! Just the idea of being able to harvest eggs from chicken coops has sold it to me, let alone all the other awesome features!

+1 from me!

Masulii    25

+1, I would love this to be implemented. It would add more "RP sense" when you actually search containers

Owen    14

The fact that you can harvest food in this feels like if it was added in the mod, the sense would be people trying to rebuild society. Furthermore the fact that it has a more detailed search function woukd be great.

Definitely would like to see this in the near future as base building would feel more great with these additional features.

IAmJackBandit    77

This is really a good idea, I especially like the part about the chicken coop would add some great rp!

SatansNightOut    105

Chicken coops allow players to harvest eggs, chickens will also spawn close to them

randomly.

DUSTIN!!!

SweetJoe    390

Also i believe that if you kill the chickens you get no eggs.

SweetJoe    390

Id like to get more of the communities views on additions such as the ones I've listed.

As for the wells, making them limited use, maybe between 1000-2000 would go a long way to making them not be op. Also this would make people use them sparingly. Needing a book to make them and making the book rare would also be nice. (even might make someone roleplay as a professional well digger.)

Chicken coops i hear do not spawn eggs if the chickens are killed, so this is also really nice at making them not op.

Building gardens would be nice, and if they only grow crops on restart that would also go a long way to making them not op.

Rolle    2952

Right now all additions are on hold while we try to fix the client and server performance.

But in the future, who knows.

Burgz    6

The possibilities.

You're attacking an enemy's base, or just initiating on a random guy's house.

"COME OUT NOW, WITHOUT A WEAPON!"

"FUCK YOU!"

"NOW, OR THE CHICKENS GET IT!"

*hesitates for a second, looking at the lock*

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"

*mumbles* I'm sorry.

"WELL HEN, THEY'RE GONNA GET IT!"

*shooting commences*

Much roleplay, such wow, all yes to this thread.

yeah...that was intentional *smirks*

Mikachu    26

FYI - I was totally for adding some more survival based construction stuff, would give a reason to try and build instead of just "it's cool"

SweetJoe    390

Right now all additions are on hold while we try to fix the client and server performance.

But in the future, who knows.

Thank you Rolle for your response. I understand currently that there are issues with the server, the additions are for the future and i know that performance and client issues are top among concerns right now.

However with the building features implemented, once the servers are back on track it would be nice to know that Rolle play oriented additions will be made to the building system.

I know that things being considered Over powered is a concern but there are many ways to bring them down to scale such as the ones i already mentioned.

It is a shame Tamaster left, He was a great dev and always took into consideration what the players wanted and the communities desires as a whole.