Server time: 2017-10-21, 17:46
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Misty roads

Matt    24

[mp3]http://puu.sh/bPLDK/af829cd803.mp3[/mp3]

And just like that it happened bullets flying from the rifles of those who just want to fill there pockets with whatever they take from the weak how I survived I have no idea but the two guys with me were not so lucky.

I opened my eyes the sun light was blinding it took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the light but my vision was soon clear I looked to my left and saw the bodies of the two men who tagged along with my caravan they were brothers from what I remember.

I stood and scanned my surrounding nothing but bodies and the burning car what we was using to transport some supplies as I went to walk forward there was a extreme pain in my leg I looked down at my leg and had noticed I had been shot must of happened during the attack, I hopped down the road trying to ignore the pain in my leg I had no idea where I was and I had no friends to contact on my radio I was completely alone.

There was a thick mist surrounding the area it was hard to see where you was going and I would often fall over but each time I would manage to muster the strength to get back onto my feet.

"Not gonna last long if you don't find ya self a weapon Matty boy" I thought to myself.

After twenty minutes of hopping down the road I came across a small shed the sheds door seemed to be unlocked so I crept inside small shed and started looking around for something to protect myself with, after a few minutes of searching around I found a medium sized hammer it was nothing great and meant I would have to get close to whatever I was fighting but at least it will put a nice hole in the enemy's head.

I left the shed and continued hopping down the road I eventually came to a halt as there was one of the infected walking down the road I knew I had to take it down or it would probably come back and bite me in the ass literally.

I readied the hammer in my right hand and shouted at the zombie getting its attention, it began sprinting at me with a feral look on its face when the zombie got within a reasonable distance near me I swung my hammer towards it head as soon as the hammer impacted into the skull of the zombie a large crack was heard and the zombies lifeless body slumped to the floor.

"Well that was fun but its getting late I need to rest and sort this damn leg out" I thought to myself once more.

I made my way towards a large patch of trees and began searching for a good spot to set up camp eventually I settled down between two pine trees and laid down staring at the nights sky.

A loud static noise was emitting from my radio this noise woke me up from my almost coma like sleep after spinning the dial on the radio the frequency soon became more clear and I heard some familiar voices coming from the radio I hoped now they could hear me.

[mp3]http://puu.sh/bPLfY/1a0aa15ecf.mp3[/mp3]

SatansNightOut    105

A true experience from a good point of view.

But I can't help but stress how discouraging run-on sentences are. Grammar and punctuation help people get into the flow of your story better. It makes it easier to follow what's going on when you emphasize what you're trying to story-tell.

With that said, I refer to my first statement: This was a very well-written POV of a desperate situation. :)

I'd love to read more.

Matt    24

But I can't help but stress how discouraging run-on sentences are. Grammar and punctuation help people get into the flow of your story better. It makes it easier to follow what's going on when you emphasize what you're trying to story-tell.

With that said, I refer to my first statement: This was a very well-written POV of a desperate situation. :)

I'd love to read more.

Thanks glad you enjoyed it and I don't write to much when it comes to these type of stories so will definetly improve on it as I write more :)

SatansNightOut    105

I'd love to read more.

Thanks glad you enjoyed it and I don't write to much when it comes to these type of stories so will definetly improve on it as I write more :)

Just take your time. There's no rush for good story-telling. Refine what you've created, and present it to people as what you feel is gold.

Honestly, I have an issue where I just WRITE something and think it's good enough to present.

Then two days later? I re-read it and go, "Hmm, it's not BAD, but... editing." :D

Keep writing. Keep posting.

And I'll keep reading.

Finally you managed to put one up! Good work Matt, looking forward to more

Samaritan    346

Very nice Matt. Looking forward to reading more :)

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

A very nice, professional story. Good start, very attention-grabbing. The only thing you need to work on is your punctuation, comas and exclamation marks.

Otherwise, pretty much, amazing!

Matt    24

[mp3]http://puu.sh/bRX3S/c11fe8c5da.mp3[/mp3]

To this day it still feels strange knowing that no longer than two years ago I was living a normal life, it had been three years since my father died in a car bombing incident, I did not take the news well at the time and to top it off I had to move in with my fathers parents who only spoke the local fucking language things were not going my way.

They always wanted me to be something that I was not I guess that's why I ended up being a doctor I really did not want to be one I actually wanted to be a fisherman believe it or not, ye it sounds a bit silly but I always enjoyed the sea air it just made you feel alive.

Growing up in Chernarus you kind of became used to all the death and shooting it was just kind of a part of the day to day life, seeing US planes or helicopters flying over was a common occurrence the locals would always get worried thinking the big bad Chedaki would come and round us all up like cattle of course I knew that was not true well I hoped at least.

Not knowing the local language was always an issue turns out the local youngsters saw me as some sort of foreign spy and would try and beat the living shit out of me every time they saw me walking down the street, one time they even chased me down the street with baseball bats that was not the most enjoyable of days I will definetly say that.

My radios batteries were dead and it was pouring it down with rain, my leg still hurt like hell but it was slowly healing I reckon it would heal up maybe in a week or two, the nearest town from what I could tell was about an hour away on foot and with my current condition I would not be able to make it there easily I would most likely fall over all the time.

"Well it seems it gonna be just me and you mr hammer until we find fresh batteries for the radio" I grabbed the hammer tight and began hopping forward towards wherever I thought the town was.

The thick mist that filled the roads was ten times worse in the forest but at least it meant if I could not see whatever is out to eat me won't see me either, after what seemed liked days of hopping I finally caught a glimpse of some building in the horizon this was where the tricky part starts it seems.

Matt    24

Lately I have had a reoccurring dream, I am stood in an unknown town but everyone in the town is going on with their day to day life's as if the apocalypse never happened but the thing is I am stood in the center of the town with a gun I can't move its as if i'm paralyzed and then everyone in the town just turns around and stairs at me and then I wake up.

I wonder if that means something or i'm just going fucking crazy, who knows maybe I will find out what it means one day.

I opened my eye's slowly to the sound of guns shots I sit up and walk towards the window and swing them open, the sunlight hit me hard causing me to cover my eyes with my arm I finally found the source of the gun shot's.

"Fucking Masulii the crazy bastard, at this rate he is going to run out of zombies to kill" I mumble under my breath.

I walked up to the sink with clean water filled into and wash the blood and mud off my face and lazily drag my feet towards the door in my cozy room.

I left the building with the rooms and loaded some bullets into my Makarov and approached the fire surrounded by three old rusty chairs, I slump myself onto one of the chairs and rub my face with my hand.

"This place gets lonelier every single day I wish someone would drop by sometime"

"Who are you?" Asks a familiar voice behind me.

"Spoke to fucking soon didn't you Matt" I grumble to myself.

// Brief little story of today's events just to get back into writing,

GreekGodx    149

Good job Matt! I'll be keeping an eye on your stories in the future!

Sign in to follow this