Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:05

Sign in to follow this  
Muntz

We Need a Tabletop/Pen & Paper GM!!!

Muntz    3

So a few of us have been talking (Sumos, June and I) and we are showing some interest in playing a pen & paper RPG at some point in the near future. Both Sumos and I are complete noobs and have only seen them played, not played them ourselves. June has played a bit but still considers herself new.

So we want to play! We have found this site http://roll20.net/ that makes it relatively easy to connect to each other, all we need now is a Game Master to show us the ropes and nurture us. :)

We don't have a specific game that we HAVE to play and are pretty open minded (although I have been drooling at Shadowrun). What we play will depend on what any potential GM's have experience with.

So are you an experienced tabletop GM? Think you can put up with helping three (maybe four) charming and hilarious individuals learn the ropes? If so, send me a PM or reply to this thread with the games you have experience with and we can go from there.

Much love.

Update: Lunabug joins the party. She has played a fair bit of D&D in the past.

Magw33d has also signed on. He a noob too :D

STILL NEED DAT GM DOE

I know some of the RBO guys enjoy playing D&D Star Wars.

Silicon Palidon is the GM for it, maybe he would be intersted.

kladetto    0

Me and some others have been doing some Star Wars D&D for a while and before we started that we had a Pathfinder group as well.

As Diggy said Silicon (Desmond Kavanagh) is our DM but I know he is pretty tied up with school and our group plus another one that he also runs as well.

We also use roll20.net. That site is awesome.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Sign me up Muntz, I want to get in on mad roleplay papez.

(I'm a novice)

Muntz    3

Sign me up Muntz, I want to get in on mad roleplay papez.

(I'm a novice)

Got a lot of people wanting in now! Would definitely be good to get a nice little party going. We don't want too many though I think.

kladetto    0

It is much better to keep it small....max 5-6 tops probably or else it takes forever to get things done.

I could try and GM D&D 3.5 i played it for like 2 years with a club

Muntz    3

It is much better to keep it small....max 5-6 tops probably or else it takes forever to get things done.

Those were my thoughts. I was thinking 4-5 players max + GM.

I played a campaign once....once. 2hard5me. Too many rules :/

That was always my attitude towards it too. "urgh, so many numbers and rules and boring" but I randomly started watching some videos of a group playing it. It seems that if you are playing casually with like-minded people and a GM that knows what they are doing, fun can be had.

Get the right mix of people together and it could be great I think.

I could try and GM D&D 3.5 i played it for like 2 years with a club

Oh nice. Have you been a GM before?

Oh nice. Have you been a GM before?

Only for like 4 of my friends for about a month.

just saying you guys know that these games can literally take months right?

Barbarian    0

I've played quite a bit of D&D. But GM'ing is something I have little experience with.

But the play style i've always used was a very laid back, "not serious" style of playing.

My last character was a stoner Forest Elf Druid who always smelled like weed and never knew where he was, or what was going on.

Muntz    3

Only for like 4 of my friends for about a month.

We'll see how it goes. I think we would prefer an experienced GM to get our shit together but if you think you can do it and you want to, then I don't see why not.

Either way, we will see what interest there is before locking down who is involved.

just saying you guys know that these games can literally take months right?

Haha, yeah.

SatansNightOut    105

I've ALWAYS wanted to play Vampire: The Masquerade. Such a vast lore in the World of Darkness... Back when vampires weren't "cool". :P

Muntz    3

Just a note, those definitely interested in being players are Muntz, Sumos, June, Lunabug.

There are a fair few others that have made noises about playing with us, but we would only want one more player at the very most I think.

JUST NEED DAT GM!!

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

You have my sword, Muntz

Let me be that fifth player.

ab1d74df7f.jpg

Muntz    3

You have my sword, Muntz

Let me be that fifth player.

Haha, sure mate! Consider yourself added.

STILL NEED A MUTHERFUCKIN GM DOE.

I play Shadowrun like 8 years now. I can give help, but I dont want to be a GM and play with you.

Shadowrun is just the one I really like the look of (ever since you mentioned it to me :)). I don't know what the others want to play though. In the end, I guess we will be playing whatever game the GM has experience with to start. I really appreciate the offer of help.

Hey i would kind of like to try this out too!

If we do get this up and running (which isn't even a guarantee yet), I'm sure there will be times when people are missing or stop playing. Others can come in then I guess. As it stands though, we already have 5 signed on.

From what I've seen, any more and the game can get boring from long wait times and whatnot.

Yes I made it onto the list! <3

A GM would be awesome for any of the games. Even if your not too experienced at being a GM. They won't notice lols.

I've played a fair bit of dnd and adnd but not any others.

Can't wait, hope we get a GM <3

I'd like to participate but I can't GM. The only person I know who can GM is Desmond (Silicon Palidin) but he's busy with a lot of different things so I don't know if he's available.

I'd love to participate, got no clue how to play but won't be a problem I guess if we get dat GM doe :troll:

Baron    2

I've DM'd a mix of 3.5 based adventures for around two or so years now, in terms of an experienced DM I'm rather on the new side but if you're looking for one I can do that for you depending on the version, I really don't have any experience with V.5 as of yet. :P

EDIT: I'm assuming you'd want to do high fantasy like D&D, I really have no experience with Shadowfall systems, etc.

June    0

I'm not racist, but ... we're all 25+, so would not mind GM that conforms to this :q

Muntz    3

I'm not racist, but ... we're all 25+, so would not mind GM that conforms to this :q

Seconded. Totally racist though.

It's shameful ageism is an ever grown problem, but yeah who wants to be old. I have no idea about this pen & paper stuff but couldn't some one just research what they needed to do if they have done something similar before?