Server time: 2017-11-20, 18:48

Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

Frame freezes

Question

Describe the issue:

My game freezes, on other people screen's it seems like i am teleporting when this happens, and it happens every odd 5 seconds or so.

Is the problem reproducible, ie can you re-create it on demand?

It just happens, so not really

Time, server and location of this occurring?

Everywhere

How long have you had this problem?

since patch

What have you done to fix this already?

change settings, resolution, view distance.

47 answers to this question

Moved to troubleshooting

Verify your game cache in steam and see how that goes, in another thread with a similar issue Tamaster said the animation files may be corrupt.

If those does work re-install Arma 2 and DayZRP - although this is something that should be a last resort sort of fix.

Don't forget about your add-ons verify every thing related to arma and launch them before you go back into the mod. Also try a disk defrag.

Also razer game booster my help reduce the issue by stopping some background process that are not needed.

It could also potentially be a latency thing. If you're teleporting, it could be that you're experiencing lag.

What is your ping on server when you play? And have you noticed latency spikes? so for example from 120ms suddenly going up to 2000ms.

My ping never goes above 110.

@vector, not going to defrag my SDD ;P

Looks like your read/write speeds sent the issue then :P

My ping never goes above 110.

@vector, not going to defrag my SDD ;P

interesting... if you also verified your cache and no problems were found, then it could be like Vector said an SSD issue, considering your game freezes.

what kind of temps are you CPU/GPU hitting whilst playing?

Maybe turn off background tasks which require a lot of resources which causes files to be skipped or missing. Often enough I have to close 3/4 programmes to prevent this. But you have to remember arma is very Intensive on hdd/sdd. Defraging may be an option if possible. I do it every time after I play arma.

Maybe turn off background tasks which require a lot of resources which causes files to be skipped or missing. Often enough I have to close 3/4 programmes to prevent this. But you have to remember arma is very Intensive on hdd/sdd. Defraging may be an option if possible. I do it every time after I play arma.

Defraggin an SSD is not a good thing to do...

Temps on GPU (780 Ti reach 81C, CPU keeps under 70 pretty sure 60mostly, I5 4690K)

You did check or you did update?

Subbing this topic as I will be very interested to learn what the cause/solution is.

Defraggin an SSD is not a good thing to do...

Temps on GPU (780 Ti reach 81C, CPU keeps under 70 pretty sure 60mostly, I5 4690K)

Owen doesn't have an SSD, so he doesn't know ;) haha

I'm used to everything not going about 40, so I don't know if 70 is too high or not.

Don't defrag an SSD. No gain for just lowering its lifespan.

I've had these random frame drops as well. Not a cpu/gpu temp issue. It can throttle down to 1-3 frames for a few seconds every now and then.

I updated?

Sumos one of the things i noticed is that when it does happen i tend to teleport around, my game freezes and as soon as my frames get back up i teleport for people around me IG

Sumos one of the things i noticed is that when it does happen i tend to teleport around, my game freezes and as soon as my frames get back up i teleport for people around me IG

Not had that, personally. I've been stationary unable to turn, move or talk in game.

Has this only happened since you updated your driver's, Nvidia drivers?

Nope, Since patch

I think the CPU temps i posted are high so i'll run the game for abit and see how it goes

So far 55C seems to be the accurate number, not 70 ;P

Has this only happened since you updated your driver's, Nvidia drivers?

Nope, Since patch

I think the CPU temps i posted are high so i'll run the game for abit and see how it goes

So far 55C seems to be the accurate number, not 70 ;P

When is the last time you cleaned your fans? Might be dust that's causing the cooler to not run to it's full capacity.

*EDIT* oh wait, 55C is not too bad really. Nevermind that. Well you could check your fans just to be sure. Both CPU and GPU fans that is.

Heh, only have two intake, using my CPU rad and GPU as exhaust, fans are clean as i have filters and no where for air to come through

I updated?

From what you describe the options I would look in to for a solution would be

Ram, internet/latency, anti-virus

This are my assumptions and may be wrong

Often, freezes and teleporting are related to a few seconds of internet dropage. Bascially what happens if you are running at a 110MS, your internet spikes up to 2000+ ms or might even drop out all together. Your computer than has to re-establish connection to your internet. Takes a few seconds. That's why you can continue on afterwards.

Seems very likely that this might be the problem, but I too could be wrong.