Server time: 2017-10-24, 00:21
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
SebbePwnYou

Dark?

Question

SebbePwnYou    17

How do i get a kinda brighter game? every time its night time its always so dark people keep saying turn up brightness and gamma wich i got as maximal as i can get...

zFE1Sjg.jpg

88f49dbd61c45431d907ec8cd3cee3e1.png

Solution: Set your HDR Quality to 'high'.

/Carib

7 answers to this question

Use flares. In all honesty, I'm against turning up brightness and gamma. It kind of breaks immersion seeing someone with no chemlight, flare or NVGs yet running/killing perfectly in total darkness.

Diggy    0

Use flares. In all honesty, I'm against turning up brightness and gamma. It kind of breaks immersion seeing someone with no chemlight, flare or NVGs yet running/killing perfectly in total darkness.

Yeah well I would rather be able to see my game. I'm sorry but realism only goes so far. If I have to aimlessly run around to find anything, or strap a flare on that screams "I'm over here!" then that is game breaking in my opinion.

I do like some of the new features in regards to realism the server is trying, but if I wanted to stare into total darkness I would just go outside. It gets to a point where it's not even fun to play.

kyoto    4

Go into your video settings and turn your HDR quality setting to the highest. The game gets a lot brighter :)

SebbePwnYou    17

Go into your video settings and turn your HDR quality setting to the highest. The game gets a lot brighter :)

Lemme take a look what it is on right now.

Oh yeah.. i had it on Normal, i put in on max and i see like i see in real life when its dark ( a bit but not to much )

What is your HDR Quality and PPAA set to?

I tried finding a helpful video, guess it got deleted. If you go to advance and set your HDR quality to 'high' you should see slightly better, along with PPAA disabled and what your Gamma and Brightness settings are set to now. I could be mistaken, but this is what I remember from the video.

In the mean time, use flares, chem lights, flashlights. Hey, you might find it that it adds an aspect to the game for you while we try and fix this.

I remember we had a lighting mod that made it really, really dark and foggy, but that was tweaked already.

edit: Ugh, scarecrow2fast5me

Solving.

SebbePwnYou    17

-Thingy-

Solving.

Yeah, i always got PPAA disabled, if fixes my frames because i aint got the best computer..

d94441b37eb42edccebe64546ab97f79.png

kinda looks like this