Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:16

Sign in to follow this  
Lucky

DayZRP - Podagorsk

Do you want to see DayZRP on a new map?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see DayZRP on a new map?

• Yes- Explain!
    • No - Explain!
    • Maybe - Explain!

Lucky    0

lAV7oiz.png

C4Snw1U.png

Well I've been planning to make this thread for awhile. We all know and feel that Chernarus in one way or another is getting boring, and we all know something should be done about this feeling.

So today, I present to you... Podagorsk. Podagorsk is a small peninsula located near Russia, and close to Chernarus. Podagorsk has a very similar terrain to Chernarus, and very similar vegetation.

Map Layout:

GEU0o4Y.png

While there are quite a few military bases and outposts, there is a posibility for them to be removed. FDF (Finnish Defense Forces Mod Makers) created Podagorsk, this means that it is possible to ask their permission to modify and change the map to our liking, whether its for roleplay, or to reduce server lag.

Getting FDF's permissions to modify/change this map could be huge for DayZRP in a whole, this means a completely new revision of Podagorsk, avaliable only to DayZRP, and exclusive map for an exclusive community.

So lets get down to buisness, the map breakdown. This map has a total of 4 major cities/towns which are medium in size. 1 Airfield, which is MASSIVE. I mean an entire seperate island MASSIVE.

Airfield:

P1XFeDp.png

Now another cool feature, there is a river. Only one (as of now) but it connects two of the biggest cities. There are dams blocking the route to the ocean, but this can be changed in the future.

River:

mDKAn9F.png

River Faraway:

3qdB6LW.png

One thing I like the most though, is the precense of a military fleet in the ocean to the EAST of the peninsula. It consists of one Aircraft Carrier, and four destroyers. This could be used as a "HQ of the CTC" maybe this is where the remaining US Soldiers went when the infection hit, who knows what RP purpose they could have.

Fleet:

pDFpkRV.png

Now there is one thing I would like the community to discuss in this thread. This map has a TON of military spawns as it stands, I mean a TON. So this is the ultimatum, we get military spawns nerfed, or kept as they are currently. This can and will be changed in the future, as we will be able to add/remove buildings from the map, and even add towns and islands, even massive landmasses!

Discuss your opinions below and vote on the poll, I do want to hear what the community wants before I ask the FDF for their permissions.

Will update this thread with requests of people want to see in regard to terrain, so if you do have questions, just ask!

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

maybe.gif

Ill vote maybe, its a small map. But i always thought the Chernarus terrain sucked.

I love the flat land of this map.

-snippy-

This suggestions could get 1000 yes to 10 no. But we all know it will probably never be added in.

It's way too small for a community like this. With people claiming territories, and the impossibility of making hidden camps considering everywhere is a high traffic area would just ruin the sense of survival imo. But it may work, who knows.

I do want a new map though, Chernarus is getting really old..

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22146 <-- THIS map however, would be amazing. Adds a real survivory-type feel.

Lucky    0

-snip-

Like I said in the OP... It can and will be increased in size, more towns added, as well as new areas to the map.

While I love Chernarus on SA, on the mod it has grown rather stale and boring IMO. It seems like people may be bored because everyone is so experienced on the map that we fall into a routine with things. With that being said....

Namalsk.......

Namalsk +1

Namalsk later, first a map we can edit.

I used to run a Namalsk server, you can edit it simply i just forgot how to most of the stuff ^.^

Lucky    0

-snip-

No, no you can't. When I say EDIT I mean edit. I mean literally adding land to the map, something you need a special file to use in the map creator :)

-snip-

No, no you can't. When I say EDIT I mean edit. I mean literally adding land to the map, something you need a special file to use in the map creator :)

I just played Namalsk a few minutes ago. Its a pretty big map and it is pretty damn eerie as well. As far as Zombie apocalypse goes, this map is super immersive and has a lot of RP potential. Plus it has some nice areas for custom areas.

Lucky    0

-snip-

Damn eerie indeed, but I doubt we would be able to get the map files. Podagorsk is possible because its a small team that made it, it wasnt made for a modpack/missionpack.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Alright, ill take it

+99

Honestly, yes, the normal chernarus is boring and ugly.

Want something new to explore.

Yeah I remember when DayZero got exclusive rights to this map, I played a bit on it and it was alright, but after a while the map get's kinda boring since it's relative small.

Lucky    0

Yeah I remember when DayZero got exclusive rights to this map, I played a bit on it and it was alright, but after a while the map get's kinda boring since it's relative small.

With the files, we could make it our own :) Any areas that are wanted by the communities, etc!

Guest Fuzzy   
Guest Fuzzy

Its too small...

Rolle    2449

I voted no.

It's small and we don't have anywhere near the amount the resources to port the map to DayZ, let alone edit it.

Alternative maps never worked for DayZRP.

Even if we'd switch to an alternative map, we would go with a more popular and known map like Taviana or Namalsk, to get the best chance of success and stable population on it.

Lucky    0

I voted no.

It's small and we don't have anywhere near the amount the resources to port the map to DayZ, let alone edit it.

Even if we'd switch to an alternative map, we would go with a more popular and known map like Taviana or Namalsk, to get the best chance of success and stable population on it.

/thread lol. Thanks for your input though, I agree with the map being too small but it would be pretty awesome to see DayZRP with its own map. Namalsk could be possible to get the files, Ill check into it.

Rolle    2449

I voted no.

/thread lol. Thanks for your input though, I agree with the map being too small but it would be pretty awesome to see DayZRP with its own map. Namalsk could be possible to get the files, Ill check into it.

What files? Namalsk is publicly available for DayZ, just not updated to latest version I believe :)

Jamma    4

No, not Podagorsk, focus on maps like Zernovo or similar ones that simulate other parts of Chernarus.

Namalsk also would be great fun though.

Tamaster92    14

I voted no.

What files? Namalsk is publicly available for DayZ, just not updated to latest version I believe :)

read the thread Rolle :P

he means the core map files to import into terrain for editing. IE added new towns, islands, trees, rivers etc